NTB scratched up my brand new wheels!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012 | 07:00 PM
Advanced

Angry NTB scratched up my brand new wheels!!!

I got a set of brand new 17" RSX A-Spec Wheels for my TSX on eBay. I ordered 235/45-17 Kumho ECSTA 4X tires from Tirerack and had them deliver to my local NTB in McLean, VA. I had them previously mount a set of tires on my OEM wheels and they did a pretty good job, so I did not hesitate in having them mount this new set. I should have. They scratched 2 of my new wheels and put a small nick in another.

I don't know exactly why, but I figured I would try to repair these my self. I started out with Meguiar's 105 Mirror Glaze which did a pretty nice job on the lighter scratches, but it hardly touched the deeper ones. I then proceeded try wet sanding the deeper scratch with 2000 grit paper. Bad idea! I think I did more harm then good.

But the good news is that the scratches are pretty hard to see unless you are looking for them. I decided to just coat these puppies with Opti-Coat 2.0 and call it a day.

Old 02-04-2012 | 07:22 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

i would have complained.

i hate NTB and merchant's with a passion. after the experience i had with them...OMG. my first set of after market rims were damaged by them. i complained. they got me a new upgraded set of aftermarket rims b/c the prior set they damaged were discontinued. however it was a huge ordeal to get them to make it right. never again. after witnessing the incompetency of these morons trying to work with my wheels and handling my vehicle, i vowed to never go back and deal with any of them.

i'm particular and anal. from what i can tell these guys that work at these big box shops...don't give a crap. the only place my car goes to is the dealer for work. they know me, they know me well enough not to mess up my car (no wash, scratch, ding, mar my car or mess with my rims unnecessarily).

i'd be a little upset and annoyed if my new rims were scratched. so muchso i would have complained, but that's me.
Old 02-04-2012 | 07:28 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by TLtrigirl
i would have complained.

i hate NTB and merchant's with a passion. after the experience i had with them...OMG. my first set of after market rims were damaged by them. i complained. they got me a new upgraded set of aftermarket rims b/c the prior set they damaged were discontinued. however it was a huge ordeal to get them to make it right. never again. after witnessing the incompetency of these morons trying to work with my wheels and handling my vehicle, i vowed to never go back and deal with any of them.

i'm particular and anal. from what i can tell these guys that work at these big box shops...don't give a crap. the only place my car goes to is the dealer for work. they know me, they know me well enough not to mess up my car (no wash, scratch, ding, mar my car or mess with my rims unnecessarily).

i'd be a little upset and annoyed if my new rims were scratched. so muchso i would have complained, but that's me.
I thought about it, but I knew it was going to be a big hassle and they would first try to get these repainted rather than replaced...etc...

So, I took a deep breath, thought about all the paint chips I have in the front, 63,000 miles on the odometer, and said forget it. Now if that had happened to my new Audi, I would have gone

Old 02-04-2012 | 08:05 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

a refinish is better than scratched rims.

yeah i'd be upset if it was on the audi too. lol.

it's one thing if the rims were rashed to begin with....it's another thing if they were new and blemish free.

i'm enjoying my upgrade quite nicely. its the one thing my dealer won't do...replace the tires. they're even afraid of messing up my rims (b/c they have the old school tire mounting machine). they were kind enough to tape my wheels before attaching the alignment lasers to my wheels during my last alignment. love my dealer...and yes i pay an arm and a leg for it.
Old 02-23-2012 | 09:47 AM
Burning Brakes

Should havd had the perps fix it.....