Powerslot rotors warping at 4000mi????

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 08:02 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Powerslot rotors warping at 4000mi????

I need help...

I recently got powerslot slotted rotors from tirerack and have used them for around 4000 miles. Recently, I have noticed that at highway speed they shimmy the steering wheel badly. I know this shouldn't be happening this early ESPECIALLY since I'm not abusing them frequently...don't get me wrong, I do USE them but there is no way they should be warping this quickly. I am using Satisfied Pro ceramic pads...Does anyone think I can get my money back or any help with this situation...I've tried contacting powerslot but they have been jerking me around..

Please help!
Old 06-04-2007, 08:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Hmmm....are those pads the OEM pads also? I'm thinking they are, and if so, that's the problem. Those pads suck. Try Hawk ceramics. I have Power Slots, too, but with Hawk ceramics. I've had them on for about 10,000 miles with no vibrating or shimmy.

Edit: maybe they aren't. I thought I had seen somewhere that they were, but I could be mistaken.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:10 PM
Disinformation Terminator

Yeah, the first thing that comes to mind is pad material buildup on the rotors....assuming it isn't something loose in the suspension causing the shimmy.

The course of action I'd take is have the rotors lightly surfaced, and the pads replaced with something like the aforementioned Hawk Ceramic, and see if that cures it.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:38 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by LuvMyTSX
Hmmm....are those pads the OEM pads also? I'm thinking they are, and if so, that's the problem. Those pads suck. Try Hawk ceramics. I have Power Slots, too, but with Hawk ceramics. I've had them on for about 10,000 miles with no vibrating or shimmy.

Edit: maybe they aren't. I thought I had seen somewhere that they were, but I could be mistaken.
Question for ya...I purposefully mounted the rotors backwards...could that be the problem?

I spoke with their tech support on the phone and they said that it would be ok but my pads would wear faster and the braking would be more aggressive.

Also, I don't think it's something loose in the suspension b/c I just put on lowering springs and had an alignment
Old 06-04-2007, 10:15 PM
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by jeneah
I purposefully mounted the rotors backwards...could that be the problem?
No offense, but why'd you do that?

I think somebody on this forum did the same thing with RacingBrake rotors (though not on purpose), and re-installing them fixed the problem. I would re-install them as recommended before doing anything else.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:41 PM
T.DoT P.I.M.P. lol

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jeneah
Question for ya...I purposefully mounted the rotors backwards...could that be the problem?

I spoke with their tech support on the phone and they said that it would be ok but my pads would wear faster and the braking would be more aggressive.

Also, I don't think it's something loose in the suspension b/c I just put on lowering springs and had an alignment
1. When you said purposefully mounted backwards, does it apply to both front and rear? If so, who taught you this great idea??? Does it really stop more aggressive?

2. New springs or used springs? The spring alone will not create any problems, unless you blown your OEM shocks, which you should expect that happens in the future anyway.

3. Never heard of Satisfied Brake Pad, but I don't think it's the pad that causes the problem.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:16 AM
Advanced

I only mounted the rotors backward because I thought that's how they went until later I found out they weren't spec. I thought it was weird they were supposed to go the other way because I've only ever seen slotted rotors sweep forward ( slots pointing forward, they wanted them to point backward)

Also, they are brand new H-tech springs I put on