Tein SS Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 05:41 PM
Can we say TSeX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tein SS Suspension

I know this may be the noobest question in the history of Acurazine threads but I had just installed my Tein SS suspension and I was wonding if I could get some info on what changes I need to make in my driving habits due to my change in suspension. Also if there is any information about these srings that I should be aware of. and lastly what dampening level did others with Teins set thier coilovers at ?
Old 07-18-2005, 05:25 PM
Guinea Pig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
my ss are set at 13 clicks from the tightest
Old 07-21-2005, 10:17 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
Originally Posted by Shady_TSX
I know this may be the noobest question in the history of Acurazine threads but I had just installed my Tein SS suspension and I was wonding if I could get some info on what changes I need to make in my driving habits due to my change in suspension. Also if there is any information about these srings that I should be aware of. and lastly what dampening level did others with Teins set thier coilovers at ?

Well, in terms of performance driving, you should not necessarily change unless you are doing something wrong....going to the track with an instructer will reveal any general bad driving habits you have.

In terms of driving every day, you will want to look ahead. Don't run over stuff, especially bumps or dips, unless you have to. Slow down going over speed bumps. Generally, going over dips and bumps at an angle will make transversing them easier.

Beware of steep driveways too.

Of course, this all depends on how low your car is. If it is not that low, you don't need to worry about any of this too much.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:05 PM
Can we say TSeX

Thanks HeelToe ..... Yea I'm starting to get use to the driving. Is there more body roll when the damper is set to the softest when compared to the firmest ?? I love the coilovers. The difference in handling is amazing. The RSB did a little and I thought that was good then the coilovers just finished the job.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:48 PM
Can we say TSeX

I have been driving for a few days now and I've noticed that when I go over any type of bump my shocks make a knocking sound... Is this what usually happens or is there something wrong with the installation.. ???
Old 07-29-2005, 09:07 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
Originally Posted by Shady_TSX
I have been driving for a few days now and I've noticed that when I go over any type of bump my shocks make a knocking sound... Is this what usually happens or is there something wrong with the installation.. ???

Depends on how loud it is.

I have heard the sound come from my own stock TSX. I have not noticed my car to be completely noise-free. Also, another customer had a sound that was coming from the sway bar.

It could go either way...install, or normal....if you feel it is REALLY bad, there could be something wrong. Although I have had a few kits inspected by Tein already and there is yet to be anything wrong with any of them!