apexi coilovers or koni w/ race springs

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2002, 02:27 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
apexi coilovers or koni w/ race springs

OK...i got koni w/ h&r race springs. All I can say is that the handling is incredible. Bodyroll is minimal (making a u turn at 30 mph). However, the ride is so stiff, that it literally hurts my back when I hit a bump on the freeway. How do the Apexi coilovers feel? I'm guessing the coilovers won't be able to perform like the koni w/ race springs, but thats ok...i don't race nor do I drive fast. How does the ride w/ Apexi compare with stock?
Old 04-23-2002, 05:23 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: apexi coilovers or koni w/ race springs

Originally posted by lenjiay
OK...i got koni w/ h&r race springs. All I can say is that the handling is incredible. Bodyroll is minimal (making a u turn at 30 mph). However, the ride is so stiff, that it literally hurts my back when I hit a bump on the freeway. How do the Apexi coilovers feel? I'm guessing the coilovers won't be able to perform like the koni w/ race springs, but thats ok...i don't race nor do I drive fast. How does the ride w/ Apexi compare with stock?
Apexis are a little stiffer than stock...they outperform the koni H&R combo cuz you can lower the height and lower the center of gravity on the car....the Konis are superior struts, but they didn't make them with the H&Rs in mind, whereas, the Apexis designed their coilovers to work in conjunction with one another...if you still want dampening adjustability...get some Tiens.