Anyone know 0-60 times for '03 non type S cl?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 12:04 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone know 0-60 times for '03 non type S cl?

Found some numbers on type S but never the normal one....just curious to see.

Also, lookin to do a few things, please give opinions on:

Intake....best performance? Sound? cost?
Headers....performance? sound? cost?
Exhaust....worth it? I never thought so but if anyone knows of an exhaust that is, tell me about it.

By the way, its an 03 Cl. Nighthawk black...currently stock as can be.

Thank you.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:31 PM
Uses turn signals in my

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Masta Nameless
Found some numbers on type S but never the normal one....just curious to see.

Also, lookin to do a few things, please give opinions on:

Intake....best performance? Sound? cost?
Headers....performance? sound? cost?
Exhaust....worth it? I never thought so but if anyone knows of an exhaust that is, tell me about it.

By the way, its an 03 Cl. Nighthawk black...currently stock as can be.

Thank you.
Intakes:
Best performance: comtpech icebox.
Noise: icebox is the quietest (looks stock if thats what you like) , others are louder and have the tradition intake set-up.
Cost about 250 for the icebox, I think the others about the same (maybe 30 cheaper).
The other intakes (AEM, INJEN) are good also, louder than stock, but with the CAI applications you may need a bypass valve.

Headers are a great bang for the buck, If you got the $ I'd put the headers in first. There are several brands that make them with prices ranging from $1,200 to only $150 bucks. The sound volume stays the same for the headers, the tone of the exhaust gets deeper.

The stock exhaust is pretty good and with aftermarket exhausts you don't gain much (3 hp I believe for a type S).
Old 09-11-2006, 12:46 PM
Team Owner

Received 602 Likes on 419 Posts
^^^

He covered the basics.

The best HPS mod other than the super charger or custom Turbo are headers. The best ones you can get are Comptechs, but they are expensive. Very little problems with them, in fact, I am yet to read one. OBX are shit, don't get them. XS Power headers seem to be pretty good and really cheep.

IMO, the best intake is the Icebox from Comptech. It gives you the best gains, and it looks more stock. AEM or Injen can be a bit loud. I don't like them. Also, the support stem on the AEM's seem to be prone to breaking. You also have the V2 option since you don't have a type S. I also like the fact that it is a lot more difficult to hydroblock the engine with the Icebox, since the filter is located higher up even though the air comes from the bottom.

The exhausts are just for looks. Not any real HPS gain. I had the Comptechs on my car for a while and they were great. Not too loud, gave you a nice growl and they looked great.

Other mods I can recommend are Thermoblok spacers. They are pretty easy to install and helps to keep your engine cooler. You can also look at the Mugen cooling mods that also help reclaim some of your lost horses.

And of course you can replace the pulleys. UR pulleys seem to be the better choice.

Good luck. And for future reference, you can find a lot more information in this thread....

http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/annou...nouncementid=7
Old 09-11-2006, 04:01 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts
normal car is going to be in the low high 7's to low 8's
Old 09-11-2006, 04:19 PM
Don't Mess With Texas

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
google.com