Almost Two

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2003, 08:42 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Almost Two

I never have anyone challenge me around this area and that seems to still be the case. But I should also note that I normally do not instigate a race either so I guess my stock looking CL-S6SC is a little too deceiving. In the end I still can't get a real and full challenge.

On my way into the office the other day an A4 2.8 make a U-turn in front of me but gets in the other lane. I'm pulling up to him at a leisurely pace and he is slowly closing in on a car in front of him. Instead of slowing and allowing me to pass he guns it at the last second, cuts me off and then slows. WTF, complete idiot but I do notice is upturned exhaust tips and louder than stock mufflers so maybe he is just egging me on. But no, he finally gets out of the way and I pass by.

We come up to a light and I merge over to get in the right lane where no one was at and the lane ends a little over a quarter mile away. Here comes Mr. A4 driver flying up from behind and once again swerves in front of me cutting me off and gets the front place at the light.

The light turns green and he starts off at a slow pace. At first I expected him to be turning into the shopping center to the right so I back off looking for a spot to get over before the lane ends. Then I see the soot fly out of the tail pipe and hear his exhaust roar to life. So I got on it in 2nd at about 20 MPH and just about ran over him. From there on to about the 600 foot mark I was plastered to his rear bumper and we both got over and let off

I then proceeded to go around him at a moderate speed. From then on he stayed back several car lengths.

The next potential was yesterday heading home from the office early. I was stopped at a light just shy of I-575 in the middle lane and a new convertible Cobra pulls up to the right lane. That lane is a right turn only lane about an eighth mile up heading onto the interstate. It is a common practice here for people to accelerate ahead and merge over but I was unsure of the Mustang's intention so I sat there waiting for the light to change without regard for the Mustang. Just before the light changed she started inching up as most will do in anticipation of the light changing and wanting to get in front.

This is when I planned on launching from the light and seeing how hard the Cobra was going to pull on me. The light went green and I nailed the launch; just a hint of wheel spin with no bogging. I jumped ahead grabbed second and looked in the rear view since the Cobra was not in front of me as expected. The Cobra was just now passing through the intersection and side by side with the minivan which was behind me, so I let off. I assumed the Cobra was going to get on the highway but just then I saw it leap up and quickly get ahead of the minivan and merge into the lane I was previously in. As I am waiting in a line of cars to head north on the interstate the Cobra slows as it passes me and then romps on it as if letting me know that she had been game but was unprepared.

Who knows what her story was but I was disappointed that she didn't play. I did want to see how badly she would have beaten me. Although it was a convertible, and my guess an automatic, I know she would have still out powered and outran my CL-S6SC. But by how much I wanted to know.
Old 07-24-2003, 10:38 AM
I hate the Mets

Do the new Cobra's come Auto? I thought they were only stick?
Old 07-24-2003, 11:12 AM
Suzuka Master

Good point, I dunno but you are most likely correct. If so, the humiliation would have been even greater.
Old 07-24-2003, 11:16 AM
Suzuka Master

Just checked, 6-Speed manual only.
Old 07-24-2003, 01:05 PM
I hate the Mets

And it was a SHE

Even though you may have been looking at her tail lights, I still think you would of opened her eyes a bit - Oh well, maybe next time
Old 07-25-2003, 08:33 AM
noodles tastes good.

Great story!!
Old 07-27-2003, 01:51 PM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sounds like a good time. Nice kill on the A4.
Old 07-28-2003, 05:55 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i NEED to work on getting a S/C
Old 07-28-2003, 06:13 AM
Moderator Alumnus

nice, umm, near race kills?
Old 07-28-2003, 03:42 PM
Racer

Keep searching, I smell a good kill coming soon.......!
Old 07-28-2003, 04:33 PM
OrIgiNal GanGstA

yeah i see quite a few girls in the new cobra's!! lucky women get everything
Old 07-29-2003, 05:27 AM

U can race me

j/k
Old 07-29-2003, 06:45 AM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by 1SICKLEX