How do I even make this possible?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2020, 08:28 PM
2nd Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
How do I even make this possible?

Hey first time post,
thought since there is nothing like this online, I’d make an account and throw this out there. Here’s the thing, I initially was going to baby this daily driver, keep her OEM and ride her to the ground, since I bought it cherries for $6k with 80k miles, one-owner, all 3 keys and 2 fobs, everything original from the factory down to the purchase agreement and Acura pen that signed it. Anyhoo, tragedy struck and I totaled my first mechanically reliable car (having just transitioned away from the European façade of perfect Clean cars, that in reality constantly leave you stranded unless you give in to their hungry hippo money eating... never mind back to it).

When I got the insurance check I fixed her up in my buddy’s shop and broke even, and decided since it’s not the perfect virgin car anymore, I can finally make that rally-style car I always wanted. (And I know, why don’t you just get a Subaru, or a new tlx or anything new that has AWD.. I’ve heard it all and whatever I just like this look so f it)

TL;DR
had a tsx, totaled it, made it my version of rally style, boom.

I have 2” puck spacers on the struts and am running 235/75/R15 truck wheels and tires. I have the back wheels on Godspeed camber arms, slightly negative to offset the positive camber gained by lifting it, and skunk front camber arms. Rear sway bar coming this next week

don’t judge me, here are some questions

What are some coils/new overall suspension that’ll give me the same height I have now, if not be adjustable to lift somewhat more?

shopping online, I’ve been noticing a lot of good brands; buddy club, f and f, tien and Godspeed all have a minimum of ~.5-1.5” lowering, which in some cases would completely defeat the purpose of lifting it. The reason I need new coils is mainly to stiffen up the ride and not be so bouncy feeling. I would even be cool with direct oem replacement, but would prefer adjustable dampening. By the way to anyone who thinks this is dumb, my car kicks ass going up 4000-6500ft to the mountains 20 times a year and passes up all the awd and 4wd’s, chains or not.

Also, please let me know what you think!

P.s. there’s no rub whatsoever, even with 800 lbs in the car

When dry, I have an additional 3 inches of clearance in the rear and 2.5 up front