3.2 CL S v.s. Altima SE-R

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 08:23 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3.2 CL S v.s. Altima SE-R

I'm already late for work and doing a nice 80mph when this Altima came STRAIGHT UP on my bumper like he was trying to read the label on the collar of my dress shirt. I gun it a little as I lane change to the left and this dude flies by me like he's out of his mind - he's immediately already 6 car lengths ahead of me. Okay, I drop it in 3rd to catch up (mind you this is peak morning rush hour traffic) but there are too many cars between me and him to make a serious gain.

We hit another thicket of cars and he's forced to slow down. I catch up to him and sit on his bumper. He sees an opening and guns it again like he's being chased by 10 state troopers. I'm right behind him by about 3 car lengths, zig zagging through traffic, but I'm not going to be just as reckless as he is and risk fucking up my car to whip his ass like I would have in my younger years of racing.

There was just no way that I could get a good shot at this dude - He's going through cars and going out on the emergency lane - having to cross through the beginning of an exit ramp - trying to get enough of a jump to give him the illusion he was kicking my ass. I had one last shot to get his ass before my exit but I was blocked in by cars all around me long enough for this fool to get 5 bus lengths ahead of me before I could break free. I held 3rd until I was at 7000rpm before I upshifted but By that time he was too far for me to catch up before my exit. As I made my exit I could see him break heavily, which tells me the punk was out just for me to begin with. I'm going to assume this dude didn't have any mods, so I made a comparison between my 02' CL S and the top of the line Nissan Altima SE-R and I found the Altima only has 19 more torque, which means if it had been a true one-on-one all the way to top speed without this fool gaining bus lengths while I was blocked by slower cars we would have been fairly close.

See, what pisses me off is people that race like that only race if they know they're racing a superior car i.e. using fist fulls of rush hour traffic to aid in their getaway. I only did shit like that when I was just acting the fool in my CL 2.2 and messing with cars like M3's and Porsches but there's no need to do that punk-ass-coward move with a car that's fairly even with you in specs. Apparently, this dude's ego was so fragile he needed as much of an edge to stay ahead.