RonJon Inspyre Cleaning/Maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 03:34 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RonJon Inspyre Cleaning/Maintenance

In looking at aftermarket wheels for my TSX, the Inspyre's have been near the top of my list. However, one of my concerns, especially with the Silver Metallic finish, is how hard are they to clean and maintain. I used to have a set of wheels where the lip was a machined finish and once a year I had to get out the semichrome polish and buff that lip to keeping it looking clean/sharp. This took a lot of time and effort and I'm wondering for those that have the Inspyre's what's been your experience in keeping those fresh and new looking six months to a year down the road? What products do you use, and how much time do you invest?

I'm also considering the chrome finish but due to the hard water here in So. Ca. I'm concerned those could waterspot quickly before I had a chance to dry them especially on the inside of the spokes.

So was curious as to other users experience in keeping these wheels looking new after having had them on your car for a while.

Thanks for your input.

Chip
Old 05-19-2005, 04:07 PM
LOUD NOISES!!

Well, as a proud owner of some 18" Silver Inspyres, I just use soap and water and a soft wheel brush, No harsh brake dust removers etc. My finish is still like they are brand new. Takes no time at all, and about once a month i throw a little spray wax on them to keep the brake dust from caking on......
Old 05-19-2005, 06:00 PM
Professional Newbie

i have the 18" Chrome Inspyres.....i just use Wheel Wax ( http://www.wheelwax.com/ ) on mine every 4-6 weeks, its really no big deal. The Wheel Wax keeps them looking real nice, although I do get water spots when it rains. I would recommend Wheel Wax to people with wheels in any finish....great product, and it repels brake dust by building up a negative charge!
Old 05-19-2005, 09:13 PM
Littering and.....

I have the 18" Silver Metallic Inspyres and I've had absolutely no problems. About 2 weeks after I got them I did a full detail on my car. While doing the detail I used NXT on the Inspyres. All I need to do to get them clean is use Meg's GC Shampoo w/ a microfiber wash spunge that I got from exceldetail.com. They also just got Poorboys Wheel sealant and I'm thinking about getting that as well. When I met Rondi to pick up my wheels, I asked him the same question. He didn't suggest using any wheel cleaners (i.e Meg's Hot Rims, etc.) because he didn't know how harsh the chemicals were. I'm not going to take my chances.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:45 AM
Banned

Thanks guys for all the good information and the link to the WheelWax site.

Chip