200k on One Transmission!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 04:19 AM
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
You should tell Acura how long your tranny has held up and ask if its the highest they have seen.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:24 AM
o1s
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
i'm sure that there are other transmissions that have made it much higher than mine.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:12 PM
dont be mad

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by YeuEmMaiMai
I don't know what is more retarded

1. person who abbreviates dlr for dealer

or

2. person complaining about another person abbreviating the word dealer...

my original trans went 71K and my second one is at 14K and is all messed up. getting the dealer to do anything about it is a pita......
its not just that he abbreviates dealer, its the fact thats all he talks about, in every post, in every thread, even ones not his own such as this one "my tranny my dlr dlr i worked at dlr dlr dlr dlr dlr dlr" like shut up already.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:52 PM
B A N N E D

Location: The grande.. Riverdale NJ.. Hopefully moving to skyline village in Lincoln park NJ..yes dirty jersey
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
where are cars bought ? At a dlr! Where are cars fixed ? At a dlr! This is a forum about cars and I can't say dlr? Who the hell r u ?
What do u contribute to this board other then bitchin at people? Does your life suck so bad that you have to try and put people Down for abrivating words or talking about diff dealers? Dude get a life!
I'm sorry you where picked on and if it makes you feel better to fake your frustrations out on me then go ahead !! I love to help!
Old 08-24-2009, 06:46 PM
dont be mad

Originally Posted by StonedCL
where are cars bought ? At a dlr! Where are cars fixed ? At a dlr! This is a forum about cars and I can't say dlr? Who the hell r u ?
What do u contribute to this board other then bitchin at people? Does your life suck so bad that you have to try and put people Down for abrivating words or talking about diff dealers? Dude get a life!
I'm sorry you where picked on and if it makes you feel better to fake your frustrations out on me then go ahead !! I love to help!
hahahaha i hope your transmission blows up hahaha
Old 08-24-2009, 06:57 PM
Safety Car

Received 214 Likes on 143 Posts
IMO there has to be more to it than "the factory makes some good ones some bad ones" but I don't know what to think...

by the way to all you people with trans that have lasted around 100k or more, how often do you guys put it in sportshift? I was told (on this forum, I believe) that sportshift is a bit more strenuous on your transmission than just normal D4 or D5.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:45 PM
B A N N E D

Location: The grande.. Riverdale NJ.. Hopefully moving to skyline village in Lincoln park NJ..yes dirty jersey
Originally Posted by TypeStylinOnU
hahahaha i hope your transmission blows up hahaha
I hope it does also cuz I got 2 years 11 months and 35,500 miles left on the warrenty.. I am keeping it for now cuz I just bought my first condo so money is tied up but when everything starts going again I am gonna get rid of this POS cuz its a ricers dream now and alot of immature people picked up this cheap POS cuz the resale fell soo low cuz the crappy transes..
Its funny cuz when I bought this car new and joined the forum way b4 it was acurazine , i think it was 260hp.com at first i hung out with the people went to all the meets (both PAA BBQ's) the meet at the airforce base in the bronx cuz back when the car was new and the people that owned it where mature profesionals they didnt care if a typed DLR or got on people cases for posting something 2 or 3X they where cool and I was the Immature PUNK. Now that most people graduated from there civics to Cl's (cuz the resale value sux cuz the tranny) this forum is flocking with immature prickes that like to bash otheres for all there "short" cummings but like I said that fine..
Keep bashing m cuz i write DLR or becuz i am pissed cuz i payed 30K for a car that cant keep a tranny past 50K miles. It does not bother me and makes you feel better about yourself, so have fun..
I bought the car at a DLR, serviced it at a DLR and my shitty trans gave out 3 times so there u go..Have fun!!
Old 08-24-2009, 07:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 708 Likes on 550 Posts
Originally Posted by Rapture
I was told (on this forum, I believe) that sportshift is a bit more strenuous on your transmission than just normal D4 or D5.
Depending how you use it, may or may not be. Anyway, people who rarely used SS got transmission problems, so does not seem to be relevant.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:28 PM
o1s
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
i use ss in town all of the time. i prefer the car to be in second or third when the speed limits are around 25-35 mph.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:19 PM
dont be mad

I hope it does also cuz I got 2 years 11 months and 35,500 miles left on the warrenty.. I am keeping it for now cuz I just bought my first condo so money is tied up but when everything starts going again I am gonna get rid of this POS cuz its a ricers dream now and alot of immature people picked up this cheap POS cuz the resale fell soo low cuz the crappy transes..
Its funny cuz when I bought this car new and joined the forum way b4 it was acurazine , i think it was 260hp.com at first i hung out with the people went to all the meets (both PAA BBQ's) the meet at the airforce base in the bronx cuz back when the car was new and the people that owned it where mature profesionals they didnt care if a typed DLR or got on people cases for posting something 2 or 3X they where cool and I was the Immature PUNK. Now that most people graduated from there civics to Cl's (cuz the resale value sux cuz the tranny) this forum is flocking with immature prickes that like to bash otheres for all there "short" cummings but like I said that fine..
Keep bashing m cuz i write DLR or becuz i am pissed cuz i payed 30K for a car that cant keep a tranny past 50K miles. It does not bother me and makes you feel better about yourself, so have fun..
I bought the car at a DLR, serviced it at a DLR and my shitty trans gave out 3 times so there u go..Have fun!!
Old 08-25-2009, 12:00 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by TypeStylinOnU
Yes I am soo mad...LOL

I am a little upset on what this country is comming to and I am a little mad on how kids are brought up these days with no respect for anyone or anything. If you payed for your own things you would respect them more but kids now adays have everything handed to them so they have no respect for anything. When I was brought up I was brought up to respect my elders and I was thought that I have to show respect to earn respect but the younger generation just was not brought up the correct way and have no respect for people or objects. Half these kids think they are "down" but prob never seen the projects or hung out in the "getto"..
Old 08-25-2009, 02:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Yes I am soo mad...LOL

I am a little upset on what this country is comming to and I am a little mad on how kids are brought up these days with no respect for anyone or anything. If you payed for your own things you would respect them more but kids now adays have everything handed to them so they have no respect for anything. When I was brought up I was brought up to respect my elders and I was thought that I have to show respect to earn respect but the younger generation just was not brought up the correct way and have no respect for people or objects. Half these kids think they are "down" but prob never seen the projects or hung out in the "getto"..
Knock it off. All of you. If you want to piss in each others cheerios any more DO IT WITH A PM and quit ruining threads.

Last edited by fsttyms1; 08-25-2009 at 02:50 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:59 PM
Banned

Nooo don't get rid of it! You are like the Grandfather on this site, you've been here forever! Just do a 6-Speed Mt swap!!! It's worth it trust me.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:32 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by Jacobpockros
Nooo don't get rid of it! You are like the Grandfather on this site, you've been here forever! Just do a 6-Speed Mt swap!!! It's worth it trust me.
Yeah I keep posting the same thing cuz that dam weed ruined my braincells and the altizmers is kicking in!!LOL!!

I was considering doing a 6 speed , but .. I searched the junk yards around me and could not find and 6 speeds also searched all junk yards using car-parts.com and found a couple but none in this area.. I wish i could have done that BUT... I allready had this car going on 10 years and was gonna sell it last year but decided to buy a house cuz the market for homes was great so I just decided to redo the whole suspention and fell in love with the car again cuz springs/shocks/sblinks/and RSB make a huge difference then i got someheaders underdrive pulley and fell back in love w/it but then my 3rd tranny went and really done have time to be w/o a car for 2-3 weeks so found a rebuilder that gave me 3/36 warrenty and did some up upgrades to the tranny so i decide to keep her till my tranny warrenty wears out and sell her at 200K miles.. Hopefully i can re-coupe my $3000 i paid for the tranny when i sell it in 30K miles 2.5 years!~
Old 08-25-2009, 05:31 PM
Banned

Yeah I keep posting the same thing cuz that dam weed ruined my braincells and the altizmers is kicking in!!LOL!!

I was considering doing a 6 speed , but .. I searched the junk yards around me and could not find and 6 speeds also searched all junk yards using car-parts.com and found a couple but none in this area.. I wish i could have done that BUT... I allready had this car going on 10 years and was gonna sell it last year but decided to buy a house cuz the market for homes was great so I just decided to redo the whole suspention and fell in love with the car again cuz springs/shocks/sblinks/and RSB make a huge difference then i got someheaders underdrive pulley and fell back in love w/it but then my 3rd tranny went and really done have time to be w/o a car for 2-3 weeks so found a rebuilder that gave me 3/36 warrenty and did some up upgrades to the tranny so i decide to keep her till my tranny warrenty wears out and sell her at 200K miles.. Hopefully i can re-coupe my $3000 i paid for the tranny when i sell it in 30K miles 2.5 years!~
Too bad you don't live in San Diego, you could have got all the parts you needed from my other 6-Speed that i totaled! haha
Old 08-25-2009, 05:51 PM
B A N N E D

Too bad you don't live in San Diego, you could have got all the parts you needed from my other 6-Speed that i totaled! haha
Dude aren't you the guy/kid that posted "how do i disable my rev limiter cuz 147 mph is not fast enough for me" ??
I think I do remember reading a post by u wanting to disable the rev limiter and now u are telling me u totaled a 6 speed CL?
Take it easy I know its fun now but after a few tickets and your car insurance jumps through the roof then u will not be to happy when your parents kick u off there insurance and u realize that insurance is more then your car payment..
Speeding tickets screwed me over just last month I went for a job interview at Infinity and they said I pretty much had the job but called me a week later saying they could not higher me cuz my points on my licence 5-6 years ago..What BS!!!

So just be safe!
Thansk for the offer but san diego is a hike 4 me!!
Old 08-26-2009, 03:11 AM
Banned

Dude aren't you the guy/kid that posted "how do i disable my rev limiter cuz 147 mph is not fast enough for me" ??
I think I do remember reading a post by u wanting to disable the rev limiter and now u are telling me u totaled a 6 speed CL?
Take it easy I know its fun now but after a few tickets and your car insurance jumps through the roof then u will not be to happy when your parents kick u off there insurance and u realize that insurance is more then your car payment..
Speeding tickets screwed me over just last month I went for a job interview at Infinity and they said I pretty much had the job but called me a week later saying they could not higher me cuz my points on my licence 5-6 years ago..What BS!!!

So just be safe!
Thansk for the offer but san diego is a hike 4 me!!
Dont worry i learned the first time, i drive my new 6-speed like its an old person's car haha. I will only race if theres an opportunity but thats it now days.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:12 AM
Banned

Dont worry i learned the first time, i drive my new 6-speed like its an old person's car haha. I will only race if theres an opportunity but thats it now days.
And yes my insurence is terrible now