Bent Rim.

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 03:20 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Bent Rim.

So last weekend I take my car in for service and the manager points out my tire is damaged (bulge in the sidewall) but says "good news, we have them in stock and can replace it for only $250!" Screw that I say, I just had another tire replaced at the Shell next to my office for $199 w/ tax!

Well I take it to that Shell (last time, I think they scratched the rim) and after the new tire is put on I start to notice a shimmy on the highway. I take it back to 2 places to get it balanced and both say the rim is bent.

Now I'm worried that the tire I just put on will get ruined in the same way... is it possible for a bent rim to cause tire damage over time?

Anyway, I was planning on ordering a new (used) rim off eBay, but thought I'd check here first... anyone with Aftermarket wheels in the tri-state area want to sell me an OEM rim?
Old 05-07-2005, 06:50 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Try the classifieds - "black market". There are always people selling stock TSX rim(s).
Old 05-07-2005, 08:07 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by NDLunchbox
So last weekend I take my car in for service and the manager points out my tire is damaged (bulge in the sidewall) but says "good news, we have them in stock and can replace it for only $250!" Screw that I say, I just had another tire replaced at the Shell next to my office for $199 w/ tax!

Well I take it to that Shell (last time, I think they scratched the rim) and after the new tire is put on I start to notice a shimmy on the highway. I take it back to 2 places to get it balanced and both say the rim is bent.

Now I'm worried that the tire I just put on will get ruined in the same way... is it possible for a bent rim to cause tire damage over time?

Anyway, I was planning on ordering a new (used) rim off eBay, but thought I'd check here first... anyone with Aftermarket wheels in the tri-state area want to sell me an OEM rim?
Yes, long term it will cause some damage to the new tire.
Not so much with the car. But with the tire. It wont wear evenly. It's like driving around with an unbalanced tire. It'll start to cup.
Old 05-07-2005, 09:12 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
God, the moderators on this board are real freaks, they lock and move everything! There WERE some other questions in this post, schmuck.