AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   1G TSX Tires, Wheels, & Suspension (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-tsx-tires-wheels-suspension-130/)
-   -   Toyo Proxes 4 OR Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-tsx-tires-wheels-suspension-130/toyo-proxes-4-goodyear-eagle-f1-s-678058/)

amadeus303 04-13-2008 06:56 PM

Toyo Proxes 4 OR Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S

So I'm looking to replace my UHP A/S Falken Ziex 512s on my summer/warm weather setup, and have narrowed it down to these 2 tires... but I'm torn.

FWIW, I can get the Toyos for about ~$20 less per tire, but I've read such great reviews on the Eagles that I'm really "intrigued". Tread life appears to be substantially better than the Toyos, and the Eagles had the best performance results out of the 4 UHP tires tested on Tire Rack (which inlcluded Pirelli P-Zero Neros, Bridgestone Pole Positions, and Michelin Pilot Sports)... particularly in wet slalom.

PhiDelt 04-13-2008 06:57 PM

Why not the Falken 452's? I use the 512's and love them, and when they are done, i was looking at getting the 452's, which are even more sticky and handle better.

jumpmanbsktbll 04-13-2008 07:11 PM

toyos...just got em, love em

crazybaboon6000 04-13-2008 07:48 PM

ive got the toyo proxes 4. They are great tires for dry driving conditions, but when it rains, i hydroplane all over the place (could be because my car is so low). The performance of these tires is unmatched, and once you get them warmed up, they are very sticky. The only tire id consider other than the proxes are the Nitto nt01's.

jumpmanbsktbll 04-13-2008 07:56 PM

ive had no problems with mine..and its rained quite a bit since i got them

amadeus303 04-14-2008 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by PhiDelt
Why not the Falken 452's? I use the 512's and love them, and when they are done, i was looking at getting the 452's, which are even more sticky and handle better.

I tend to run my "summer wheels" from April until the end of November... I'm just worried that if I run a true summer tire in cooler/colder weather, it won't function very well b/c of the compound. I see you're in Canada... any problems running the 452?

PhiDelt 04-16-2008 11:28 AM

Just had a little snow and colder weather, and had no problems at all, just gotta be a little more carefull. If there was alot of snow, i wouldn't be driving with them (i would switch to my Mazda 6 GT with all seasons on still ) .

HI OFECR 04-16-2008 01:03 PM

Toyo's just got mine too also love them .

amadeus303 04-16-2008 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by PhiDelt
Just had a little snow and colder weather, and had no problems at all, just gotta be a little more carefull. If there was alot of snow, i wouldn't be driving with them (i would switch to my Mazda 6 GT with all seasons on still ) .

^^^Which tire, lol? :tomato:

I won't be using the tires in any snow since I have OEM TLs w/ Michelin Alpins for the white stuff... but I may still have my "summer" shoes on in some relatively colder weather (30's) in the early spring or late fall.

Btw... I used to have a 6 too --- really liked the car although it felt a tad nose heavy. The brake feel and force were so much better than my TSX and Accord V6 though...