Powerslot Cryo rotors

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 09:43 AM
アコードタイプSとくれば、喜びもひとし お。思わず投

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
Powerslot Cryo rotors

In a market for new rotors. Anybody anybody have experiences with these rotors.

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brake...ar=&perfCode=S
Old 05-14-2008, 09:55 AM
Time to Climb

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
dunno anything about em, but i know that some people cryo their engine internals for improved performance and reliability. there's a guy in tampa who owns a cryo center and completely re-invented his s2000 with the technology for nice gains. i believe he cryoed his rotors too
Old 05-14-2008, 01:32 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I had those rotors on my Civic and they were fantastic. Excellent wear characteristics. I'm on the fence about slotted rotors for road cars though. I question their necessity as you will never brake hard, long and frequently enough on the street to get to the point where outgassing from the pads is a significant problem. They cause a crap load more brake dust, eat your pads faster and decrease the swept area of the rotor. On the other hand, they look really cool and it feels like they increase the brake response in the rain.

It looks like they changed the design somewhat so the slot extends all the way to the end of the rotor. This is a good thing as once or twice a year I would have to pull the rotors off and chisel out the melted brake pad material out of the slots. It would build up to the point where it was higher than the rotor surface and cause shudder and a loss of braking power. Having the slot extend to the edge of the rotor means this material gets thrown all the way out of the rotor by centrifugal force instead of just getting packed into the slot where it ends.

Either way, when I need new rotors, I'm definitely going the cryo treated route. Very possibly those exact ones you're looking at there, just maybe not with the slots.