Will the 6MT Aspec kit fit on a 5AT?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005 | 04:17 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Will the 6MT Aspec kit fit on a 5AT?

Does anyone know if an Aspec kit for the 6MT will fit on a 5AT.

I'm going to be buying the aspec suspension from one of the members on the forum and I was wondering if the 6MT kit, will fit on the 5AT.

As far as I know the spring rates are a little different, but I'm wondering if the mounting hardware is identical otherwise.

I've heard others say that when they got their aspec kits, the front was actually higher than the rear. I'm hoping that by getting the 6MT version of the aspec kit that since my 5AT is a little heavier, then it will actually sit a little lower in the front, then it would on the regular 5AT aspec kit. What do you guys think about trying this setup?
Old 06-26-2005 | 04:25 PM
Hondaholic

Originally Posted by Tsx536
Does anyone know if an Aspec kit for the 6MT will fit on a 5AT.

I'm going to be buying the aspec suspension from one of the members on the forum and I was wondering if the 6MT kit, will fit on the 5AT.

As far as I know the spring rates are a little different, but I'm wondering if the mounting hardware is identical otherwise.

I've heard others say that when they got their aspec kits, the front was actually higher than the rear. I'm hoping that by getting the 6MT version of the aspec kit that since my 5AT is a little heavier, then it will actually sit a little lower in the front, then it would on the regular 5AT aspec kit. What do you guys think about trying this setup?
It will definitely bolt up.

And I agree with your theory 100%-it should sit a bit lower than a 5AT kit would.....

You'll still have more gap in front then the back, because it should still be pretty much an even drop, unlike a lot of the aftermarket options that drop the front a little more than the rear...