Long term suspension review

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 11:41 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Long term suspension review

Thought this might be useful...

Post your initial and long term impression of your suspension setup, including what setup(s) you have (or had), how long have you had it, how's the ride/handling compared to when you first had it and compared to stock, and any issues you might've ran into.

Personally, I'm interested in knowing about the Aspec and Tein's.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:22 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had the a-spec suspension since the day I drove it off the lot. It has been 8 months now and I just love it. I only drove a stock TSX twice (test drive and loaner) and I didn't notice much of a difference in the comfort of the ride. The a-spec really does have significant less body roll when in a corner (I also have a CT RSB) than stock. Sorry, I cannot compare much more since I drove my TSX off the lot with suspension and RSB.
Old 12-22-2005, 01:03 PM
Hondaholic

I'm closing in on a year with the the USDM Tein FLEXes, and I still have nothing but very positive things to say.

I've had no abnormal noises, and the ride remains pretty much the same as when I installed them; very firm but not harsh, and not bouncy. Just what I was looking for. Handling is still exceptionally good. (also have the CT RSB.)

I've raised them up a little for the winter, and had absolutely no sign of corrosion; the Teflon coating has held up well. No problems making the adjustment, nothing stuck together.

They're not cheap, and they're probably overkill for a lot of people, but IMO they're worth the $$......
Old 12-22-2005, 01:39 PM
n00b

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts
My JDM spec TEIN FLEX is almost 1.5 years old now. I have no problem with it. Other than the fact that I feel more impurities from the road surface due to the rubberband tires, the ride is the same as the day I installed it. The handling is just as good (I have the Progress rear swaybar). One of the best mods (I don't have that many mods to begin with ) in my TSX.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:51 PM
Instructor

<-A-Spec wtih CT RSB. Rides like day 1 of installation. Think the car could be a little lower and sometimes regret not going with the Tein setup ,but the ride is super smooth, and the TSX isn't exactly a sports car....so u have to make compromises.

........still waiting on Hondata for the 05
Old 12-22-2005, 08:16 PM
STi'd

Originally Posted by NightShredder
I've had the a-spec suspension since the day I drove it off the lot. It has been 8 months now and I just love it. I only drove a stock TSX twice (test drive and loaner) and I didn't notice much of a difference in the comfort of the ride. The a-spec really does have significant less body roll when in a corner (I also have a CT RSB) than stock. Sorry, I cannot compare much more since I drove my TSX off the lot with suspension and RSB.
+1
Old 12-22-2005, 10:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I got my US spec Tein Flex right after LannyM based on his review and feedback. It took a few adjustments to customize the ride and handling characteristic from the beginning, and the handling has not changed since.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:15 AM
Racer

Great idea for a forum!! NightShredder & ComptechTSX....any pics??? I'm wondering what the A-spec setup looks like once it 'settles' a bit, if in fact it settles at all Especially looking for pics w/ OEM kit. I'm seriously considering the A-spec kit, but I eventually want a lower profile tire (maybe 17" or 18"), and I'm wondering if it looks okay with the mild A-Spec drop and OEM kit??
Old 12-23-2005, 10:42 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by formerRSX-S
Great idea for a forum!! NightShredder & ComptechTSX....any pics??? I'm wondering what the A-spec setup looks like once it 'settles' a bit, if in fact it settles at all Especially looking for pics w/ OEM kit. I'm seriously considering the A-spec kit, but I eventually want a lower profile tire (maybe 17" or 18"), and I'm wondering if it looks okay with the mild A-Spec drop and OEM kit??
I will work on getting pics but right now I have none. The a-spec drops about 1" all around. A good reason to get a-spec is if Acura installs them they are under warranty 4 yr/50,000 miles just like your car. I don't have a body kit on my car because the winters out here make them unrealistic.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:47 AM
i want to ride my bicycle

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by NightShredder
I don't have a body kit on my car because the winters out here make them unrealistic.
what do you mean by that? are you referring to ground clearance? cause it really doesnt effect it by much at all.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:08 PM
Racer

I have Tein SS and i love them, the ride is just as good as day one.