About to pull the trigger on a TSX - few questions about wheels/suspension

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009 | 12:34 PM
5th Gear

About to pull the trigger on a TSX - few questions about wheels/suspension

Hey guys, so my Golf is on its way out right now and im considering pulling the trigger on a 04 or an 06 TSX (i haven't decided yet :P). Now here's my dilemma. I'm one who needs a low car...case in point my current car:

anyways, i want to pretty much slam the car. However, being a daily driver in NJ its pretty hard to get as low as i want. My golf has problems getting places. So i want to alleviate all my concern with Air Suspension. I'm pretty dead bent on air. I was wondering if anyone who has experience with Air on japanese cars could point me in the right direction to piece together a kit like from universal air, or air assisted. I was looking at the KSport Kit or the D2 Kit which seems like a pricier easier alternative... or the Air Runner Kit which i noticed people were running on here...but from what i hear is very expensive

My other question concerns wheel fitment. I'm currently look at 17x9.5 17x8.5 wheels, with probably a 35-40 offset. Will these work? Rolling fenders is not an issue for me, But i'd like to stay away from having to pull them. I want to be as humanly flush as possible. That guy from Hawaii with the Black 06 on the Work Varienza's is the exact fitment i want, but i want 17's.

Thanks for taking the time to read this crap :P and thanks in advance for the help. I'm a complete japanese noob, but i hope i'll be joining your community soon!
Old 06-30-2009 | 01:44 PM
Cruisin'

cleannnn.. go for the 06
Old 07-02-2009 | 10:45 AM
5th Gear

thats what i'm thinking, but i need to find a lip kitted one and all, and its so frustrating to find the exact car i want.
Old 07-02-2009 | 05:24 PM
Site Lurker, Rare poster

It's best not to stick to finding a specific car. I was set on getting a white, manny, navi, ebony interior and it was impossible. You can always ask a dealer to locate what you specifically want but it would probably be easier (maybe even cheaper) to buy a stock one and just buy the aftermarket stuff and DIY. The lipkit (depending which you want) can be done by yourself, esp ASPEC so don't let the dealer charge you a ridiculous amount. I would def go for an 06 over the 04. The rims should work depending on your drop in relation to the size and offset of the rims as well as the tires you run. Ppl have run pretty aggressive setups nicely.