'03 Accord

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2001, 07:05 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 Accord

I don't know if this was posted already...

"Headlights of the new Accord will be thinner and it will give sharp image to the model. The low-beam light on the outside will act as projector light and there will be a small light between the low-beam and the high-beam light on the inside.

Front grill is pentagonal shape which is the trend of recent Honda cars.

Rear combination lights are wide and narrow with a built-in round light.

There will be four grades and three types of engine for the model. " Euro 2000" is the basic grade which is equipped with 2.0 liter i-VTEC engine capable of 155ps. There will be 4WD version for the grade

"Euro 200S" is the sports grade equipped with K20A unit, which is also equipped on the Integra Type R, and is capable of 220ps. It will have 6-speed manual transmission and its suspensions will be specially tuned for high-speed driving. Its tire size will be 215/45R17.

"Euro 240", the upper grade, will be equipped with a newly developed 2.4 liter engine. The engine will be matched with 5-speed automatic transmission and 17-inch wheel will be fitted.

"Euro 240L" is the top grade model and it will be standard equipped with VGS (Variable Gear ratio Steering).

Two top grades will be fitted with curtain shield airbags for the first time for the Honda models."

6-speed manny and 4wd for the Accord? Wonder what's going to happen to the future CL...
Old 12-25-2001, 07:46 PM
aka davo-tsx

The European Accord has always looked different and carried different engines than the "American" Accord.
Old 12-25-2001, 08:54 PM
is Pretty Much a Moron

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The American Accord is a pussymobile. It sucks ass compared to that Euro-R or whatever Accord.
Old 12-25-2001, 09:46 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
European Accords look sweet, while American Accords look so so.....They better not make it crazier than the CL or i am gonna be pissed. heh

-briancl
Old 12-25-2001, 10:55 PM
In Da LBC with Snoop Dogg

Upgraded Accord?

Well I'll tell you this,

If they screw around and upgrade the Accord - a family commutermobile to a higher standard than the CL line, then I will go and buy myself a damn Nissan Maxima or something. Look what they done with the RL, a good TL and CL has more power than they do and sells for less. I do not want my car to be outdone by an Accord. I am waiting patiently for Acura to sell the CL-S with a 6spd tranny so I can purchase one, but if they dick around, my loot and customer loyalty with jump ship quicker than a DC public school grad can spell CAT!!!!!

Don't piss us off Honda/Acura!!!!!!!!
Old 12-25-2001, 11:03 PM
Suzuka Master

r u gonna daily drive around on those slicks...BTW making fun on the DC schools is a no no.
Old 12-25-2001, 11:42 PM
I love my G sedan

Is Honda still going with the "one chassis, three body" plan with the 7th gen Accord?
Old 12-26-2001, 10:19 AM
Burning Brakes

The euro Accord and American Accord have two different missions. Expectations of the European market are way different than ours. The roads are older and smaller, taxes are computed based on engine size, manual transmissions are predominant because the engines are smaller, and high-speed capability is a requirement in a lot of countries. In the U.S., the Accord is designed to take little Biff and Ashley to soccer practice safely and with as little drama as possible. The Accord's competition is the Camry (zzzzzzzz), not the WR-X. It would be foolish if Honda designed the U.S. model for the 1% of purchasers who try to mod it in to something it's not and was never intended to be. Bringing the euro Accord as is to the U.S. would be a sales disaster for Honda. Offering a hotter version (ala the Nissan Altima 3.5) could help them pick-up a few thousand extra sales for the small number of people that want a family/performance car – but Honda does try to position Acura as it’s performance/engineering brand. Look at the Civic Si they’re bringing to the U.S. – it’s had it’s balls cut off so as not to compete with RSX. If Acura didn't exist, I'm sure the U.S. Honda line-up would look a lot different.
Old 12-27-2001, 03:33 PM
In Da LBC with Snoop Dogg

KC......

As long as the big booty biatch is with me while
I got my slicks, then I am not worried. Hey, Pimpin' ain't easy!

As far as the DC public School joke - who said I was joking? Those guys are fools!! Most can't do basic fundamental 7th grade things. Broken English that crazy glue can't fix, Mathematical skills reminiscent of a cross eyed 3rd grader who stutters. I am embarassed to say I actually attended the schools in DC. Too bad I got smart and ran to VA for my diploma, would have never gotten into an acceptable University foolin' with them idiots.

Please don't tell me you are a victim, Oh I mean a product of that environment?????
Old 12-27-2001, 04:33 PM
is Pretty Much a Moron

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Re: KC......

Originally posted by dajuice27
As long as the big booty biatch is with me while
I got my slicks, then I am not worried. Hey, Pimpin' ain't easy!

As far as the DC public School joke - who said I was joking? Those guys are fools!! Most can't do basic fundamental 7th grade things. Broken English that crazy glue can't fix, Mathematical skills reminiscent of a cross eyed 3rd grader who stutters. I am embarassed to say I actually attended the schools in DC. Too bad I got smart and ran to VA for my diploma, would have never gotten into an acceptable University foolin' with them idiots.

Please don't tell me you are a victim, Oh I mean a product of that environment?????
LOL