Hankook Tires --awful!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2011 | 11:53 AM
luvmyride

Angry Hankook Tires --awful!!

I have a 2008 Acura TSX Aspec. I needed tires; I researched the Hankook Ventus V12 EVO K11 and bought a set from Discount Tire. There was a $60.00 rebate for these. I mailed in the paperwork to the address provided. I never got the rebate; I called the 800 number and was told they never got my rebate forms. They gave me a new address which Handkook set up for people whose rebate were never received. I mailed another rebate request to this new address (return receipt this time). I never got anything back in the mail except the green proof of mailing card. I filed a complaint with the BBB. Hankook replied that it was my fault the paperwork was “lost in the mail” etc. I searched Hankook online and found another person who had the same rebate experience as me with the same “lost in the mail” excuse for not honoring the advertised rebate. When I replied to Hankook that I had found this other post they send me an email threatening a lawsuit if I post my experiences online and futher definded their “lost in the mail” excuse. For that reason I am not posting the email exchange here.I will say that one of the people who contacted me was Michelle Lee from Hankook. I wanted to post this awful experience online so others can avoid this company.

Oh and the tires are not so great after all.
Old 11-18-2011 | 11:56 AM
'That's what she said!'

Sorry to hear about you troubles.

But it sounds to me like this is an issue of Hankook's customer service, not the actual tire. I know plenty of people that say those tires rock, especially for the price.

Anyway, hope it works out for you man.
Old 11-18-2011 | 07:56 PM
Old Guy

Originally Posted by renedcruz
Sorry to hear about you troubles.

But it sounds to me like this is an issue of Hankook's customer service, not the actual tire. I know plenty of people that say those tires rock, especially for the price.

Anyway, hope it works out for you man.
Agreed. Put a set of Ventus V4's on the 07 (OE size) and my wife has been very happy with them. They'll come off any day now to make room for the winters, but as a 3 season tire, we're very happy with them.
Old 11-18-2011 | 08:19 PM
CGP Ebony

Rebates have a tendency to take an extremely long processing time so its something thats not worth waiting by the mailbox for sure.

As for Hankook, I've heard great things about their tires as well.
The following users liked this post:
nj2pa2nc (11-27-2011)
Old 11-19-2011 | 10:21 AM
L.A. > the rest

Originally Posted by un4getable
I have a 2008 Acura TSX Aspec. I needed tires; I researched the Hankook Ventus V12 EVO K11 and bought a set from Discount Tire. There was a $60.00 rebate for these. I mailed in the paperwork to the address provided. I never got the rebate; I called the 800 number and was told they never got my rebate forms. They gave me a new address which Handkook set up for people whose rebate were never received. I mailed another rebate request to this new address (return receipt this time). I never got anything back in the mail except the green proof of mailing card. I filed a complaint with the BBB. Hankook replied that it was my fault the paperwork was “lost in the mail” etc. I searched Hankook online and found another person who had the same rebate experience as me with the same “lost in the mail” excuse for not honoring the advertised rebate. When I replied to Hankook that I had found this other post they send me an email threatening a lawsuit if I post my experiences online and futher definded their “lost in the mail” excuse. For that reason I am not posting the email exchange here.I will say that one of the people who contacted me was Michelle Lee from Hankook. I wanted to post this awful experience online so others can avoid this company.

Oh and the tires are not so great after all.
I love my Hankooks!!! One of the best tires ever! Google it.

And ur title should read: Hankook CUSTOMER SERVICE...awful!!

Oh, and BTW...I got my $60 rebate waayyyyyyyyy after I bought my tires, but I completely forgot bcuz I've got better things to do. :p