Aaargh! Chassis bracket for RSB busted off!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 07:10 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey thanks for getting the pictures up green_henry. im from northern cal too, so i can sympathize about the weather.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:34 AM
STi'd

Update on the status of my RSB bracket:

Completely fixed, drives straight, back to OEM RSB with rubber bushings. Shop replaced the passenger-side rear sub-frame, RSB and did an alignment. Cornering is not as flat and neutral as with the Comptech bar, but interestingly, it seems as if my tires made the largest difference in handling. Bottom line, I don't quite miss my Comptech bar as much as I thought I would and plan to just leave it stock from now on.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:59 PM
Instructor

I have about 60,000 km on my Comptech with otherwise stock suspension and the Comptech bushings. When I saw this thread I checked the brackets out and they are fine, however I have a suspicious clucking in the back end when I go over any bump. I need to the rest of the suspension, I suspect of the end lick is loose.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:55 PM
Someone stole "My Garage"

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveWhyman
I have about 60,000 km on my Comptech with otherwise stock suspension and the Comptech bushings. When I saw this thread I checked the brackets out and they are fine, however I have a suspicious clucking in the back end when I go over any bump. I need to the rest of the suspension, I suspect of the end lick is loose.
I'm having the same problem with my car (again). I am 99% sure it'll end up being an endlink again.

Too bad I have ZERO time to look under there this weekend.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:33 AM
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveWhyman
Looks can be deceiving. The first time I checked mine, I thought everything was ok.

If you haven't actually gone underneath the car and grabbed the bar to see if it's loose, you should definitely do this. And you need to check both sides (I guess that's obvious, but it's easy to fall into the trap of yanking on one side, getting no movement, and assuming all is in order).

Anyhow, I hope you're right and that it's something relatively minor instead.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:14 PM
Instructor

I put the pry bar on everything in there. The end links are still good. It might be the sway bar bushing itself, there is a tiny bit of play if I really ream on it. Other suspect is the exhaust system, all the hangers look stretched out, parts of it are moving about 2" with little effort. Doesn't appear to be hitting anything though. Next time I'm at the dealer I'll get it looked at. I still have lots of extended warranty left.