Tire Advice...

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006 | 10:12 AM
Three Wheelin'

Tire Advice...

Hey guys,

Ok, real quick here is my current status. I am running on Edge 17" Chrome wheels with Yokohama AS430's tires which came with the car when I got in back in June. The tires were put on between 31,000 & 32,000 miles and I now have 38,200 miles. I rotated them at 37,000 miles, aka every 5,000 ish. I originally thought that the AS430's that came with the car were summer only tires that my uncle had put on the car while it was in Florida but found out that they are considered all seasons, hence the AS in the name (duh for me...lol)

Anyway, what I guess I am looking to do is, do you think I should keep the AS430's for summer and some of spring and fall and get different/better all seasons for the winter weather, or switch the current tires to my stock wheels for the winter and buy better summer tires? I just am not familiar with the performance of the AS430 and can't find it on tiretrack and don't even know how much they cost or how they compare to say the ES100's or the V4S''s.

Any advice and opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 10-06-2006 | 02:37 PM
Three Wheelin'

25 views and no one has anything to say to try and help me out here?? I tried the search but there isn't much on those tires so i am just looking for anyone that has some helpful info as to should i get all season's and keep those as my summer, or get summer tires and keep those as my all season!
Old 10-06-2006 | 02:45 PM
Team Owner

I don't know anything about those tires. Be patient, a lot of people don't check the board till evening time.
Old 10-07-2006 | 11:19 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by jlukja
I don't know anything about those tires. Be patient, a lot of people don't check the board till evening time.
I guess a lot of people don't know much about them...lol. Well if anyone has any suggestions please let me know. I just need to figure out if i'm keeping them for all seasons to buy summer's or visa versa soon.
Old 10-07-2006 | 01:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by jwood_04TSX
I guess a lot of people don't know much about them...lol. Well if anyone has any suggestions please let me know. I just need to figure out if i'm keeping them for all seasons to buy summer's or visa versa soon.
Do you like the current chrome wheels? If yes, then go by a set of steelies and mount those all season tires on them and use them for winter. Next, go buy a set of summer tires and mount them on the chrome wheels.

If you don't care for the chrome wheels that much, then just use the current wheel/tire set for winter. Then go buy a set of new wheels with summer tires.
Old 10-07-2006 | 04:21 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by JTso
Do you like the current chrome wheels? If yes, then go by a set of steelies and mount those all season tires on them and use them for winter. Next, go buy a set of summer tires and mount them on the chrome wheels.

If you don't care for the chrome wheels that much, then just use the current wheel/tire set for winter. Then go buy a set of new wheels with summer tires.
I actually do like the chrome wheels! I just picked up the orginally wheels from the warehouse were my uncle had them shipped to and they are in good shape actually. I think and i going to do just what you said and put the current AS430's on my stockers and get ES100's for summer for the chrome ones. I was just seraching the internet for reviews and info on the AS430's and you can only get them at local dealers and certain distributers and found like nothing. I did see that they are more expensive than the V4S's whatever that means. But thanks for the opinion JTso!