10,000 Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 05:08 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 10,000 Questions...

So summer is almost here which means I'm going to start making money and start getting some stuff for the CL ...but I have a few questions, well a lot of questions I guess...o ya I have an 01 CLS

So first I think I wanna tint...
1.How much for a really good all around job (I'm thinking 20%)
2.I have 2 tickets...1 more moving violation and my licence is gone till I'm 18, I don't speed anymore but is getting pulled over for tint a "moving violation"?
3.Can you get ticketed if your car is just parked somewhere?

Headers and Icebox?
1.I'm thinking of getting either Megan headers or OBX off ebay (plan to pay 200-300) any recomendations for looking at other stuff? how much for a good install?
2.I dont beleive this voids any warentees but i figured I'd ask anyway...does it?/should i worry about my tranny any more? (80k and just got it replaced at 75)
3.What kind of difference in sound is this going to give me w/stock exaust, I know I've heard intakes on cars but I've never really heard a before and after so...what are the differences...

I also kindof want to get Led lights for the back of the speedometer and audio controls and stuff, found a good site for it and i think i can do it myself but...
1.Anyone who's done this rate it on a scale of 1-10 for difficulty of install
2.If i get lazy do you think i could take it to an electronics shop to install?...How much?

I'm sure I'll think of more stuff I forgot to ask but for now this is it...Thanks
Old 05-18-2006, 06:11 PM
White as night.

I'll answer some in no particular order:

Don't pay over 180 for tint.

No, you can't get a tint ticket while parked (I might be wrong on this one, but I doubt it)

No, the icebox/headers do not void the warranty.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:23 PM
*East Bay Representative*

I got a ticket for tint once, while my car was parked on the street in front of my friend's apartment complex...
Old 05-18-2006, 11:11 PM
10th Gear

TINT: Cops can give you tickets for really whatever they feel is unsafe. Really though you can tint rear and back windows as dark as you want, but the front driver side and passenger are not suppose to be touched; however you can do 35% and unless the cop is a dick have nothing said 20% there is a little more chance something might be said really all depends on how anal the cops in your area are.

Performance: There are different types of laws that protect your warranty. I believe it is unless a dealer can prove that the mod you added caused the malfunction your warranty still stands. I don't have headers yet, but the comptec icebox is nice.

LEDS: My one friend put leds in his eclipse, but somehow blew a circuit or fuse in the process and ended up just taking it to a shop to have done anyways.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:20 AM
o1s
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
if you have no license, you should do the take the bus mod first. you don't have a license for a reason.
Old 05-19-2006, 02:22 AM
MP90 uninstalled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
TINT;

1. I got my car tinted for 140 cash 20% all around. I have a black '03 cls 6mt and love the tint. make sure whoever you have tint the car uses a single piece on the back window. he will heat shrink it if he knows what he is doing. dont let anyone do it any other way!

2. in louisiana and everyother state I know of a seatbelt and/or a tint violation is a non-moving violation. noone screws with me anyway. I am not worried about it. only my fronts are one shade to dark. i pass cops all the time on the road and never get a second look. that is not to say I will get a ticket one day.

3. I have never heard of someone getting a window tint ticket while parked but I bet you can get one in some of the other crazy states.

Header and Icebox;

1. get the Stone/XS power header off ebay for 165 shipped. comptech if you have 1000 sitting around. you will be happy. I just bought it and like it. do a search and you will see the discusion for the ebay header.

2. it is the responsibility of the dealer to prove the part you put on cause the problem if they cant they have to pay. they cant say we think it caused it, they have to prove it caused it. that is the law.

3. as far as I know the sound is deeper. a little louder, better from what I have heard. again do a search and you will find audio and video clip in other threads.

LED LIGHTS;
if you are not a pro installer or you do not know exacly what you are doing, you are opening a can of worms by trying to do this. I highly recomend you steer clear of this. once agin DO A SEARCH, that is why it is there. someone else has done this before. I saw it about two years ago. I think they went to blue. there were pics but i am shure they have timed out.

jim
Old 05-20-2006, 12:40 PM
10th Gear

LEDS yea it freaking took me a week for installing the freaking leds but that was cuzz it was my first time on a scale its a 7 and installation time is about an hour or two i have baby blue leds so it looks terrific better then the stock ones
Old 05-21-2006, 11:33 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by o1s
if you have no license, you should do the take the bus mod first. you don't have a license for a reason.
I have my licence now, ive had it since december but it was gone from september until before then

thanks for the responce guys
Old 05-22-2006, 12:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Corrosion
I'll answer some in no particular order:

Don't pay over 180 for tint.

No, you can't get a tint ticket while parked (I might be wrong on this one, but I doubt it)

No, the icebox/headers do not void the warranty.
acutally it depends on the dealer, sometimes they blame things for mods
Old 05-22-2006, 12:35 AM
o1s
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
dealers must prove that the mod is what broke a part. if not, lawsuits will own them.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:04 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AegeanCl
TINT: Cops can give you tickets for really whatever they feel is unsafe. Really though you can tint rear and back windows as dark as you want, but the front driver side and passenger are not suppose to be touched; however you can do 35% and unless the cop is a dick have nothing said 20% there is a little more chance something might be said really all depends on how anal the cops in your area are.

Performance: There are different types of laws that protect your warranty. I believe it is unless a dealer can prove that the mod you added caused the malfunction your warranty still stands. I don't have headers yet, but the comptec icebox is nice.

LEDS: My one friend put leds in his eclipse, but somehow blew a circuit or fuse in the process and ended up just taking it to a shop to have done anyways.
tint is different in every state, check local laws, there are a couple states w/ no laws at all and there are some that say you can't have any tint...but you're correct in saying it depends on the cop
Old 05-25-2006, 03:37 PM
Advanced

ya i checked and ohio is 50% ....but I'm definatly going darker if it's not a moving violation, i'm going to check with the shop sometime next week
Old 05-25-2006, 04:01 PM
MP90 uninstalled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
they guy who did mine here said that if i get pulled over for it, offer the cop to let you rip off the tint in exchange for no ticket. My guy said that if that happens just to come back to the shop and he would redo the car for $20 more dollars.
Old 05-25-2006, 06:17 PM
Advanced

ya that sounds like a good idea, i'll ask about that, thanks