Acura CL-R (CL type Rattle!!) needs fixing!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2001, 06:57 AM
6SPDCLS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura CL-R (CL type Rattle!!) needs fixing!!

Ok,

I'm hearing 3 types of sound coming from the inside of my CLS.

The first one is so freakin' apparent that it pisses me off. The sound comes from the passenger seat (near where the seatbelt buckles into -- the lock/release mechanism). I thought it was the buckle unit itself but it's just part of it. Seems like the passenger seat needs some weight...but after about 2k miles now, I don't hear it much. It seems like the leather is RUBBING and the friction is producing that loud rattle.

The second one comes from the center console. Any one know wtf it is???!! I'm getting really pissed cause I didn't pay $30K+ for a car like this to hear rattles like my old 93 integra!

The last noise comes from the back? The speaker area? Or the freakin' trunk. I don't know but it's in the back. Anyone know what I'm talkin' about?

Someone know how what is rattling inside the center console and if so, how to fix it? I think the passenger seat will repair itself with time. Mine doesn't rattle anymore. Just have a fat ass biach sit on it while you go places.

Old 01-18-2001, 09:14 AM
Three Wheelin'

Yeah, try the fat chick it worked for me.

------------------
01 Silver 3.2CLs
Old 01-18-2001, 10:22 AM
Advanced

the console is more than likely, one of the cupholders , you might wanna put something (ie: double sided tape) to hold it still. the back is the third brake light housing for sure. Just about all CL's rattle back there until someone tightens it up, puts something between the window and housing, or just complains to the dealer till they fix it.
Old 01-18-2001, 12:07 PM
6 speed...

as far as the passenger seat/console are concerned, I just localized a console squeak yesterday: there's a joint down low on either side of the console where the hard plastic from the rear of the console meets with the softer plastic from the front of the console. I found that by putting a finger on this joint from the passenger side, the squeak goes away. there's also a mounting screw nearby, so I'm hoping that tightening it will have the effect of permanently eliminating that squeak.
Old 01-18-2001, 12:46 PM
ACME sucks!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DDT-TypeS:
Ok,

I'm hearing 3 types of sound coming from the inside of my CLS.

The first one is so freakin' apparent that it pisses me off. The sound comes from the passenger seat (near where the seatbelt buckles into -- the lock/release mechanism). I thought it was the buckle unit itself but it's just part of it. Seems like the passenger seat needs some weight...but after about 2k miles now, I don't hear it much. It seems like the leather is RUBBING and the friction is producing that loud rattle.

The second one comes from the center console. Any one know wtf it is???!! I'm getting really pissed cause I didn't pay $30K+ for a car like this to hear rattles like my old 93 integra!

The last noise comes from the back? The speaker area? Or the freakin' trunk. I don't know but it's in the back. Anyone know what I'm talkin' about?

Someone know how what is rattling inside the center console and if so, how to fix it? I think the passenger seat will repair itself with time. Mine doesn't rattle anymore. Just have a fat ass biach sit on it while you go places.

</font>

I have the same ones. What I have found is that the passenger seat needs weight to silence its rattle. The rear one you hear is likely the rear center brake light cover hitting the glass. The dealer fixed this one for me with no problem. To my understanding, the others, including moonroof rattle, are not fixable.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2CL Type-S
Satin Silver/Ebony
No Navi

Wheel locks/35% tint/Splash guards/PIAA 19169 bulbs/K&N 33-2178 air filter/Mobil 1 5W-30 oil & filter
Old 01-18-2001, 12:48 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by tel1sps:
Yeah, try the fat chick it worked for me.

</font>
Hahahaha! Hahahahahahahahaha! You're killing me!!!

------------------
Gabriel
CL Type S