Avons dont come in 235/40/18?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 03:13 AM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Avons dont come in 235/40/18?

Ok... after a long search about tires. I finally figured out which ones i wanted. I was either going to go with the Avon 500's or 550's. Then i did a search on tirerack for every single tire in the 235/40/18 size. It turned up ZERO avon's for that size. Is it true? IN the description it says 40's profile is available then it says sizes 14-18. But i couldn't find it on their website. Is it just me? or does tirerack not carry that size?

Also... i've only found reviews from people that've just put the tires on a couple of hundred miles ago. Is there anyone that've had these tires on their car and have been broken in for a while... can they tell me about whether or not they are quiet? wet handling? dry handling? Are the sidewalls so soft you can feel it while you are turning?

I'm planning on putting these on Ronjon's. If i can't find Avon's in this size... then i may have to go with thei fuzion ZRI's. Anyone have a comparison of those to?

Also... with regards to both the Avons and Fuzions, for those of you htat have the... do they tramline while on the highway? Or do they drive in a straight line like you are riding on rails?

thanks
Old 01-31-2006, 07:41 AM
send me a link to JDM??

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Alin10123
Ok... after a long search about tires. I finally figured out which ones i wanted. I was either going to go with the Avon 500's or 550's. Then i did a search on tirerack for every single tire in the 235/40/18 size. It turned up ZERO avon's for that size. Is it true? IN the description it says 40's profile is available then it says sizes 14-18. But i couldn't find it on their website. Is it just me? or does tirerack not carry that size?

Also... i've only found reviews from people that've just put the tires on a couple of hundred miles ago. Is there anyone that've had these tires on their car and have been broken in for a while... can they tell me about whether or not they are quiet? wet handling? dry handling? Are the sidewalls so soft you can feel it while you are turning?

I'm planning on putting these on Ronjon's. If i can't find Avon's in this size... then i may have to go with thei fuzion ZRI's. Anyone have a comparison of those to?

Also... with regards to both the Avons and Fuzions, for those of you htat have the... do they tramline while on the highway? Or do they drive in a straight line like you are riding on rails?

thanks
I've had the Avon's on for about 3k miles and I still love them. The only problem I had with them was when it was really cold (like 5-10 degrees) they would flat spot a little. Not a big deal though. Other then that they perform well, are quite, everything I would want from a tire for that price.

I ran into the same problem when picking out tires for my summer wheels though, cause I wanted the 500's and couldn't get them in 235's. I decided to go with 225's though, but after that I also decided to go with different tires so Avon does offer the 500's in 225/40 if you want to go with that.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:28 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TSX.Fury
I've had the Avon's on for about 3k miles and I still love them. The only problem I had with them was when it was really cold (like 5-10 degrees) they would flat spot a little. Not a big deal though. Other then that they perform well, are quite, everything I would want from a tire for that price.

I ran into the same problem when picking out tires for my summer wheels though, cause I wanted the 500's and couldn't get them in 235's. I decided to go with 225's though, but after that I also decided to go with different tires so Avon does offer the 500's in 225/40 if you want to go with that.
So it really does'nt come in 235?
Man... I thought i'd found almost hte perfect tire for me. If i go with 225, it will decrease the overall tire size and the wheel gap will be there. I'd prefer to go to as close to stock as possible. Oh well... i guess the search continues.