AC and WOT

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2002, 11:10 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AC and WOT

According to acura-cl.com FAQ by Chodthewacko...it is mentioned that if you go to WOT, the car will automatically switch off the AC. Is this true? Has anyone else experienced this? Also out of curiousity, has anyone ever experienced any of these:

Have you noticed.....
The wipers slow down when you hit the brake, and go when you release it?
The wipers go slightly faster if you are driving > 20mph?
You can shut the windows/sunroof after you shut your car off? (only up to 10 minutes after, and only if nobody has opened a door yet)
If you hold the key in the unlock position, it unlocks the passenger door?
If your lights shut off automatically, they auto-turn on when you unlock the car? Good for finding your car, or annnoying the hell out of people!
If you accidentally unlock your doors with your fob, it's (probably) not a big deal since the doors re-lock themselves if you don't open them?
You can shift in SS without disabling cruise control?
If you hold the eject button down for a few seconds, it ejects all the CDs one by one?
You can also hold the load button down for a few seconds to load all the slots?
You don't need the audio system to be on to switch between tape/cd/radio? Just hit the button and it turns on and switches.
You can close the moonroof if the power is off, via the manual screw and the hex key in the trunk? (see users manual for more info)
The HID auto-shutoff will not happen if you leave the keys in the car, or leave the door open/ajar?
The FOB is disabled if there is a key in the ignition?
The center arm rest slides forward?
When your air conditioner is on, if you go WOT you will get a burst of hot hair from the vents? (Because the compressor is shut off during WOT)
If you are in reverse, the passenger rear view mirror tilts down to allow you to look at the curb?
.... but if you go to fast in reverse, it goes back to the normal position?
Old 04-15-2002, 12:20 AM
Retired. Not available.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I knew and experience most of them before reading Chod's FAQs because I read the owner manual on the same day I got my car.
Old 04-15-2002, 12:34 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
what he said and yes the AC compressor does shut off at WOT but the fans keep turning.
Old 04-15-2002, 12:47 AM
The Screeching Toyo's

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I knew most of that stuff BEFORE I even bought the car. It was those type of features that made my decision EASY!!!! What I didn't know, I learned within a few days, after reading the OWNERS MANUAL!!!!!!!!!! The board is a great help as well!!!
Old 04-15-2002, 01:07 AM
Drifting

Thank you everyone for all your help! I was curious also...I wanted to try the theory on the AC turning off automatically on WOT and when I floored it for like 4 seconds, I noticed that the "Auto" button was still lit on my auto climate control. Does the AC shut off immediately after the car detects that you have floored the car or does it do it while you are flooring it after awhile? What about the "Auto" button light? Is that supposed to remain on or turn off? Thank you!
Old 04-15-2002, 05:14 AM
dynamic Duo!

i noticed all those things quickly about the car...

except the thing about holding down the unlock button... it doesn't unlock the passenger for me... i HAVE to press it twice.
Old 04-15-2002, 08:11 AM
Retired. Not available.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Akim711
i noticed all those things quickly about the car...

except the thing about holding down the unlock button... it doesn't unlock the passenger for me... i HAVE to press it twice.
It's the KEY, not the button on the FOB, bud.