3 die in Chicago in CL-S!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2001, 10:04 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3 die in Chicago in CL-S!!!!

Haven't posted in a while, especially since I got rid of my CL-S ( 01 Stang GT drop top 5 speed) but I was watching the news this morning (CLTV) and on I-290 (the Eisenhower) 3 people were killed Sunday night in a Black CL-S!!! The car was so mangled, the only reason I recognized it was because of the rims. I hope and pray that it was not anyone here. Eyewitnesses said that the car was racing another car that just kept going. Two occupants were thrown from the front and killed and the found the third occupant in the back seat.

Please all people on the Forum with Black CL-S's From Chicago area check in!!!!

In light of what happened to bcinspire from the TL forum and just in general, lets all be careful and think twice about street racing!!

OLSKOOLAC88
Old 11-19-2001, 10:12 AM
Team Owner

Very sad indeed.

If it was THAT mangled, are you sure it wasn’t a TL Type-S (same wheels) or could you confirm it was a 2-door ???

Shawn S
Old 11-19-2001, 10:12 AM
Nosferatu

I just saw someone post this at ClubGP and saw the rim and front grill and immediately knew it was a Type S, though was it four or two doors, I couldn't tell! Hopefully it's not someone here. THough I have to say, the driver was VERY STUPID in this incident. Two passengers, WET roads and racing on the Ike? WHAT WAS HE THINKING!?!

I feel sorry for the passengers but the driver should have been a lot more careful.

People, think before you do something like this. Showing up another car in terrible driving conditions is NOT worth your life! I know people will street race, but keep the speeds 'reasonable' and NOT when it's slick out!
Old 11-19-2001, 10:15 AM
Nosferatu

Here's the pics:

Old 11-19-2001, 10:18 AM
Intermediate

streetracing is bad mmmm'k
Old 11-19-2001, 10:18 AM
Team Owner

MAN, that IS bad.
You can’t even recognize anything but the grill & wheel.

Shawn S
Old 11-19-2001, 10:25 AM
Banned

Just heard about this. Man this is even more terrible when it hits close to home!

They said the guys were 24, 28, 38, and a 21 year old girl in critical condition. Those were the passengers in the car.

FROM ABCNews:
<a
href="javascript:launchURL('http://abclocal.go.com/wls/features/111901_picture_crash1.html?DETECT=SWF.4000000', 'flashwindow', '350', '400')"><b>ABC7 Images</b></a>

November 19, 2001 — Three people were killed and another was injured in a crash early Monday on Chicago's West Side, state police said. There are reports the car may have been drag racing.

The crash occurred about 2:10 a.m. on Interstate 290, which is also known as the Eisenhower Expressway, said state police Trooper Michelle Tufenkjian. She said a 2001 Acura was westbound on the expressway when it ran up an embankment and struck a tree.
It was not immediately known how fast the car was traveling, Tufenkjian said, adding that light rain was falling at the time.

Two men, aged 24 and 30, were thrown from the front seat and were pronounced dead at the scene, Tufenkjian said. She said a 38-year-old man found in the back seat was dead on arrival at West Suburban Hospital in Oak Park.

A 21-year-old woman who also had been in the back seat was listed in critical condition at Loyola University Medical Center in Maywood, said spokeswoman Sandra Martinez.

The identities of the victims were not immediately released, pending notification of relatives, Tufenkjian said.
Old 11-19-2001, 10:30 AM
Nosferatu

What I want to know is HOW the girl survived?! I can't believe ANYONE could have survived that. I wonder how CRITICAL her condition is. I doubt she'll be anywhere near the same now. I could just imagine the extent of the injuries.
Old 11-19-2001, 10:37 AM
K L E A N

Wow

wow.. that's sad Hope they went to a better palce..
Old 11-19-2001, 10:51 AM
Old timer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, I was gonna say something about idiots not wearing seatbelts, but looking at that car it really wouldn't matter.

Fools either way though for racing in wet conditions.
Old 11-19-2001, 10:52 AM
hater

That's a CL-S. You can tell by the shape of the muffler tips and the amount of shit (dirt) on the mufflers themselves. I don't think any TL-Ss have been around long enough to get that dirty.

What a fucking asshole, driving like that on stock all-seasons...
Old 11-19-2001, 10:57 AM
Nosferatu

Originally posted by droideka

What a fucking asshole, driving like that on stock all-seasons...
OKay, not to be an ass myself, but that comment is just plain STUPID! he's only an asshole for driving like that on stock all-seasons? Oh so it would've been fine if he was on high-performance tires? IT WAS RAINING!! The type of tire DOESN'T matter! If your going near 100 (which I suspect he was seeing that car as mangled as it was, and I've seen plenty of wrecks unfortunately) on WET roads and are NOT a professional driver with multiple driving courses under your belt the TYPE of tire will NOT HELP ONE BIT! I can't believe you would say something like that. Yes, he was an asshole, but NOT only because he drove like that without the 'proper' equipment, but because he drove like that on a PUBLIC road. Driving like that belongs on the track. Yes, do I race? Of course! But only on dry pavement, keeping the speed to below 80 at all times! I've only hit 100 ONCE, opn the interstate, no cars around and with NO precipitation of any kind. Would I do it again? no! The cars aren't stable enough at that speed with the stock suspension.

BTW - Sorry, this isn't a personal attack on you, just an attack on the comment you made. Don't take it as a flame on you. Just reading that comment REALLY ticked me off.
Old 11-19-2001, 11:06 AM
STi

Chicago here, I just heard the news today to, I hope those people will be ok.
Old 11-19-2001, 11:06 AM
hater

Originally posted by Vampyre

OKay, not to be an ass myself, but that comment is just plain STUPID! he's only an asshole for driving like that on stock all-seasons? Oh so it would've been fine if he was on high-performance tires? IT WAS RAINING!! The type of tire DOESN'T matter! If your going near 100 (which I suspect he was seeing that car as mangled as it was, and I've seen plenty of wrecks unfortunately) on WET roads and are NOT a professional driver with multiple driving courses under your belt the TYPE of tire will NOT HELP ONE BIT! I can't believe you would say something like that. Yes, he was an asshole, but NOT only because he drove like that without the 'proper' equipment, but because he drove like that on a PUBLIC road. Driving like that belongs on the track. Yes, do I race? Of course! But only on dry pavement, keeping the speed to below 80 at all times! I've only hit 100 ONCE, opn the interstate, no cars around and with NO precipitation of any kind. Would I do it again? no! The cars aren't stable enough at that speed with the stock suspension.

BTW - Sorry, this isn't a personal attack on you, just an attack on the comment you made. Don't take it as a flame on you. Just reading that comment REALLY ticked me off.
Whoah!!! Hold on there, chief. I guess my sense of humor didn't go over too well. The guy *was* a fucking asshole regardless of whether he was in a CL-S or a McLaren F1, especially under those circumstances where the oil soaked roads are at their slickest.
Old 11-19-2001, 11:15 AM
Nosferatu

Originally posted by droideka

Whoah!!! Hold on there, chief. I guess my sense of humor didn't go over too well. The guy *was* a fucking asshole regardless of whether he was in a CL-S or a McLaren F1, especially under those circumstances where the oil soaked roads are at their slickest.
Like I said, my response was on the comment. I thought it sounded a little sarcastic, but wasn't sure.

Next time at least add a smilie of some sort to make sure it's not taken the wrong way from what you meant.

From what I said before, no harm meant with my response!
Old 11-19-2001, 11:16 AM
Powered By HONDA

sorry to hear that.and got to careful when driving on the street and never race on the streets...
Old 11-19-2001, 11:31 AM
hater

Originally posted by Vampyre

Like I said, my response was on the comment. I thought it sounded a little sarcastic, but wasn't sure.

Next time at least add a smilie of some sort to make sure it's not taken the wrong way from what you meant.

From what I said before, no harm meant with my response!
No harm, no foul. I guess it is kind of difficult for you to see me rolling my eyes when I was typing that...
Old 11-19-2001, 11:36 AM
Smack My B*tch Up

looking at the grill it looks like a CL.

my condolences goes out to them.

I dodged death saturday night 2am, when going about 60 northbound, and see a car driving 85+ gonoing southbond (worng way) on the same oneway freeway side.
Old 11-19-2001, 11:55 AM
Blue Devil

I'll probably get flamed for this but oh well.

I feel no remorse at all for the driver. He got/received what he deserved. Plan and simple ignorance/stupidity caused this!

The passengers however are another matter. I truely hope the girl pulls through and able to continue with her life. I'm praying the other two men are in a better place now. None of them deserved this, they didn't (hopefully) cause this. :'(

Have I raced....Yes.
Have I raced in rain.....Yes.
Was I an idiot for doing it..... HELL YES.

I wish more people would learn from things like this, I know I have. After a few near misses and seeing things like this I've changed my ways and keep my speed and impulses under control. It's been said many times and unfortunately it will probably be saids many times to come
Keep racing to the track!
Oh well, time to come down from the podium. Here's to hoping the girl can pull through.

Brenden
Old 11-19-2001, 11:58 AM
Team Owner

My feelings exactly Brenden.

Shawn S
Old 11-19-2001, 12:24 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I'm kinda happy I have my system now, it forces me to drive safe. If I crashed my ride not only would I have potentially hurt myself but also all the work street did in my car. Chances are he'd kill me for crashing it. Seriously though, my condolenses to everyone involved. We all make mistakes, some more serious than others.
Old 11-19-2001, 12:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
WHERE IS SPIRO!!!!!!!!!!

SHIT!!!!! GINASH YOU HAVE HIS NUMBER?!?!?!

KavexTrax: Spiro is fine. confirmed below
Old 11-19-2001, 12:48 PM
Nosferatu

I emailed him at least. Hopefully I hear something. I told him to get on here ASAP.
Old 11-19-2001, 12:54 PM
Who Needs a Type-S?

It's funny how everytime there is an accident, the messages degenerate into who can make the most "insightful" yet sarcastic comment. At least you two idiots are ALIVE to argue. Who the fuck cares whatever comments were made...does that change the fact that three people are dead. Let's try and keep our eyes on the ball shall we?

idiots....
Old 11-19-2001, 12:56 PM
Nosferatu

Originally posted by tuRb0mikEy
It's funny how everytime there is an accident, the messages degenerate into who can make the most "insightful" yet sarcastic comment. At least you two idiots are ALIVE to argue. Who the fuck cares whatever comments were made...does that change the fact that three people are dead. Let's try and keep our eyes on the ball shall we?

idiots....
Which two are referring too?
Old 11-19-2001, 01:03 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Crazy AcurA
WHERE IS SPIRO!!!!!!!!!!

SHIT!!!!! GINASH YOU HAVE HIS NUMBER?!?!?!

What does Spiro have to do with this? Don't tell me that's his car...
Old 11-19-2001, 01:04 PM
Nosferatu

Nope, he's fine. He jsut posted in the other threas about this.
Old 11-19-2001, 01:39 PM
w.t.f., mate?

OMFG!!!!!!!!

those pics scared the shit out of me!!!!!
Old 11-19-2001, 01:53 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally posted by Shawn S
My feelings exactly Brenden.

Shawn S
listen guys... IM NO ONE TO TALK MAYBE...BUT WE'VE ALL DONE SOMETHING STUPID... WE'RE ALL AT DIFFERENT STAGES IN OUR LIVES, AND MAYBE HAVE THE BENEFIT OF HINe SITE...SOMETHING STUPID DOES NOT DESERVE DEATH... NOT TO THE DRIVER... NOT TO THE PASSENGERS... NOT TO INNOCENT BYSTANDERS...PERIOD ...RACING IN THE RAIN STUPID... YES...DEATH NO...

MODERATORS...COULD YOU EDIT THE OTHER POST SO THAT THE FIRST POST MAYBE SAYS ITS NOT SPRIHO i had to read pats 10 or more posts with my heart sinking untill i found out it want him...
Old 11-19-2001, 02:00 PM
Buckle Up

Does anyone have a link to the news site that posted this. A video link or anything? I want to hear the story.

RIP for the people involved.
Old 11-19-2001, 02:22 PM
Team Owner

To clarify my previous “agreement” post, this is the part of the (WI CLTypeS) statement that I was agreeing with.

Have I raced....Yes.
Have I raced in rain.....Yes.
Was I an idiot for doing it..... HELL YES.

I wish more people would learn from things like this, I know I have. After a few near misses and seeing things like this I've changed my ways and keep my speed and impulses under control.
As for the part about:
I feel no remorse at all for the driver. He got/received what he deserved
I must admit THAT was a bit harsh.

Shawn S
Old 11-19-2001, 02:30 PM
Nosferatu

Originally posted by monkeymato
Does anyone have a link to the news site that posted this. A video link or anything? I want to hear the story.

RIP for the people involved.
Sorry, I haven't been able to find a video link anywhere regarding this story. Just the written stories with the pictures posted earlier. Sorry
Old 11-19-2001, 04:44 PM
id
g

chicago here. those pictures are truly frightening...you can barely tell that it's a car. bad times...bad times....
Old 11-19-2001, 04:56 PM
3rd Gear

Well this proves once again. RACING IS BAD!
Old 11-19-2001, 04:56 PM
Blue Devil

Originally posted by Shawn S
To clarify my previous “agreement” post, this is the part of the (WI CLTypeS) statement that I was agreeing with.

As for the part about:

I must admit THAT was a bit harsh.

Shawn S
Maybe that bit first bit was a little harsh. Speaking from frustration and biased opinion here from dealing with some people up here. I know quite a few younger kids that think they are invincible and that no matter what happens it will never be there fault.

Oh well, they'll learn some day. Hopefully it will from a nonaccident/nondeath wake up call.
Old 11-19-2001, 05:20 PM
Drifting

Kinda like a word to the wise, the wise don't need the word and the unwise don't get it.
Old 11-19-2001, 06:53 PM
Suzuka Master

R.I.P
Old 11-19-2001, 07:04 PM
Race Director

RIP for those killed, hope the survivor pulls thru.

Perhaps someone could post the names when released (if relevant).
Old 11-19-2001, 07:06 PM
Down The Of System

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My best wishes to the families of those involved.....
Old 11-19-2001, 07:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 719 Likes on 201 Posts
damn......thats crazy! I just have this terribble feeling that it's someone from this forum...based on the age of the driver...I'm thinking he has access to the Internet, and maybe this forum. I've been away for some time and I see this... sux.

ginash

Quick Reply: 3 die in Chicago in CL-S!!!!