i think its time to replace my shocks. adjustable options.

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 07:01 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think its time to replace my shocks. adjustable options.

I've done a ton of searching. I am confident I do not want a spec, it just does not seem worth the cost for what I will get. Tien is out as well do to cost and being more then I need. That includes the basics.

For some background my wife drives this car and prefers a stock car. However our second child is on the way and two seats in a tsx will be tough. We had the rear facing in it for the first and it was horrible to sit in front of it. I plan in the next year to pick up an suv to replace my explorer. Which I like but being prerunnered out my wife does not. When that time comes ill drive the tsx for commuting and get her an rdx or forester or one of the smaller suv and hope they will really tow my trailer with quads and dirt bikes on them. In the mean time I need a suspension setup for her I can work with latter. I will also use the car to pick up clients from the airport so I need it as clean and grown up as a modified sedan can be. I suspect when its mine I will lower it 2-3inches.

I've narrowed it down to three options koni and stock springs, function and forms, or megans.

I was pretty set on getting the koni shocks to use with stock springs from neuspeed but a post just below this one states they are harsh on smaller bumps since there meant for there race springs.based on my measurements the konis will bring me down to 2 finger gaps in the rear and 3 in the front. I would really like to get the front to 2 and considered removing a quarter of the front coils to even it out. I know most don't like cut coils but I have had decent cut setups in the past as long as very little was taken off. The problem is I don't want it studdery on bumps or off camber bumps. The stock shocks on mine are now and that plus more sway then I would like is why I plan to replace them. Also while I can get them for 510.00 shipped after a nice compressor I would only be 50 bucks away from the cost of lower end coilovers.

Since I want it down a little lower now and probable lower still latter on I am considering megan ez streets or function and form type ones. I have read mixed reviews on the function and forms for the tsx and am on the fence about installing them because of rear strut fitment issues. Does anyone know the spring rate of these? I'm worried they might be too stiff but suspect these will work fine for me and at 630 a set, plus a much shorter install time it seems like a viable option for a small drop now and a larger one latter ( just enough to eliminate gap).

The other option which seems viable but has no reviews is the megan ezstreets these seem basically the same as the function and forms but they add adjust ability. Not sure wether I need it or not but I would not mind being able to set it softer.

My budget is 650 shipped. That's basically everything I need in a setup, and if it helps I love the stance of c230 sports and 3 series bimmers and that's what I am looking for with sort of flush rims.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:31 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bump

the function and forms I am talking about are the HT Spec type 1's.