Acura-cl members...grow up...quit telling people to do a search when they ask a legit

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2002, 06:32 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura-cl members...grow up...quit telling people to do a search when they ask a legit

question. Some people may come here for conversation..That is why it is a forum.
Not everyone is a computer geek that can sit here for hours. Some of us have a life.

Sorry but it just pisses me off when someone asks a legit question and the first response is do a search. I remember the old days on the forum when a search on a dial up took > 5 minutes!!!!

I use the search first always, but it is not always effective.
Remember that you and I were new here once. Let us give the guests and new members a warm welcome.

Thanks, been wanting to vent for a year now....
Old 08-21-2002, 06:44 AM
Safety Car

I think they say that because all the threads are taking up too much space! thats probably the reason we can no longer post pics! I do appreciate when people post links to that specific thread. I say to do a post because i really dont know for sure and no one seems to reply! just my opinion. but that is a good point. this site is really better than a damn chat room! sooo much drama!
Old 08-21-2002, 06:53 AM
'Cooter

all i gotta say is count the number of "lighting" threads...that alone is reason enough to say USE THE SEARCH BUTTON
Old 08-21-2002, 07:41 AM
You Fawkin Kiddin Me!

I see your frustration, but you can easily have quiestions answered by previous threads instead of writing a repetitive thread and waitiing for a response... I can tell you that repetitive threads often do not give you the answer you are looking for anyway.. the SEARCH button, although sometimes annoying HELPS!!! Just use it and do not question it... YES the questions are legit, no one questions the integrity of what people need to know, we question the LAZINESS of finding the answer!
Old 08-21-2002, 08:08 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Re: Acura-cl members...grow up...quit telling people to do a search when they ask a legit

question. Some people may come here for conversation..That is why it is a forum.
Not everyone is a computer geek that can sit here for hours. Some of us have a life.

Yeah I agree, I have no life.... oh no wait... I do..... and It's really really really really really good one. No wait I am a computer geek and it's a hard life. Being a computer geek has brought me nothing but sorrow. Im poor and there is not much hope for us unfortunate souls :P

Sorry but it just pisses me off when someone asks a legit question and the first response is do a search. I remember the old days on the forum when a search on a dial up took > 5 minutes!!!!

Do a search on your complaint if your looking for an answer :sqntfawk:

I use the search first always, but it is not always effective.
Remember that you and I were new here once. Let us give the guests and new members a warm welcome.

May I suggest "SEARCHING ON A FORUM FOR DUMMIES". I know pardon my candor.. I know such a book does not exist in real life but you do qualify for the target audience.

Thanks, been wanting to vent for a year now.... [/QUOTE]
Old 08-21-2002, 08:10 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
In all seriousness, we have a FAQ. Read that first, in the FAQ we should put instructions in on how to search.
Old 08-21-2002, 08:21 AM
Changin bulbs since '73

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
hey wasn't there already a thread on this?:P
Old 08-21-2002, 08:27 AM
trying to get a lil V-I

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Loseit
hey wasn't there already a thread on this?:P
yeah I think you can find it here

haha...sorry...it had to be done :P :P :P
Old 08-21-2002, 08:43 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
OK.. this thread will not be doing anything but starting a flame war, so it's closed.

As for doing searches.... like Casper said... no one is questioning whether the questions are legit or not, but they're things that have been covered, some many times over. Some of the questions can even be answered by checking in the manual!! Replying with "do a search" doesn't mean you need to have a life to take the 5.3 seconds to do the search, it's just a matter of people taking the initiative to try to find the answer first. Nine times out of ten the question already was answered. You mentioned that people come here for conversation and that's why we have a forum...this is true, but have you noticed that this forum has multiple FAQ's as well as a pretty long archive history? It's there for a reason... to be used...that's all that's being suggested.