Anybody here from Baltimore, MD?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2001 | 11:34 AM
The Creator

Anybody here from Baltimore, MD?

I'm going to be in Baltimore for 4 days next week.

I'm going with the girlfriend... but shes going to get a iPlanet Certification for work... so she will be busy all day each day.

So I don't have shit to do for the larger part of the days all next week.

Anyone have any ideas of what there is to do round there? Anything thats a must see? How is the transportation in that city? Do they have a subway?

If anyone want's to meet up and chill let me know...

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
San Marino Red (Navigation)
PIAA 19173 Ion Yellow Fog Lights
Aftermarket Black Wood Trim Kit
Old 01-30-2001 | 01:29 PM
Advanced

Hey Soopa,
I live in Germantown, MD about 1 hour 10 min West of Baltimore. The inner harbor has some cools shops and has an ESPN-Zone where you can play some cool arcade games and stuff. If it happens to be a decent day you could take a boat cruise around the harbor and check out the city.

Fell's Point which is about 5 minutes from the inner harbor is a cool place to get loaded. You and your GF will have plenty of places to eat and drink at night. Just ask around and they'll give you directions.

There are some shady areas around the PSINet Stadium and the John's Hopkins Medical Center, so try not to get caught over there at night. They're a ways from the inner harbor so you should be okay.

I have to work 9-6 M-F and will be in Cleveland on Monday and Tuesday, so i won't be able to cruise up there an hang with ya. Sorry, but i hope you have a good time anyway.

Have fun!

------------------
Bullet-TypeS
Old 01-30-2001 | 02:44 PM
The Creator

Cool thanks.

I had heard the same thing about the John Hopkins area from someone else.

So what about transportation? We don't have a rental car (under 25) and the limo only transports us from the airport... to the hotel... to work... to the hotel.

Is Baltimore the kinda city you can walk out the door and hail a cab? Is there a subway or something?

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
San Marino Red (Navigation)
PIAA 19173 Ion Yellow Fog Lights
Aftermarket Black Wood Trim Kit
Old 01-30-2001 | 05:22 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by soopa:
Cool thanks.

I had heard the same thing about the John Hopkins area from someone else.

So what about transportation? We don't have a rental car (under 25) and the limo only transports us from the airport... to the hotel... to work... to the hotel.

Is Baltimore the kinda city you can walk out the door and hail a cab? Is there a subway or something?

</font>

you should still be able to rent a car (over 21) - baltimore is easy enough to get a cab in. especially from a major hotel - just call down to the vallet and ask.

i am not too far away. i'm headed to the beach sunday for my birthday, but i'll be back monday. hit me up via email ken@goldn1.com

------------------

2001 Acura CL Type S, black/ebony, spoiler, 35% tint, V1
goldn1
Old 01-30-2001 | 09:35 PM
Advanced

Soopa,
Like Goldn1 said cabs are pretty available to catch. Or if you're staying near the inner harbor you can pretty much walk anywhere and get to anything. You really shouldn't need to leave a 5 block radius in all directions to find something to do.

Goldn1 - Where in Gaithersburg do you live? Off of 355 near King's Farm? Near Rio? The reason i'm asking is i've seen a black TypeS cruising on 270 on my way to work. As i mentioned to Soopa i live in Germantown near Neelsville village (exit 16 off 270). Anyway maybe i'll see you at the CL meet on the 18th.

------------------
Bullet-TypeS
Old 01-30-2001 | 10:02 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bullet-TypeS:
Soopa,
Goldn1 - Where in Gaithersburg do you live? Off of 355 near King's Farm? Near Rio? The reason i'm asking is i've seen a black TypeS cruising on 270 on my way to work. As i mentioned to Soopa i live in Germantown near Neelsville village (exit 16 off 270). Anyway maybe i'll see you at the CL meet on the 18th.
</font>
Black/black - no front plate, and tint - easy to spot.

That could have been me. i'm on 270, midcounty (live off of there), 124 (work off of there) all the time. I saw a white cl today in germantown on my way to the gf's.

Where is the thread about the meet? I haven't seen it.

------------------

2001 Acura CL Type S, black/ebony, spoiler, 35% tint, V1
goldn1
Old 01-30-2001 | 10:24 PM
JZ
Three Wheelin'

I live near the Rio and I'm sure I've seen your rides before--especially the one with tint. You all shoud def. go to the next area meet on the 18th. Should be a blast and I'll have my Konis and sways by then. JZ

------------------
Black/black CL Type S Comptech springs, headers. Soon to have Konis and Comptech sway bars. PIAA 19169, Solaris high beams. Potenza RE730's 225/45/ZR17
...And I wonder where my money goes!