AEM CAI installed!

Look for a HOWTO soon!

But first, a few notes/questions:

Is this part of our car? I was unscrewing the
splash guard and it fell out.

[PIC}http://wizardsworks.org/chod/acura/cai/buh/P6200053-lo.jpg{/PIC]
[PIC]http://wizardsworks.org/chod/acura/cai/buh/P6200054-lo.jpg[/PIC]
more shots of it at http://wizardsworks.org/chod/acura/cai/buh/

I had a weird time with the install because several things that people thought were difficult I thought were easy, but I was having a tough time with things nobody else complained about, so......

By the way, do AEM's instructions suck or what? You need you be Jens to follow them, I think.

Overall the install was pretty easy. I had a tough time with some things that were easily avoidable if you know what you're doing.

I won't say all the usual things - it's louder, duh, we'll see about mileage.

Did anyone have a hell of a time getting the resonator box out? Xephyr's instructions and it says, 'don't let the resonator box fall on you when you unscrew it' so I carefully unscrewed both screws and NOTHING happened. The tube that sticks up would not go through the hole, and I had a hard time forcing it through. Eventually I got on top of my car and kicked that sucker through! Take THAT!!!!

------------------
'01 Aegean Blue CL S-Type w/Nav (Built 6/01)
2 Coats of Z5/Z6, acura-cl.com sticker, Yellow lobster, AEM CAI, Polarg M6
=====
CL FAQ: www.wizardsworks.org/chod/acura
70K and growing!
Old 06-21-2001, 03:57 AM
Retired. Not available.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ChodTheWacko:
Look for a HOWTO soon!

But first, a few notes/questions:

Is this part of our car? I was unscrewing the
splash guard and it fell out.

more shots of it at http://wizardsworks.org/chod/acura/cai/buh/

I had a weird time with the install because several things that people thought were difficult I thought were easy, but I was having a tough time with things nobody else complained about, so......

By the way, do AEM's instructions suck or what? You need you be Jens to follow them, I think.

Overall the install was pretty easy. I had a tough time with some things that were easily avoidable if you know what you're doing.

I won't say all the usual things - it's louder, duh, we'll see about mileage.

Did anyone have a hell of a time getting the resonator box out? Xephyr's instructions and it says, 'don't let the resonator box fall on you when you unscrew it' so I carefully unscrewed both screws and NOTHING happened. The tube that sticks up would not go through the hole, and I had a hard time forcing it through. Eventually I got on top of my car and kicked that sucker through! Take THAT!!!!

</font>
Uh oh ... that doesn't look good ... check all the lights ... It looks like a light socket to me. Maybe Acura gave you an extra one in case you "got on top of my car and kicked that sucker through" and accidentally break one of the light sockets

No... you dont have to be Jens to follow instructions... I didn't have any instructions or experiences and I installed a modified CAI in an hour (a little more or less). Seems like you dont have enough patient to work with your car ... hire me, next time

------------------
'01 Silver CL-S
Silver Mud Guard
Silver Aluminum Sport Pedals
Customed self-installed sound system with 5-channel Kenwood Amp and 10in. Pioneer sub. in Customized box.
(modified) CAI.
Meshed grill.
My Pride
DOM 01/2001 #31432

[This message has been edited by SilverKnight (edited 06-21-2001).]