all w/ 19's

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2003, 06:42 PM
kev
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
all w/ 19's

I love the look, and really want to get some myself. The only thing holding me back is the possibility of rubbing (w/ or w/o passengers), the cost of having to replace the low profile performance tires much more often, and the risk of f***ing them up over a pothole w/ the low pro tires on em'.

What do you guys think? Do you have to deal with this stuff? And, is it really worth the bother?..... I've been killin myself trying to make a decision on buying wheels. Hopefully you guys can help me make a decision.
Old 04-17-2003, 06:47 PM
Fuct in the hed!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Get 19x7.5-8 with a +45 offet.
Old 04-17-2003, 08:13 PM
URL Not Found!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i JUSt got 19x7.5 on...doesn't look like there will be ANY rubbing at all.
Old 04-17-2003, 10:18 PM
Honkey

I have 19x8 with 48mm offset. NO Rubbing at all.
Old 04-17-2003, 10:37 PM
I hand out swivel heads

same here with a comptech drop...no problems....
Old 04-17-2003, 11:18 PM
TRELOS

Guys can u give me some advice on what I should expect. Will I rub? Will rolling the fenders cure my problem? I also plan on adding a couple 100lbs in the future to the trunk.

Here:
http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...hreadid=100852

Juker008
Old 04-18-2003, 12:47 AM
Drifting

i rub on occasion and now have to drive like a grandma but I still love how it looks
Old 04-18-2003, 02:39 AM
Burning Brakes

Re: all w/ 19's

Originally posted by kev
I love the look, and really want to get some myself. The only thing holding me back is the possibility of rubbing (w/ or w/o passengers), the cost of having to replace the low profile performance tires much more often, and the risk of f***ing them up over a pothole w/ the low pro tires on em'.

What do you guys think? Do you have to deal with this stuff? And, is it really worth the bother?..... I've been killin myself trying to make a decision on buying wheels. Hopefully you guys can help me make a decision.
it really depends on the drop u have...CTs not as low, no rubbling usually, but looks kinda too high still......any lower, u will have rubbing issues....those are actually simple to fix....roll the fenders....just make sure he knows what hes doing or it will bend/dent/or crack the paint....which leads to an unwanted peel, which then will peel to the outside of the fender after a while.....I had to deal with almost every issue in the book....not to mention CAMBER issues which u have not mentioned so far.....If u live where there are shitty roads, it aint worth it....ur driving style will change dramatically and all of a sudden u find urself not going to unfamiliar places since u are not aware of the road conditons....u would rather stay ur ass home than risking a pothole or scratched rim from a pothole or parallell parking.....u always have to worry about tire pressure....u always have to pay attention to shit on the roads,....rubbing is annoying....if u park for a while, u always have to worry bout comming back to a car sitting on bricks...if u are even that lucky...u always have to go up driveways and gas stations slow since u dont wanna slam that wheel in to the crack, and impatient pple behind u will HONK AT UR ASS or stick the finger out...oh and forget about Road construction....u will have a heart attack, when u see some o that shit they dig in the roads and make u go over them no matter what..u will find urself memorizing road patterns and which lanes NOt to go in...and ull NEVER drive to a place where u have never been to before, unless u experiment prior with someoneleses car....shall i go on?? These are just a bit of the EVERYDAY worries u need to deal with...so i say, yea it looks good, but after a month, ur gonna be like gimme my stock wheels back....so if u decide to go 19, DONT SELL UR STOCK.....if u worry like this now, i guarantee ull be swapping wheels in no time.....i was like u b4 the 19s.....i went through SO MUCH STRESS AND HASSLES....and for what? after u pass someone by and they look at ur car, who gives afuck anymore....besides, 90% opf the time ur sittin in the car driving it and cant even SEE the wheels......good LUCK!
Old 04-18-2003, 02:41 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Juker008
Guys can u give me some advice on what I should expect. Will I rub? Will rolling the fenders cure my problem? I also plan on adding a couple 100lbs in the future to the trunk.

Here:
http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...hreadid=100852

Juker008
yea all u need to do is roll them....find a good place tho and make sure they dont crack the paint otherwise it will peel to the outside eventually.......if u are gonna put shit in the trunk, i suggest u get camber kits for the rear and have them roll the fenders ALL the way...,mine are only rolled .25 inches....just enuf to clear the tire.....but the further u roll, the more risk u have of BENDING the fender edge.....
Old 04-18-2003, 02:43 AM
Burning Brakes

actually, im in socal too....maybe we can meetup
Old 04-18-2003, 04:43 AM
6SPDCLS

Re: Re: all w/ 19's

Originally posted by mr. big
it really depends on the drop u have...CTs not as low, no rubbling usually, but looks kinda too high still......any lower, u will have rubbing issues....those are actually simple to fix....roll the fenders....just make sure he knows what hes doing or it will bend/dent/or crack the paint....which leads to an unwanted peel, which then will peel to the outside of the fender after a while.....I had to deal with almost every issue in the book....not to mention CAMBER issues which u have not mentioned so far.....If u live where there are shitty roads, it aint worth it....ur driving style will change dramatically and all of a sudden u find urself not going to unfamiliar places since u are not aware of the road conditons....u would rather stay ur ass home than risking a pothole or scratched rim from a pothole or parallell parking.....u always have to worry about tire pressure....u always have to pay attention to shit on the roads,....rubbing is annoying....if u park for a while, u always have to worry bout comming back to a car sitting on bricks...if u are even that lucky...u always have to go up driveways and gas stations slow since u dont wanna slam that wheel in to the crack, and impatient pple behind u will HONK AT UR ASS or stick the finger out...oh and forget about Road construction....u will have a heart attack, when u see some o that shit they dig in the roads and make u go over them no matter what..u will find urself memorizing road patterns and which lanes NOt to go in...and ull NEVER drive to a place where u have never been to before, unless u experiment prior with someoneleses car....shall i go on?? These are just a bit of the EVERYDAY worries u need to deal with...so i say, yea it looks good, but after a month, ur gonna be like gimme my stock wheels back....so if u decide to go 19, DONT SELL UR STOCK.....if u worry like this now, i guarantee ull be swapping wheels in no time.....i was like u b4 the 19s.....i went through SO MUCH STRESS AND HASSLES....and for what? after u pass someone by and they look at ur car, who gives afuck anymore....besides, 90% opf the time ur sittin in the car driving it and cant even SEE the wheels......good LUCK!
Well said!
Old 04-18-2003, 08:31 AM
TRELOS

Re: Re: all w/ 19's

roll the fenders....just make sure he knows what hes doing or it will bend/dent/or crack the paint....which leads to an unwanted peel, which then will peel to the outside of the fender after a while.....
Plz Explain.

I had to deal with almost every issue in the book....
Plz tells us all.

after u pass someone by and they look at ur car, who gives afuck anymore....besides, 90% opf the time ur sittin in the car driving it and cant even SEE the wheels......good LUCK!

Juker008
Old 04-18-2003, 08:42 AM
Racer

My wheels havent rubbed once, before my drop I had a three inch gap now its still like 1 inch : 19/225/35 are not bigger than 17/? /55.
get A wheel with a lip on it, to distinguish from all those ghetto rims
Old 04-19-2003, 11:43 AM
Rod
Drifting

If you go with 19X8 with 235/35/19s you will not have rubbing issues as long as you go with a high enough offset for the drop you have or plan on getting.

As far as I'm concerned, the only thing you should really be concerned with is road conditions in your area and your driving style. I think I'm going to be going back to stock in a while because no matter how hard I try, I can't drive like an old lady everywhere I go. I rather just drive like a maniac on stock wheels than have to worry about not fucking up my wheels all the time. They look great, but not worth the hassle IMO...maybe for a second car. And to make things worse, Miami streets are horrible...they're all either under comstruction, unevenly paved, have big potholes, have manhole covers that stick out half an inch, or all of the above. So if you are willing to drive extremely carefully everywhere you go and the roads you frequently travel are in good condition, go for the 19s. Otherwise :shakehd:.
Old 04-19-2003, 11:45 AM
Rod
Drifting

Also, you will feel every crack in the road. The ride is harsher than stock, so this is something else you may want to consider.
Old 04-19-2003, 11:51 AM
It's Go-Time.

Originally posted by Rod
Also, you will feel every crack in the road. The ride is harsher than stock, so this is something else you may want to consider.
Also the road noise is very very noticable!
Old 04-19-2003, 04:02 PM
TRELOS

Originally posted by Rod
If you go with 19X8 with 235/35/19s you will not have rubbing issues as long as you go with a high enough offset for the drop you have or plan on getting.

Ok 235/35/19, I have already plus-sized my tyres already. Now I am running on 235/45/17, so if I went up to 19" I would only change the side-wall length. But couldn't I also go wider on the tyre, or teh fenders won't accept anything higher than 235.

Like I said I already plus-sized my tyres and have what are considered low profile tyres. Those are pumped to 45 and I feel everything on the road. The ride is harsh compared to a stock setup. I like the feel, but not of crappy bumpy roads.

So with that said will 19" feel the same, somewhat harder, or alot harder than what I have on now?

Juker008
Old 04-19-2003, 11:17 PM
Rod
Drifting

Juker, I don't know if the ride will get any harsher compared to your current setup, but I suspect that it will. Maybe someone else can give you a better answer here.

As far as getting a wider tire, the second SEMA CL-S did have 245/35/19s, but I don't know if you'll encounter any rubbing issues. I had thought about going this route too, but no one on here has tried this setup yet that I know of.
Old 04-20-2003, 04:37 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Juker008
Ok 235/35/19, I have already plus-sized my tyres already. Now I am running on 235/45/17, so if I went up to 19" I would only change the side-wall length. But couldn't I also go wider on the tyre, or teh fenders won't accept anything higher than 235.

Like I said I already plus-sized my tyres and have what are considered low profile tyres. Those are pumped to 45 and I feel everything on the road. The ride is harsh compared to a stock setup. I like the feel, but not of crappy bumpy roads.

So with that said will 19" feel the same, somewhat harder, or alot harder than what I have on now?

acutually, if u feel it w/ 45, u will feel it for SURE with 35 serires....the little cracks u see in the pavement, u will hear the car and feel the car go over it....Very noticeable from stock!! at first u dont notice it, but the more u drive, the more u will know it.....just think iof it like this....there is Much much less cushion beteen the rim and the pavement....almost like u are driving a car on metal....if that makes sense...i dunno how to explain it, but its harsh as fuk

Juker008
Old 04-20-2003, 04:38 AM
Burning Brakes

oh, and not to mention the interior cabin will also have added road noise and rattling altogether since the tires will absorb much less shock from the roads....so everything in general sound louder/harsher
Old 04-20-2003, 12:59 PM
TRELOS

Heres a though. U know that yellow foam that construction workers use that expands into a yellow foam. Well what if I injected it into my tyres?

...I'm just FKin kiddin

But it is a though if something like that could work.

Juker008