2001 Acura Cl Type S

Search this Thread

Old Today, 04:05 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 Acura Cl Type S

So, I own a 2001 Acura cl type s. It had transmission problems, such as it wouldn't move in D5 until you got to about 6000 rpm. I looked online, found a transmission and called a registered Acura mechanic to verify some questions I had. He informed me that an Acura cl type s uses the GBFA (sorry if im worng) transmission and the B7WA I had ordered wouldn't work and it would cause issues. I'm 24 and personally have never swapped a transmission before, so about a week of blood, sweat, tears and curse words, the B7WA was bolted up and she was road ready. It's been about a year since then and she's still going strong. 230k on the motor and less than 75k on transmission. Is there any recommendations for upgrades and does the b7wa have the same issue with the gears overheating like on the GBFA? If so, could anyone give me a dumb@ss explanation of how to run an intercooler 😂😂 figured it'll save $1000 for the transmission. Any feedback is appreciated. I'm new to this site and hope I ain't violating anything lmao.