Euro-R Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 10:25 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Euro-R Suspension

Quick (n00b) questions...

Is the USDM TSX similar to JDM specs in terms of suspension and handling (I know the engine and drivetrain differ)?

I know Euro-R isn't exactly Type-R but doesn't it still carry a tradition of superior handling and balance and wasn't past Euro-Rs superior in these respects to the regular Accord in Japan and here in the US?

If it IS different, can we changeover our whole suspension and buy those JDM parts?
I had a friend who did this to his EK9 hatchback, and his Type-R suspension rode and broke like it was on rails =). I think he got the whole JDM package shocks/springs/bushings/pillars/sway bars/rotors/pads/etc. which, according to him, were all necessary to replicate Type-R handling and balance.
Old 10-23-2004, 01:14 PM
Advanced

similar

Basically CL7 suspension is the same as TSX with perhaps just a little more rate to offset the 100 kg extra weight the TSX carries. I have been using TSX parts for my CL7. No point swapping over. It may well be better for you to look at the A-spec suspension.
Old 10-24-2004, 12:51 AM
Instructor

To al8818,
i have a question for u. I also have a Cl7. Have U experienced Detonation?
I have been experienced it lately and i contribute to the gas we have here. I presumed that we have 97 ron for Shell and 98 for Esso Mobil. I just got STP octane Booster for my last tank of gas and it doesnt seems to help. I was wondering if this could be normal.
Cause i have been asking for a few people who also have CL7, but they dont seem to have noticed.

Let me know what u thing
thanks

By the way, how is the Koni and Pro kit feels compare to the stock Supension.
I am very relatant to get spring as they always seems to have too low springs rates.
Old 10-24-2004, 08:19 AM
Advanced

Hi, where are you situated? The Euro R is a JDM only model ie it has Right hand drive only. Anyway the I do not have detonation problems here in Singapore as the gas is 98 octane. We had 100 a while ago but that was not economically viable so Caltex shut it down. The CL7 group here has been running 98 without problems. 97 ron for Shell is in Malaysia.

Something could be wrong with your timing being too advanced or something. Have it checked.

Koni Pro Kit + Koni seems softer than stock over very small bumps and most road surfaces. But stiffness ramps up significantly on bigger humps as it is progressive in nature. The Konis can only cope with a single spring rate so it is difficult to find a proper setting for any progressive wound spring. Also its too low and I have been hitting things underneath.

My fave set up so far is Koni with Standard springs but with spring perch lowered one rung. It has a slightly lower ride height than stock but not as slammed down as Eibach Pro. However ride damping is far better as Koni can match single rate spring better.