AHHHHHH Another paint crack!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2001, 08:47 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AHHHHHH Another paint crack!!!

Man I absoultley hate this POS paint that honda/acura got from GM or who ever, I just got home and as usual was dusting my car w/ the cali duster and WTF a paint crack SMACK on my drivers side door. AHHHHHHh I just touch up painted like 4 chips sunday and now another one !!!

WTF kind of Walmart water color paint did they use, if some one hit me it should of left a dent not a fooken crack in my paint. !!! ahhhhhhh never again will I buy a car from acura if its painted in fooken ohio or where ever the F they did. AHHHHHHHHHHH this totally blows. @#$@#$ @#$@#@ @#!!$ Mut@@#$ F@#$@ Acura and there cutting corners, I can just see half of us getting our cars repainted w/in 2 years. Hell hope some one scrachtes the @#$@ out of my car or keys the living @#$T^ out of it so I can get it repainted. now, I don't even think they used clear coat. AHHHHHHHH i can even see the friggen metal. @#$@ this ozone saving crap give me some real paint GAWD @#$@@ it.!!!

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%,5% on Sun Roof, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter. Comptech Springs. Polarg m-6.
Comptech Headers, Comptech Sways, Eurolite Xenon Crystal high beams.
me.

gtech 0-60 6.03 w/ 438 pound load. preheader.
Old 04-16-2001, 09:09 PM
Instructor

As I have stated before this is the worst paint job of any car I have owned! Including a 84 Buick, and 98 Mustang which is painted in the dirtiest building in Detroit! Serious Prob. Perhaps if we start some sort of petition and speak out Acura may do something?
Old 04-16-2001, 09:14 PM
dlp
Instructor

and this is why a buddy of mine suggested buying the paint protection offered atr the time of puchase. I even clarified withth e dealership.. if it fades, or has cracks within 5 years, they will repaint if necessary.... WELL WORTH it.... i would advise nay new CL owners to inquire at your dealership... I have seen some photos of cars with Zaino multi coats and I still see the same shine in my car as I do in those pics.. and I don't have to go thru nearly as much hassle.... I do feel for you novawhite.. i hope the chipping and cracking stops...

------------------
2001 CL Type S w/ NAV & Spoiler. San Marino Red/Parchment int. Purchased 2/28/01.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1584587&a=12058921
Old 04-16-2001, 10:00 PM
JZ
Three Wheelin'

There is no way Acura should be pulling this paint warranty bullshit. That's a money making scheme for the most part at non-luxury dealers set up to steal more of the customer's money.

Quality paint should be the price of doing business for a luxury/near luxury company like Acura. It should not be something that we have to pay extra for.

There is no dooubt in my mind that many of us will have to get our cars repainted to make them wear well in the upcoming years.

As a follow up to what Novawhite said, if my car ever does get keyed or anything like that, the rest of the car might just also get keyed--if you know what I'm saying--so it can get repainted.

And also, good luck collecting on a free paint job b/c you have the paintguard--guarantee they will fight you tooth and nail over what is considered normal paint wear.

------------------
Black/black CLS
Comptech headers, springs, swaybars
Koni yellows
Polarg M6 road lamps
Solaris Hi beams
Potenza RE730 225/45/17
Red AEM CAI
Denso Iridium plugs
35% metallic tint
Old 04-16-2001, 10:32 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Shit, me too. I just waxed my CLS couple weeks ago and took care of all paint scratches. Today another paint 2 scratshes on both doors

As matter of course, I just keep a Maguire's Swirel Remover in my trunk with a 100% cotton sweeter that I use to buff this liquid. It's 50%-75% effective ... better than nothing...

But Sure if I have a chance to talk to Acura' Quality Control Manager for the paint department, I would say 75% of your current customers will never buy another Acura because of the fukin paint!

Fix it!

------------------
Black, Ebony, 3.2 CL Type-S, NAV.
- 3M clear bra, by Stonguard (full front bumper, and side mirrors, and partial hood)
- Acura Spoiler, Moonroof visor
- Splash guards, Winter mats, Trunk liner
- Valentine V1 Radar Locator
- HELMS Service Manual
- PIAA 19169 road lamps
- 03/19/01: Injen Polished CAI
- 04/13/01: 235/40/18 NITTO 555 on 18x7.5, +45 offset, Koing Imagine in Silver with wheels locks
Old 04-17-2001, 03:17 AM
Advanced

Hey guys,
Don't freak, the guys on the Lexus, Nissan, & BMW site complain about the same shit regarding paint. I had my integra repainted with the best Dupont paint (multi-coated) and I still get paint chips and scratches. It will never be avoidable unless you never drive the car. As far as any treatment to protect your paint from chips, thats bullshit. Sure, if the paint fades, blisters or cracks within the warranty period, your covered as that is not normal. I feel for you as I pamper my CL-S too, but reality check says otherwise.

Enjoy the ride, it is an awesome machine!

Deckard

01 silver CL-S w/spoiler
98 silver Integra GS
Old 04-17-2001, 09:23 AM
Three Wheelin'

Time to stone guard or x-pel the whole car.......

------------------
2001 Silver 3.2CLS
Muds, Spoiler, Hardwire 8500, Polarg M-6 lamps, K&N filter #33-2178,
Comptech Headers, Sways, mufflers
Planning: SSR 17X8 Competition Wheels with Toyo T1S, Brembo Brakes.
Old 04-17-2001, 09:56 AM
Racer

Ditto, Bladerunner. I hear a lot of you guys complain about all of the failings of Acura. I doubt that anyone here was forced to buy a CL-S. Why not just focus on the positives of our cars. Our cars are built by men. Men are flawed. Deal with it!!!

------------------
CL-S
White/Parchment
Gold Emblems
Mud Guards / Wheel Locks
Spoiler
Winter Floor Mats
Old 04-17-2001, 11:59 AM
Advanced

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Marine1:
Ditto, Bladerunner. I hear a lot of you guys complain about all of the failings of Acura. I doubt that anyone here was forced to buy a CL-S. Why not just focus on the positives of our cars. Our cars are built by men. Men are flawed. Deal with it!!!

</font>
You're absolutely right but... no one may have forced me to by an Acura but how was I to know that the paint and other stuff was this bad before I bought it? If they had let me take the car for a week and let me wash and wax the car, I would never would have bought it. Granted, there are a lot of positive things about the CL. I just don't understand why in the world would any car manufacturer cut corners in the most visible parts of the car? That's just plain stupid. Someone from one of the above posts said it right, unless Acura takes some severe action in the paint department, I doubt any of the proud CL/TL owners will buy another one. Hell, I bought my CL because I loved my '92 Legend LS and thought the quality was superior to most cars. I can tell you this - I will drive this CLs and I will take care of it the best I know how and in three years, I will be buying a car that has never been touched by an American Auto Worker!!

------------------
Black/Tan 2001 CL Type-S
No Mods yet but looking
Old 04-20-2001, 10:09 AM
Instructor

i had been planning on buying a cl in october or so, but after these posts im not so sure any more. Is the paint really that bad that you wouldnt suggest buying the car??
Old 04-20-2001, 10:15 AM
Three Wheelin'

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by eighteight:
i had been planning on buying a cl in october or so, but after these posts im not so sure any more. Is the paint really that bad that you wouldnt suggest buying the car??</font>
I recommend buying the car... The paint is an issue on most cars these days.

------------------
2001 Silver 3.2CLS
Muds, Spoiler, Hardwire 8500, Polarg M-6 lamps, K&N filter #33-2178,
Comptech Headers, Sways, mufflers
Planning: SSR 17X8 Competition Wheels, Brembo Brakes.
Old 04-20-2001, 11:08 AM
Burning Brakes

Yesterday I had visited the NYC autoshow. How strange is this? While I was looking at the bazillion cars there I would either consciously or subconsciously feel the paint on all of the cars. Toyota's bright yellow Mr2 along with all of the Lexi, Benz's and other imports each have a hard, thick, smooth and very bright color exterior paint jobs. I know some will wonder how one can "feel" the hardness and thickness of the paint but it is possible. When I visited the Acura display (no 02 CL's there) and touched the paint, I didn't "feel" the thickness and smoothness that most of the other imports had and the colors just do not "pop" with the clarity as the others.

If we do not point out the negatives (along with the positives) about our cars then maybe the silent readers who visit forums and who are themselves employed by automakers will not know about the cars shortcomings. Also such info such a service bulletins and quickfixs for some glitches would not be known to some of us if it were not for folks registering some complaints. I've already took up to much of your time. Gdbye!

Can anybody identify this model?

or this truck? Note the angle of the rear wheel. It actually was angled much more than the photo shows.(sorry for the darkness of that area)

------------------
"01" CL Type-S
White\Black
Comptech Springs
Comptech Sways
Navigation System
Burlwood Shifter
Guards+Fenderwell Trim
PIAA16969
Smokers Package
My Car
Old 04-20-2001, 01:19 PM
Intermediate

It bums me out because everyone seems to be having this problem including me. We all should definitly get a petition going. This is unexceptable for a $30K car from ACURA.
Old 04-20-2001, 01:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Al Uminum:
Can anybody identify this model?

or this truck? Note the angle of the rear wheel. It actually was angled much more than the photo shows.(sorry for the darkness of that area)

</font>
They are Mercedes. The top one should be a C230 sport coupe. The bottom one is a G-Wagon!

------------------
01' CL-S, Silver/Ebony
Old 04-20-2001, 03:02 PM
Drifting

I agree..you should see the cracks I have on my car. I dont even have 10k miles, and my car looks more beat up, then my Integra did after 2 years!!!!!

Spiro

------------------
Black/Black 2001 CL-S
RED AEM CAI
Polarg M6 Roadlamps
Old 04-20-2001, 03:09 PM
Honkey

it just dawned on me after reading this post...I got a door ding and not only did it dent the car, but scratched the paint up pretty bad too. Right down to primer. I had a few door dings on my old 97 accord and it never damaged the paint. Once they were removed you'd never know anything happened. Now, even with the ding removed, I have deep scratches in the paint. I guess i better keep it under the cover everytime I park.
-Aaron

------------------
2001 CL-P, new project undergoing complete reconstruction. As of now: Custom CAI fabricated by SRD, Polarg M6 bulbs, 4 ProHopper Chrome hydraulic pumps with whammy tanks, 4 ProHopper dumps, 4 Optima marine deep-cycle batteries, 4 switches. Much much more to come...

1997 Accord coupe EX-L. Chrome suspension, Chrome motor, every bolt-on imaginable. One pump, 8 dump hydraulics with accumulators. Leather, Billet grills, 18" Neeper Shadows...etc..etc http://www.artofnoize.com/Cars/aaron.htm

1990 Toyota standard cab. Bodydropped 3". 17" KMC Nemesis', extensive suspension work. 4 wheel airbags.
Old 04-20-2001, 03:12 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

I just covered and tried to remove 2 more dents/scratches. Those that like a white cream can be rmoved but some deep scratchs will stick there!

------------------
Black, Ebony, 3.2 CL Type-S, NAV.
- 3M clear bra, by Stonguard (full front bumper, and side mirrors, and partial hood)
- Acura Spoiler, Moonroof visor
- Splash guards, Winter mats, Trunk liner
- Valentine V1 Radar Locator
- HELMS Service Manual
- PIAA 19169 road lamps
- 03/19/01: Injen Polished CAI
- 04/13/01: 235/40/18 NITTO 555 on 18x7.5, +45 offset, Koing Imagine in Silver with wheels locks
Old 04-20-2001, 03:15 PM
Suzuka Master

OM F'ING GOOD NESS
I Just check my bumper and I have all these lines of scratches , looks like some one got a SOS pad and bushed it. also above the wheel where the side body panel bends near the hood I have fine scratches. This sux big time.

I will never again buy a car that's painted in the US NEVER!!!

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%,5% on Sun Roof, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter. Comptech Springs. Polarg m-6.
Comptech Headers, Comptech Sways, Eurolite Xenon Crystal high beams.
me.

gtech 0-60 6.03 w/ 438 pound load. preheader.
Old 04-20-2001, 06:09 PM
Burning Brakes

RandyMax

Mon Deux! You got the models corrrrrrect!
Up close that Merc is so small that they should use a smaller font for the badging.

And the G-Wagon has some interesting wheel angles.
Old 04-20-2001, 11:32 PM
Suzuka Master

I never could understand why Acura put 3 clear coats on the MDX (20-40 MPH on rocks, gravel, etc). Then they only put one on the CL-S and it can go 140+ MPH on the freeways and highways. Did Acura forget that the roads and by-ways are littered with sand, gravel, debris... It is like putting the car in a wind tunnel or bringing a sand blaster around.

Every single time I've gone on a long ride, I've put at least a coat or two more of Zaino on the car to help with the bug, sand, and debris hits.

Next stop is going to be Clear-Bra world (I only have two pits, but this could get nasty)

Perhaps, Acura can find someone with some 44 magnum stopping paint made with Kevlar and Lexan. Show someone firing a machine gun at it...

------------------
Silver 2001 CL-S with NAVI
  • Mud guards
  • Wheel locks
  • Toyo T1S 235/45ZR17-97W* Proxies on 17x8" SSR Competition wheels (48lbs less than stock)
  • Kevlar/SS Brake lines ordered
  • Comptech headers & sways ready
  • Silver AEM CAI ready
  • 8 coats of Zaino magic

[This message has been edited by EricL (edited 04-20-2001).]