A-Spec suspension just arrived in the mail (Update: Suspension Installed!!)

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 04:18 PM
Have camera, will travel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^If wheel gap is your primary concern, the A-Spec is not for you. The handling upgrade is nice, but the drop is minimal. It's just enough to tease you, really.

If you search, you should be able to find some recent pics of the A-Spec drop.
Old 04-10-2006, 09:41 AM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by waTSX
^^If wheel gap is your primary concern, the A-Spec is not for you. The handling upgrade is nice, but the drop is minimal. It's just enough to tease you, really.

If you search, you should be able to find some recent pics of the A-Spec drop.

Thx, waTSX, I think you are right about the aspec sus being just a tease. After seeing some pics and what ppl are saying I've decided to go with the Tanabe's only problem is that I don't like putting pieces together (more chances of error). Why doesn't tanabe just send a ready to install piece it would been alot easier.

Anyway, hoping that a fellow clubTsx member would sell me his used Pro S-OC II
Old 05-01-2006, 09:35 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
So, it took me a while, but yesterday, I finally got the A-Spec suspension installed (thanks to the guys for helping out). Had the alignment done today at the dealership today and they were able to get it all neatly in spec without any issue.

Initial impressions:
Probably the one thing that I noticed almost immediately was that the car has substantially less brake dive. Ride quality is nearly imperceptibly different, but there is a tad more stiffness and the dampening is definitely better. Around corners, the car takes a set quicker than the stock suspension and definitely increases the cornering speeds and capabilities of the car.

On the aesthetic front, immediately after doing the install, I measured the suspension and it came out to just about a 1/2-inch lower than the stock suspension, but will likely be more as it settles.

Pictures will be coming soon. I want to take pictures exactly where I took them before so that you all can see the measured difference. Also, further driving impressions will be posted as soon as I have a few moments to take the car out to my usual test loop.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:17 PM
n00b

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts
CG, I know you said that you're going to post pictures later. But I'm sorry, you opened the opportunity for me to give you this.

Old 05-02-2006, 05:08 PM
Have camera, will travel

Congrats man! BTW, don't expect much settling. It's been a few months since I had mine done, and no settling. Still happy though.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:42 PM
Team Owner

Extended impressions:

I took a 500 miles trip up to NYC to have lunch with my old boss and gave the new suspension a nice workout. At more than a few occassions, I got a good opportunity to put the suspension to good use. The suspension definitely does a great deal to improve the handling characteristics of the car and give it a much flatter cornering stance. Plus, the ride quality was definitely not diminished at all.

Overall, though, especially given the wider, more performance oriented tires, I noticed a great deal of tramlining, especially on the NJ Turnpike. Also, on my leg back, I got off the Beltway just in time to catch the tail end of a green light and zip through the turn at near highway speeds. Car powered through the turn without so much as a even a twitch. It's times like this that I love my car even more.

Finally, the roads in NYC are absolutely horrendous. And I was in the heart of Downtown Manhattan. I don't know how people can drive there.

Plus, I just found out my old boss picked himself up a 650Ci. Looking forward to seeing that the next time he's down in DC.
Old 05-11-2006, 02:08 PM
08 MDX with Sports

BMW 650CI? holy smoking hott.. pics ?
Old 05-11-2006, 02:13 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Newplay1
BMW 650CI? holy smoking hott.. pics ?
Maybe next month. He's supposed to be coming down to DC and I'll probably get together with him for lunch so he'll show me the car then.