question on ingalls

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 07:12 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
question on ingalls

hey whats up just had a question on ingalls camber kit for 05 tsx, i have tein ss coil overs lowered 2 inches im going to put the camber kit in soon and was just wondering if the toe kit had to go in to,is there away i can adjust to camber kit to specs or do i have to bring it some where thanks
Old 09-09-2005, 02:28 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
The rear ingalls camber kit allows both camber and toe adjustment. With 2" of lowering, you will definitely need to adjust the camber. Doing this will throw off the toe. Once the camber is set, the toe can be adjusted w/ the stock cam adjuster or via adjustment of the ingalls arms.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:12 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I have the Ingall kit and as AlterZgo says, it adjusts toe. In addition to AlterZgo's comments, anytime you move camber on our 5 link system, it effects toe and although the TSX has some ability for toe adjust in the rear stock, the Ingall gives you as much as you need. My mechanic, who used to only use SPC, loved them.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:47 AM
Guinea Pig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have an 05 TSX with Tein SS and Ingalls rear camber dropped 2". It does everything you need for the rear.

And yes! You should take it to someone for a professional allignment. Your tires will love you for it!
Old 09-10-2005, 11:42 PM
Racer

thanks for the info
and what do people do about the front
Old 09-11-2005, 01:26 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Even with major lowering in the front, the camber stays within factory specs. So no need to buy stuff for the front. The stock adjustments for toe will suffice.
Old 09-12-2005, 12:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
Originally Posted by AlterZgo
The rear ingalls camber kit allows both camber and toe adjustment. With 2" of lowering, you will definitely need to adjust the camber. Doing this will throw off the toe. Once the camber is set, the toe can be adjusted w/ the stock cam adjuster or via adjustment of the ingalls arms.

Well, not really...

Lowering the car messes up the camber AND the toe. Adjusting the camber does not change the toe, nor vice versa.

However, the car does have adjustable toe from the factory, and the toe wears out tires very fast.

Many times I find a camber kit is not needed since camber does not wear tires very fast or aggressive like toe does.

That being said, teh ingalls does have more adjustment than spc.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:53 PM
Hondaholic

Originally Posted by MrHeeltoe
Well, not really...

Lowering the car messes up the camber AND the toe. Adjusting the camber does not change the toe, nor vice versa.

I have to disagree with your disagreement.......

To quote from the instructions:

And when I watched the tech to do the alignment, this was certainly the case on my TSX......
Old 09-12-2005, 03:53 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I have to agree with Lanny as I have the same experience standing right next to the alignment rack. The camber did change slightly after the toe was adjusted. Not so much that's out of spec and I'm sure most shops probably would have left it alone.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
I think that might have more to do with the design of the Ingalls kit.....the toe adjustment is moved closer to the hub, and it is not a stritly lateral adjustment. For where you adjust the toe, I can see how it would affect camber. But with the standard adjustment method it is not an issue.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:43 AM
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I just got my TEIN SS's, comptech RSB and ingalls Rear camber kit last week. After doing some research and searching the board, I'm curious if i should even install the rear camber kit. Should I leave it off and let a shop do it along with the alignment or should I put it on? Also, if I do put it on, how do you know what setting you're at?!?!
Old 06-27-2006, 07:48 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by rza49311
I just got my TEIN SS's, comptech RSB and ingalls Rear camber kit last week. After doing some research and searching the board, I'm curious if i should even install the rear camber kit. Should I leave it off and let a shop do it along with the alignment or should I put it on? Also, if I do put it on, how do you know what setting you're at?!?!
If you are going to do the springs and RSB yourself, might as well just install the Ingalls while you're back there.

I use the bolts that come off the rear camber kit to get the close approximation to the stock lengths. Just make sure you twist the center bar of the kit so that you get equal lengths on both sides of the bars.

I always put the ends as far in as possible with the lock nuts on then put the bar on the ground and twist from the bar so each end equally pushes out.

You might want to put some anti-seize on the threads too as you put them together.

Note, 2 of the ends per kit have thicker bushings, so make sure you put those on the right bar. I believe the thicker inner bushings go on the camber bar and not the toe bar if my memory servers me correctly.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:33 AM
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Thanks! Going to give it a shot on Saturday.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:32 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by rza49311
Thanks! Going to give it a shot on Saturday.
Let me know if you run into trouble. I've done it 3 times already out of my garage. Can also advise on a couple of essential tools to get the job done if you need it.