Any Tempe Acura Service Experience???

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2004, 06:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any Tempe Acura Service Experience???

What are your experiences w/ Acura of Tempe? I'm looking to get my 30,000 mile service and have called the 3 local dealers here for pricing. I'm leaning towards them because of price and location (I live in Chandler and work in Tempe)

Anyways, this was the result for the 30,000 mile pricing:

Bell Acura
$289.99 plus tax for a service that will do all the inspections and adjustments to all belts, etc. as well as do a tranny flush (not sure if that's only for AT), change out the wiper inserts, air filter, tire rotation/balance, and oil/filter change. This does not include the A/C cabin filter change, which would cost another $99.95.

They're willing to only backout the cost of the tire rotation since they "specially price" the package and to take too much off would push you to do an a la carte service which the advisor said would cost more than the service alone. Tire rotation/balance would be a deduction of $59.95. I wanted them to back out the price of the air filter change too.

North Scottsdale Acura
$460 plus tax. They do all the same stuff but he said they don't do a tranny flush but a "gear oil drain/refill". They include the AC filter in this service.

They weren't willing to back out the tire rotation balance because they need to take the wheels off anyways to check your brakes. But they will backout the AC filter change of $95 and air filter change of $30.

Acura of Tempe
They were the cheapest at $249.95 which would include all but the cabin filters. The guy on the phone seemed to be a jerk since he said that I have to show up at appt. time and can't drop the car off earlier because another vehicle has an appt. already. I've never had problems at Bell allowing me to drop it off early.

Anyways, they were willing to back out the tire rotation/balance ($54) as well as the air filter change ($40).

I'm leaning towards Tempe Acura because they will be the cheapest and the closest to my home...but they seem to be asses on dropping my car off earlier. The guy I talked to would only work on his schedule to fit me in and won't talk to me about other people's schedules (for a weekend service). I guess he's working off of commission or something.

Hopefully someone else has experience with them and that it's positive.
Old 10-15-2004, 06:25 PM
Yeehaw

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts
I had my axle fixed there and the tranny recall done there. I've had my car in for service at both Bell and Scottsdale, and I liked Tempe the best. The people there are great and the service is excellent. Prices are the best too.
Old 10-15-2004, 07:03 PM
Three Wheelin'

Anyone you recommend there to do the service? I know Bell's got a $19.95 oil/filter change coupon now....I may try to get Tempe to honor that, along with a 10% off coupon for the 30,000 mile service.

Also, do they give you any sort of loaner car? What do they give out? Old RSX's?
Old 10-15-2004, 07:07 PM
Yeehaw

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts
my loaners have been...

Scottsdale Acura = piece of shit RSX
Bell Acura = 04 TL
Tempe = 04 TSX

I forget the guys name that I used at Tempe Acura... but in the service dept. he has the desk right by the sliding doors where you pull your car up. Hes early 30's, tall with dark hair. He was a really cool guy and a big reason I will use Tempe again over anyone else.
Old 10-15-2004, 11:32 PM
TSX4LIFE

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought my car at Bell and service it at Bell. When Tempe opened up I switched cause I live in Chandler and their new service and dealership is convenient and cost-effective. Go se Jason in service. He is the best. With all the rattles, recalls, etc., he has done a good job and getting them fixed. Prices are good. The have a good parts dept. too. If you get aftermarket stuff, they will usually beat the price. I think I am getting my CT upgrades, rims, and tires there as well. However, I just got raked by a M3 this evening which brings into to question - should I really look for a BMW service dept. to service my new M3. Wish I could afford that car. It is a perfect package. Oh well, go with Tempe. Scottsale Acura is too expensive and Bell is too far with their new location even thought I know the service manager, Tim, takes great care of his customers.
Old 10-16-2004, 12:05 PM
Instructor

Tempe Acura's pretty decent-they did brakes on my car
without me asking-their all in it for the money though
Old 10-18-2004, 12:10 AM
Three Wheelin'

03cls5a....I'll ask for Jason in service....I'll mention that you referred me...what's your name?

Anyways, I got this $19.95 coupon online at Bell, I wonder if Tempe will honor it on top of the 30,000 service. I'm already deleting the tire rotation/balance, then the air filter...I wonder if they'll delete teh oil/filter change as well. Then I'll just have that and the alignment ($79.99 coupon) done at Bell so I can grab and MDX next weekend (need it to move some boxes).