AEM or Injen?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2001, 05:23 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AEM or Injen?

Which is the better CAI? I know that Injen doesn't have the bypass valve, but I don't think you have to worry about knee deep water in Dallas, TX.
Old 10-10-2001, 05:26 PM
Any Lady Want One??? :-P

XEPHYR j/k AEM thats what most people have. Thats what I would get but JMO though.
Old 10-10-2001, 05:58 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by bigsoos:
<STRONG>Which is the better CAI? I know that Injen doesn't have the bypass valve, but I don't think you have to worry about knee deep water in Dallas, TX. </STRONG>
AEM doesn't have a bypass valve either...you have to buy it separately but it can be used with either (any w/ 3" diam).
Old 10-10-2001, 06:12 PM
Advanced

I know that AEM has a polished CAI, but its only out for the CL-P. I don't understand why they did that one.
Old 10-10-2001, 06:18 PM
Advanced

Well I just talked to a guy at AEM sales and he said the polished CAI should be out in a couple weeks for the CL-S. I guess I'll just wait and see.
Old 10-10-2001, 06:28 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mine came today. I went with the AEM because of the larger diameter. Looks nice and thick. Injen seems kinda skinny. As far as performance goes it's prolly pretty similar. I went with the AEM because I can attached a bypass and because a bunch of people on the board seem to like it.
Old 10-10-2001, 07:03 PM
Three Wheelin'

Both are very similar. Both are 3" and you can use the 3" bi-pass valve on both. I have had both AEM and Injen CAI on my car, and I like the Injen better. Running with the Injen now.
But you will be happy with either.

I really like the direction Injen is going, right on top of all the new models, (like RSX-S 18 HP!)excellent fitment, and finish

Here is a reveiw sent to me by a customer that had the AEM CAI, and swapped it out for the Injen. This email made me switch and I would have to agree what he says.

"Hi, Tim, I have already installed both the CAI and the by-pass valve. Just want to tell you what I feel from the intake. Hope that it helps for your review. 1st, the craftmanship of Injen is absolutely MUCH better than AEM, and the design is much better too.1) The intake pipe is no longer touching the throttle body; thus, the pipe is not hot anymore. It was very hot when I used AEM's2) There is no upper bracket for the upper pipe; however, the overall fitness is very good.3) The lower pipe has S-shape, and the filter is pointing to the front (AEM's points to the ground). Therefore, the filter is placed in a position higher then AEM's ===> less chance of hydrolocking.4) Because the pipe is chorme, it is much harder then AEM's.5) I just replaced the vaccuum hose. The other two are like useless, esp. the radiator hose. I think the material of the radiator hose is not as good as the stock one. Don't think it will take the heat from the coolant as good as stock's.6) The 3" design is very good, when plugging into the adapter mounted to the throttle body. The whole thing actually lines up like a straight pipe with the TB. (Hard to explain, but I will have a pic to show ya)7) The inner wall of AEM's pipe is very rough, you can see Injen has done some work on their pipe. The Injen pipe is not very super-smooth, but at least ok-smooth. (don't know how the explain, you have to see it)8) AEM's is much louder at high rpm (because of roughness?). When idle, the Injen sounds louder tho, and it makes a loud "Woooo" sound. However, when driving normal, I don't even hear any "Szzz" sound from the intake. Very quiet compared to AEM when driving normal.9) High-end is not as good as AEM, but I feel more torque at low rpm like using stock air box with K&N filter and no resonator.10) very quick response, much quicker than AEM's. I think the torque comes from the S-shape pipe, same idea as Mugen exhaust.11) I cut 22mm at the end of each pipe (total 44mm) to fit the by-pass valve. All in all, I love Injen more. However, for most people like those on Superhonda, they may like AEM better because of the sound and high-end power. For me, I like Injen because I get some low-end torque back, or I can say I don't feel any lost during normal driving. I have taken some pictures, I may do a review on SuperHonda too when I get the pic scanned. =) Lothar"

*note this customer and I both have a 2000 TL and we have a different intake (2 pc)

the only thing I wouldn't agree with, that he wrote, is that the Injen is louder, to me, if anything, it seemed quiter at idle..

[ 10-10-2001: Message edited by: snook789 ]