alignment/Spec Sheet for CT Springs ??

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 02:09 PM
Beware of leakage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
alignment/Spec Sheet for CT Springs ??

After having my CT springs on for about a week and a half, I went to firestone to have it aligned. They told me I needed the spec sheet for my springs before they can align my car. My dilemma is, I bought my springs slightly used from a board member. Does anyone have this spec sheet they are telling me about ?
any help is appreciated

Also was going to get the alignment for life.
Old 10-08-2003, 02:26 PM
retired

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There is no spec sheet .The car should be aligned to factory specs .Most likely the rear camber will be out of spec after the alignment .If it does not exceed 2.0 degrees you are fine if it does a camber kit would be a good choice.

jens
Old 10-08-2003, 04:49 PM
Beware of leakage

Well Damn, all I kept reading on here was that with the CT springs I would not need a camber because of the height, did I miss something ?
Old 10-08-2003, 06:44 PM
Spectacular Aroma About

Originally posted by Chopper
Well Damn, all I kept reading on here was that with the CT springs I would not need a camber because of the height, did I miss something ?
I think Jens is just saying that if the camber is more than 2 degrees you need a camber kit. 2 degrees is quite a bit. The wheels would be noticeably tilted in at the top. I have had my Comptechs on for about a month and there is no way the camber in the rear is even close to 2 degrees. I do need to get it checked but I don't think the alignment is off by much. I've actually heard of a couple installs at dealers where they checked the alignment after comptech springs and it was still in spec with no alignment at all.

The thing about needing a spec sheet for the springs doesn't make any sense to me at all. The only thing mine came with were tags that gave the load rating of each spring so you knew which side to put which spring on.
Old 10-08-2003, 07:03 PM
Beware of leakage

Originally posted by ChadT
I think Jens is just saying that if the camber is more than 2 degrees you need a camber kit. 2 degrees is quite a bit. The wheels would be noticeably tilted in at the top. I have had my Comptechs on for about a month and there is no way the camber in the rear is even close to 2 degrees. I do need to get it checked but I don't think the alignment is off by much. I've actually heard of a couple installs at dealers where they checked the alignment after comptech springs and it was still in spec with no alignment at all.

The thing about needing a spec sheet for the springs doesn't make any sense to me at all. The only thing mine came with were tags that gave the load rating of each spring so you knew which side to put which spring on.
Thanks for the reply Chad. Yeah I understood Jen's if. I don't know anything about alignments, so I did not understand that 2 degrees was "quite a bit". My tires do not have any tilt action going on, I checked that before I left the installer.
About the spec sheet, shocked the hell out of me, because from what I understood is that the CT's were not a "dramatic drop". I tried explaining this to the guys at firestone . So I will take the car back to them and tell them to set it to factory specs.
Old 10-08-2003, 10:51 PM
BC
nearsighted visionary

I went to a local outfit, Les Schwab tires, quote was $70 but was only charged $45 as the rear wheels were OK at less than 1 degree from plumb and square. Alignment was performed at about 6 weeks after used CT spring install.
Old 10-09-2003, 05:55 AM
My Home Planet

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Chopper, let us know what firestone says. I was planning on going to them for that lifetime alignment deal too. I just wanna know if they'll agree to do it to factory specs and still honor the future alignments.