Slight drop wanted, without camber kit ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 02:53 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slight drop wanted, without camber kit ?

hey,
ive gotten the oem kit on my car now and would like a slight drop. i live in calgary alberta and we have some shitty roads, so i am risking messing my body kit up once dropped tho.
i was wanting to by just some lowering springs for now, but i keep reading up when i searched, that everyone needs camber kits after, the kits cost more than the ssprings.
anyone know which brand of springs will not cause cambering problems?
i just want to buy springs, put them on in shop, and be happy.
please help
and thanks
TSX Cman
Old 09-11-2004, 04:05 PM
A-spec Arctic Blue

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TSX Cman
hey,
ive gotten the oem kit on my car now and would like a slight drop. i live in calgary alberta and we have some shitty roads, so i am risking messing my body kit up once dropped tho.
i was wanting to by just some lowering springs for now, but i keep reading up when i searched, that everyone needs camber kits after, the kits cost more than the ssprings.
anyone know which brand of springs will not cause cambering problems?
i just want to buy springs, put them on in shop, and be happy.
please help
and thanks
TSX Cman
You won't find too many lowering springs that won't require rear camber. Comptech, Eibach Pro-Kit, Neuspeed Sports may be your best bet if you are just looking at springs. If you want a mild drop with better sports handling I would also suggest the A-spec suspension kit. It is more money ($575 - 600) but will give you a reasonable drop along with keeping the factory warranty on your suspension.
Old 09-12-2004, 07:49 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by sigmachi96
You won't find too many lowering springs that won't require rear camber. Comptech, Eibach Pro-Kit, Neuspeed Sports may be your best bet if you are just looking at springs. If you want a mild drop with better sports handling I would also suggest the A-spec suspension kit. It is more money ($575 - 600) but will give you a reasonable drop along with keeping the factory warranty on your suspension.
Even the rear on an A-Spec drop is out of factory spec.
Old 09-12-2004, 07:51 PM
Design By Force

keep in mind tho if you want to keep the warranty you need acura to install it... $$$
Old 09-12-2004, 08:28 PM
Acura Technician

No matter how you want to lower it in any form or brand it will cause camber problems. For each .5" drop you gain approximately .5 degrees of negative camber. There's a good thing and a bad thing for having negative camber. The bad thing is that you'll wear out your tires like crazy. The good thing is that I just save a whole bunch of money by switching over to Geico... (just playing), the good news is that you'll get better tire grip on turns cause the tire will actually make full contact with the ground.