Old 11-13-2012 | 08:40 PM
Instructor

Accident help

Hi all
Last week My CL-S got wrecked.
I'm here to seek for advices.
Here's what happened.
The accident was happened around 5:20 pm in the traffic circle in long beach,
I was entering the circle from the very right lane of the entry, a bus was next to me, and the other driver stated that he was entering the circle in the same entry too. and we had the collision right before the second exit to the lakewood blvd. I was staying outside of the circle, because I needed to go the other side of Pacific coast highway, and he needs to get out by lakewood blvd. so he passed through the bus and exit, then hit me from the rear driver side's quarter panel.
However, he said to his insurance adjuster that I was coming from nowhere and stated that I was in the inner lane and cut across of him to the outer lane. (what a BS). anyhow, now I don't know what to do, rear quarter panel wrecked is a lot of money to repair. What should I do? put him to small claim court? I think GEICO is about to close this claim soon, coz this way, GEICO doesn't need to pay anything for both of us.

my insurance company: GEICO
My insurance adjuster determined that I was not at fault.
but since I only have liability, so my insurance won't cover my damage.
I have uploaded this map to my adjuster but she said this doesn't help at all.

The other driver's insurance company: GEICO
The other driver's adjuster determined that he was not at fault either.
And the police report shows that fault was not determinable.

Thanks,,, Please let me know what I can do to resolve this case...
Do you guys think finding the bus driver who saw the whole scene will change the other driver adjuster's result?

Thanks
Old 11-13-2012 | 09:42 PM
Learning New Ways!

Drop GEICO!
The following users liked this post:
qwpobird (11-14-2012)
Old 11-13-2012 | 10:35 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Xcivicb
Drop GEICO!
before dropping GEICO, I need to $$ to repair my car @o@
Old 11-13-2012 | 10:35 PM
Ultra Negro

Don't have liability insurance for number 1, switch your premium to full minimum, you are basically screwed because liability only pays for damages you do, and not for your car.

Anyway you go, nothing will help you at this point.

Liability means that if you are liable (responsible) for causing damage to property or a vehicle, your insurance will pay for that damage. Hence the word liability. It's a third party coverage, so unless you have the appropriate first party coverage (comprehensive in this case) then there's no coverage for your vehicle.
qwpobird (11-14-2012)
Old 11-13-2012 | 10:40 PM
P.

Bite the bullet, and repair it at your cost. Like you said, nobody was at fault so really there is nothing you can do other than take the person to small claims court and waste your time and effort to fight it, and maby not even win the case. Just let it go and get it repaired. I would say the rear quarter panel would run anywhere from 1,000+ depends on the damage I can't see it. Post some pics and just be thankful your allright, good luck.
qwpobird (11-14-2012)
Old 11-13-2012 | 11:48 PM
Instructor

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gg02nyhrxp...2014.29.02.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jcf26bemtp...2014.29.43.jpg
Old 11-13-2012 | 11:49 PM
Instructor

I have eibach lowering springs on the car. It's too low to drive now...
Old 11-14-2012 | 07:00 AM
Senior Moderator

Not much you can do since both found each other to be not at fault. If the police report shows that or cant determine you are kinda screwed.
qwpobird (11-14-2012)
Old 11-14-2012 | 07:10 PM
ABP-KBP-CBP & ME

Even though the police report didn't determine fault which story did it back up since both can't be true? Did you have any independent witnesses? Even if GEICO closes the claim it can be reopened within 2 years in CA if new info comes to light.

I couldn't tell from the photos which side of the car the damage is on but from the drawing I assume it's the drivers side and if that's true then it you being in the inner lane getting that damage doesn't make sense unless there's some parts of the story you left out.
qwpobird (11-14-2012)
Old 11-14-2012 | 11:50 PM
Instructor

My damage is on the driver's rear quarter panel.
And I was in the outer lane all the time, and the other driver passed the bus and then hit me from the left side as his damage is on the front right bumper. He was the one in the inner lane.

My understanding of the roundabout rules is that outer lane has the right to exit, and inner lane needs to signal and merge to the outer land before exiting the roundabout. And as for my case, since he said he was entered the same entry as I did, he must be in the left entry because I was entering from the very right. There's no way I could have been in the inner lane.
My auntie wants me to go find someone in the police station to give me some explanation about why this case is undetermined. Do you guys think this will work?

I'm trying to reach the bus driver who saw the whole thing to be my waitress, but I am not sure the bus driver will do that.

The police report indicated that MY damage was on the rear driver side quarter panel, and his damage was on the front right bumper.
The police report preparers described as followed: bold red was my indication.
Both V-1 and V-2 were N/B PCH and entered the traffic circle. D-1(me) said he intended to continue around to PCH and D-2(the other driver) wanted to exit at lakewood (the collision point). D-2 said D-1 cut across into him. D-1 said he never saw D-2. Due to conflicted statements and no witnesses. fault was undetermined.
Old 11-14-2012 | 11:52 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by clpassenubye
Even though the police report didn't determine fault which story did it back up since both can't be true? Did you have any independent witnesses? Even if GEICO closes the claim it can be reopened within 2 years in CA if new info comes to light.

I couldn't tell from the photos which side of the car the damage is on but from the drawing I assume it's the drivers side and if that's true then it you being in the inner lane getting that damage doesn't make sense unless there's some parts of the story you left out.
He did mentioned that both of us were coming from the entry road.
Old 11-14-2012 | 11:53 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Xcivicb
Drop GEICO!
I was thinking state farm...
Old 11-15-2012 | 11:56 AM
ABP-KBP-CBP & ME

In my experience the Police aren't going to change anything on the report unless some new info becomes available like a credible witness statement from someone like the Bus driver and then they still might not change it.

Getting the bus driver as a witness is your best bet you should contact the bus company explain your circumstance and see if they will put you in touch with the driver of that route that day and time. If you do get the Bus driver to be your witness and that person verifies your story the insurance company will side with you that is your best bet.

The other driver saying you were in the inner lane doesnt match up with the damages you can't be in the inner lane and he in the outer and your damage be on the drivers side and his on the passenger based on the info given.
qwpobird (11-16-2012)
Old 11-16-2012 | 07:51 PM
Suzuka Master

It's you said, he said. How can the police determine who is telling the truth without a unbiased witness to come forward? Put them in your shoes.