acura 24/7 road service to the rescue"sort of" little long

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2002, 04:33 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
acura 24/7 road service to the rescue"sort of" little long

well first let me flame myself for being a dummy:flamer:

i locked myself out of the car with the keys in it (don't ask)

so i decide to call the 800 #
no prolem mr ____ a tow truck will be there in 45 minutes to get you in your car

30 mts later, truck shows up, where's your car sir
take him to it, 10 minutes later and him sliding around with a slim jim, no entry

i'll be back with a thicker 1 in 15 minutes

comes back within 20, tries again, no luck

now i'm wondering what the inside of my door panel must look like and how the fuck i'm going to get into my car

i call 800 # again and ask if they can call local dealer 1 mile away for a key(not my dealer) put me on hold come back and say yeah, ask for billy and he'll hook you up in 15 minutes for $15

i ask, i have to pay for this, yeah we don't cover it

everything after went well, but now the nagging question

what happens to anyone who gets locked out and its after hours or on the weekend??? you are screwed

the moral of this is to

"always carry your spare"
sorry for the thesis, but i am still a little annoyed
Old 10-21-2002, 04:45 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
happend to me once.. not my fault, it was in the winter and sister , locked me out while the CLS is running a "Pro" slim jim hecker would open the door not problem

But I hated myself when I saw him twisting the door frame to get access to door lock's hook...

Anyways, here why the have the satellite service to unlock your doors...
Old 10-21-2002, 04:58 PM
Pro

Got to love my Ford with the keypad, just enter the code and I'm in, no problems. Wonder why the imports haven't done this kind of thing yet.
Old 10-21-2002, 05:11 PM
Where is my super sauce?

With the OnStar system in the navi-equipped '03's we just have to call the 800 number, give them our password, and they'll unlock the car by the magic of satellite!

(has anyone tried this out yet???)
Old 10-21-2002, 05:54 PM
Banned

Originally posted by lrutt
Got to love my Ford with the keypad, just enter the code and I'm in, no problems. Wonder why the imports haven't done this kind of thing yet.
Cuz that probably makes it very easy for a theif to steal ur ride.
Old 10-21-2002, 06:37 PM
Fell off my Rocking-Chair

BSK - it was the guy who tried opening ur car with the slim-jim who was inexperienced or whatever.

i locked my keys in once and acura sent someone and he was able to do it in 5 mins. I'm sure our cars are a bit harder to pop open then others cos i've had to call pop-a-lock about 3 times when i had a chevy tahoe and they did it in less then 10 secs
Old 10-21-2002, 08:05 PM
Certified Lurker

This once happened to me on a weekend at like 9 in the morning, completly away from my house where the spare was. They got in touch with a local locksmith company and they came out, and the guy put this very thin thing between the top of the door and the body itslef, then pumped it up and the little thing inflated, causing the door to open slightly on the top, allowing the guy to put a coat hanger type thing in and push up the unlock button, took like 2 min. I was very impresed by this, seemed real easy and did no damage. Only thing is i would not want this device to fall into a theives hands. Didnt have to pay so i was happy.
Old 10-21-2002, 09:27 PM
Three Wheelin'

This happened to me when I had the CL last summer. I was in Myrtle Beach packing my bags in the trunk and closed it with the keys inside and doors locked. I called Acura Roadside Assistance and within 2hrs a local locksmith came with a cut key. Opened the door and popped the trunk. All I had to do was sign for it. I believe you're covered up to a $100 for key lockout.
Old 10-21-2002, 09:39 PM
Certified Lurker

Originally posted by cl-driver
This happened to me when I had the CL last summer. I was in Myrtle Beach packing my bags in the trunk and closed it with the keys inside and doors locked. I called Acura Roadside Assistance and within 2hrs a local locksmith came with a cut key. Opened the door and popped the trunk. All I had to do was sign for it. I believe you're covered up to a $100 for key lockout.
Thats actualy EXACTLY what happened to me.
Old 10-22-2002, 06:30 AM
Xe- For Better Hwy Vision

Make sure they use those little PTFE wedges before inserting that rod in the door head seal!!! THis protects the paint and the seal- also it made is easier for the guy to flip the auto switch.

The guy had mine open in like 5 seconds and it made me worry about how easy it was to gain access. Getting the car open is one thing, stealing it is another I guess!!
Old 10-22-2002, 08:38 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by shaHn78
BSK - it was the guy who tried opening ur car with the slim-jim who was inexperienced or whatever.

i locked my keys in once and acura sent someone and he was able to do it in 5 mins. I'm sure our cars are a bit harder to pop open then others cos i've had to call pop-a-lock about 3 times when i had a chevy tahoe and they did it in less then 10 secs
3 different people tried

go figure that i am in one of the largest theft areas in the country
long island city queens
i should have called midnite auto sales

it would have been smart for acura to send a locksmith with a cut key, they should not fuck with your car trying slim jims

they also said they won't pay the $15 for the key either

guess its time to get into harrassment mode on the phone
Old 10-22-2002, 09:42 AM
Three Wheelin'

The rule of this lesson guys is to always carry your spare key in your wallet. I have done this with HONDA cars for the past 22yrs.
I did however get looked out once with my 90 ACCORD with the spare key inside the car in my wallet. This was on a 4th of July 98degrees outside car running A/C going all in the center of the street. My elderly aunt that I was taking to a picnic pushed the power doorlock button. She was using the door to try to help herself get out of the car. I shut the door not knowing the lock was down. Took about an hour for AAA to respond & 2 seconds to pop the lock. But I learned my lesson was not have the wallet out of my pocket. I need to be very cautious anyway because
I have the auto lock/arm feature set with my Clifford alarm on my TL. Anytime the engine is off or any door is shut the system locks & arms it self.
Old 10-22-2002, 10:05 AM
Three Wheelin'

I can say I have never locked my keys in any car. I keep my spare set at home.