AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   1G TSX Tires, Wheels, & Suspension (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-tsx-tires-wheels-suspension-130/)
-   -   20's on a TSX? (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-tsx-tires-wheels-suspension-130/20s-tsx-656143/)

chowan24 02-14-2005 08:55 AM

20's on a TSX?

Can it be done? If so what are the specs? Need to know quick I pic up my TSX on the 22nd of Feb.

JTso 02-14-2005 08:59 AM

Yes, it's been done by a few members here. You still have a week to search for their posts. ;)

savage 02-14-2005 09:32 AM

there are pics of one or two of them on here...i think the wheel gallery...

IMO 20's are just too big, they might work if its just for show, but they would honestly be a ridiculously rough ride...get some nice looking 19's and you should be satisfied...

loxllxol 02-14-2005 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by savage
there are pics of one or two of them on here...i think the wheel gallery...

IMO 20's are just too big, they might work if its just for show, but they would honestly be a ridiculously rough ride...get some nice looking 19's and you should be satisfied...

How can you speculate that 20's would have "a ridiculously rough ride?" I have 20's with a Pro-Kit drop, and it rides EXACTLY the same as stock.

kaikai114 02-15-2005 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by loxllxol
How can you speculate that 20's would have "a ridiculously rough ride?" I have 20's with a Pro-Kit drop, and it rides EXACTLY the same as stock.

you should probably change EXACTLY to NEARLY... with eibach prokit + 20" rim/skinny tires, the ride should be stiffer

GSGOMEZ 02-15-2005 04:03 AM

I think TSX look better on 18 and 19 inch, 20 inch looked pretty good but kind of a little big wheel on TSX.

tsxondubs 02-15-2005 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by kaikai114
you should probably change EXACTLY to NEARLY... with eibach prokit + 20" rim/skinny tires, the ride should be stiffer

I think its funny as hell that people assume that 20's ride like ass and the tires dont give with such a low profile .I have hit some nasty ass bumps here in town and have nothing wrong with my tire nor my wheel .I just wannna know where do u people get ur info about 20's ride like ass and so on my car rides pretty damn close to stock with a 2.5 drop and 20's it's kinda funny everyone that bitches about how it rides have most likely never road in a car with 20's and they just assume it rides rough . but to each his own if you think it rides like ass then go for it if u have the money for 20's go for u will be mad if u settle for baby dubs (18's 19's) just please dont go lower than a 19 inch wheel looks way to small .

kaikai114 02-15-2005 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by tsxondubs
I think its funny as hell that people assume that 20's ride like ass and the tires dont give with such a low profile .I have hit some nasty ass bumps here in town and have nothing wrong with my tire nor my wheel .I just wannna know where do u people get ur info about 20's ride like ass and so on my car rides pretty damn close to stock with a 2.5 drop and 20's it's kinda funny everyone that bitches about how it rides have most likely never road in a car with 20's and they just assume it rides rough . but to each his own if you think it rides like ass then go for it if u have the money for 20's go for u will be mad if u settle for baby dubs (18's 19's) just please dont go lower than a 19 inch wheel looks way to small .

Was I ever bitchin'? Having the tsx dropped on Eibach Prokit and stock shocks will give your car a stiffer ride already, and with the even lower profile tires, there's not much room for cushion. Ride won't be EXACTLY the same compared to stock TSX ride, if you have any aftermarket shocks to pair up with the springs, then it's a totally different story. There's always a give and take when you go with bigger diameter wheels, they're sweet none the less, but you'd give up some ride quality. It's all a matter of preference and opinion.

...u will be mad if u settle for baby dubs (18's 19's) just please dont go lower than a 19 inch wheel looks way to small .

Not everything is meant for shows, 80% of the members up here have 18s fitted to their ride, and they did it for a reason. And I dont see them being mad about their 18's and 17's. Bottom line, everybody is entitled to their own tastes and opinions, no need to make judgements for others. By the way, I love my 17x8 and aint mad at all :grinfawk:

Yes Chowan, 20s can be done on on the TSX. I would post up the specs of those 20s you're getting before making the purchase so you can rest assure they will fit with no or little rubbing issues.

cmf 02-15-2005 03:23 PM

20's are too damn big on this car anyways. TSXondubs has pics of his car someplace. To me, it looks like a tank. Prior to the body kit, it didn't look good at all. Now he has the kit, and it gives an appearance of a wider car and more square from the front. I personally dont like it still, but to each his own. It looks way better with the kit though.

As far as ride quality, riding on 20's is no where close to a stock ride on a lower profile tire. Key words being LOWER PROFILE TIRE. The lower profile tire on any upsized wheel is NOT gonna flex as much, and give that bottoming out feeling. The car may ride smooth on flat smooth surfaces, but on bumps and rough roads, YOU WILL notice the difference. It doesn't have anything to do with wheels size, but TIRE SIZE.
Even if you were running a stock 17inch wheel, and had 205/40 on it, you will still feel a more harsh ride from stock.

In regards to money, I don't see how throwing on a set of 20's makes you a baller. To me, a good quality wheel is a good quality wheel. You get what you pay for. JDM, USDM, EDM, who gives a shit, but size doesn't really make a difference as to how much you dumped into your ride. 20's won't make your car any better a show car than one with 15's for that matter.
You wanna show someone you dumped a whole lotta money into a damn good wheel. One company -- H.R.E. :mmm:

kaikai114 02-15-2005 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by cmf
20's are too damn big on this car anyways. TSXondubs has pics of his car someplace. To me, it looks like a tank. Prior to the body kit, it didn't look good at all. Now he has the kit, and it gives an appearance of a wider car and more square from the front. I personally dont like it still, but to each his own. It looks way better with the kit though.

As far as ride quality, riding on 20's is no where close to a stock ride on a lower profile tire. Key words being LOWER PROFILE TIRE. The lower profile tire on any upsized wheel is NOT gonna flex as much, and give that bottoming out feeling. The car may ride smooth on flat smooth surfaces, but on bumps and rough roads, YOU WILL notice the difference. It doesn't have anything to do with wheels size, but TIRE SIZE.
Even if you were running a stock 17inch wheel, and had 205/40 on it, you will still feel a more harsh ride from stock.

In regards to money, I don't see how throwing on a set of 20's makes you a baller. To me, a good quality wheel is a good quality wheel. You get what you pay for. JDM, USDM, EDM, who gives a shit, but size doesn't really make a difference as to how much you dumped into your ride. 20's won't make your car any better a show car than one with 15's for that matter.
You wanna show someone you dumped a whole lotta money into a damn good wheel. One company -- H.R.E. :mmm:

:nod: :tgif: :thumbsup: :werd:

What company is H.R.E. btw?

On the 17x8 with 235/45/17 I have, the ride feels slightly "rougher" than stock oem rim/tires. I know the 45 lower profile will make the ride a bit stiffer, but does that 1" extra patch on the road do anything to the roughness as well?

tsxondubs 02-15-2005 05:05 PM

the wheels i have are the same line as hre and cost few hundred less but its a custom made 3 piece forged wheel ,same concept as hre .and as far as 20's being a baller wheel its not a ballerwheel. its just what u wanna pay for. I went the high end on everything i bought so i know it would last a long time and not give me a headache later down the road.I built my car for me to wake up and be happy to own it .I guess me being from the south big wheels are whats in and ive always had wheels bigger then 20's.just gets to me when people have never road in a car on 20's but they know all about how bad it should ride or whatever, just my.02 not trying to piss anyone off just trying to see why people knock 20's so hard (and i guess cmf will always be on my case for calling him out long time ago)

xizor 02-15-2005 05:10 PM

Ride won't be EXACTLY the same compared to stock TSX ride, if you have any aftermarket shocks to pair up with the springs, then it's a totally different story. There's always a give and take when you go with bigger diameter wheels, they're sweet none the less, but you'd give up some ride quality. It's all a matter of preference and opinion.

:werd: what crack are you guys smoking, if you have aftermarket springs w/o shocks the ride will not be close to stock no matter what wheels you have on there. You can have a pro kit w/ the stock wheels and it still won't be the same. Its decent, but don't pretend it close to the same as stock.

Originally Posted by cmf
H.R.E. :mmm:

I see HRE's on really expensive cars, and while they're great quality and all, every wheel I've seen from them looks like crap. I hate their designs, it might just be me, but I can't stand them, although I respect them.

ourquieta 02-15-2005 06:39 PM

Booyaka

Here are some pics of my ride with some 20's. Granted it does need a body kit, I think that I am extremely happy with it and not unhappy about the way it rides or when it hit a significant bump in the road. It's all a matter of tastes right? I saw a car with a 20 inch lift, I bet that guy thought his car looked dope. Oh well, here are the pics to my ride.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...Picture171.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...Picture170.jpg

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...Picture172.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...Picture173.jpg[/IMG]

kaikai114 02-15-2005 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by ourquieta
Here are some pics of my ride with some 20's. Granted it does need a body kit, I think that I am extremely happy with it and not unhappy about the way it rides or when it hit a significant bump in the road. It's all a matter of tastes right? I saw a car with a 20 inch lift, I bet that guy thought his car looked dope. Oh well, here are the pics to my ride.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...Picture171.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...Picture170.jpg

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...Picture172.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...Picture173.jpg[/IMG]

Wow... looking nice dood, very good taste :thumbsup: what brand rims are those, Volks? looks like they're dropped on eibach prokits. got the specs? that may help Chowan decide on what he's gon get.

It'd be a blast seeing your ride at the Feb. 20 HB meet

EURORTSX 02-15-2005 08:34 PM

ride quality with aftermarket suspension changes no matter what just like xizor said...i am only dropped on a-spec and the ride is noticeably different. as for rim size, i think 19s and 18s are both perfect for our car, after all, if your looking to get 20 inch showy rims, you picked the wrong car to do that on

cmf 02-15-2005 08:52 PM

the wheels i have are the same line as hre and cost few hundred less but its a custom made 3 piece forged wheel ,same concept as hre .and as far as 20's being a baller wheel its not a ballerwheel. its just what u wanna pay for. I went the high end on everything i bought so i know it would last a long time and not give me a headache later down the road.I built my car for me to wake up and be happy to own it .I guess me being from the south big wheels are whats in and ive always had wheels bigger then 20's.just gets to me when people have never road in a car on 20's but they know all about how bad it should ride or whatever, just my.02 not trying to piss anyone off just trying to see why people knock 20's so hard (and i guess cmf will always be on my case for calling him out long time ago)

If calling me out is you finally coming to senses about buying the TSX in the first place, and finally posting pics after me and a few others riding you for saying you had a long ass list of stuff you would never show, then I guess you did. :rolleyes:

In regards to high end, I think you might wanna swap out some parts, especially that hood. It's far from top notch.

To me it seems you like to make it sound like if eveyone didn't drop as much cash on their ride (namely wheels) as you, that their car isn't so hot. You should reread some of your threads and you'll see a trend there. Everyone has their own taste. So be it.

Point is, 20's on a low profile tire is gonna be rough. Think that is what this thread was initially about. :dunno:

kaikai114 02-15-2005 08:56 PM

Like you said before, all of us below 20s are "baby dubs", why dont you show us some pics of your car, impress us the least to say :)

cmf 02-15-2005 08:59 PM

Like you said before, all of us below 20s are "baby dubs", why dont you show us some pics of your car, impress us the least to say :)

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19746

GSGOMEZ 02-15-2005 09:32 PM

Hey guy, calm down, bro! Everyone has their different opinions on size of wheels on TSX.

kaikai114 02-15-2005 09:38 PM

chrome just aint my thang but i like the kenstyle kit and the brake upgrade, good job on that. IMHO those rims in 18 or 19s dechromed would look pretty good on the TSX... BABY DUBS for life! :D

tsxondubs, nobody's being hard on 20s, we love em just like we love all 17,18,19s. It's all about personality, some people are goofy, some more layback, some are simply bling bling, they all stand out in their own ways :thumbsup:

cmf 02-15-2005 10:05 PM

chrome just aint my thang but i like the kenstyle kit and the brake upgrade, good job on that. IMHO those rims in 18 or 19s dechromed would look pretty good on the TSX... BABY DUBS for life! :D

tsxondubs, nobody's being hard on 20s, we love em just like we love all 17,18,19s. It's all about personality, some people are goofy, some more layback, some are simply bling bling, they all stand out in their own ways :thumbsup:

:werd:

ourquieta 02-15-2005 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by EURORTSX
ride quality with aftermarket suspension changes no matter what just like xizor said...i am only dropped on a-spec and the ride is noticeably different. as for rim size, i think 19s and 18s are both perfect for our car, after all, if your looking to get 20 inch showy rims, you picked the wrong car to do that on

I think everyone gets too personal about the way thier cars look

1. Who paid for the wheels
2. Who cares what other people think
3. If you care too much what other people think, then don't post pics of your ride
4. A-SPEC no spec, all a matter of opinion and taste

AFter all, it's YOU that should be happy with what your car looks like and not other people. So if any has an opionion whether negative or positive, take it and eat it or just throw it away!

Word Out@!

228 02-15-2005 11:54 PM

20s will rise up ur car too much......coz i got 19s....with prokit....and i think 19s brings my ride up a lot.....

kaikai114 02-16-2005 01:58 AM

we're just a bunch of bitches who like to complain. now we've made up, kissed and hugged with love... onto the next topic for more shit to talk about :D

tsxondubs 02-16-2005 12:54 PM

my wheels are high pollished right now .In a few weeks they will be color matched cgp for the next big show i go to .my wheels weight right in at 25lbs so they dont seem to slow me down that much from what i can tell .i know my hood was a cheapo carbon hood but fits good and looks good to me .I plan on turboing my car as soon as a turbo kit comes out .I have 20's for show i dont drive the car very much at all .

kaikai114 02-16-2005 03:56 PM

my wheels are high pollished right now .In a few weeks they will be color matched cgp for the next big show i go to .my wheels weight right in at 25lbs so they dont seem to slow me down that much from what i can tell .i know my hood was a cheapo carbon hood but fits good and looks good to me .I plan on turboing my car as soon as a turbo kit comes out .I have 20's for show i dont drive the car very much at all .

wow, color matched to CGP? that'd be a sight, def post some pics when they're available. and for god sakes, get a new camera or digital camera dood, those pics you got on cardomain are friggin' tiny :ugh:

-K

tsxondubs 02-16-2005 04:24 PM

I had to shrink the pics down to make it load up some what easy i have a 600 dollar cybershot that takes nice pics just load up so damn slow when they are full size .

xizor 02-16-2005 06:15 PM

I had to shrink the pics down to make it load up some what easy i have a 600 dollar cybershot that takes nice pics just load up so damn slow when they are full size .

maybe you need to invest in a better internet connection then. i don't think we'd mind waiting for loading times if you posted high res ones.

Dan Martin 02-16-2005 07:39 PM

http://www.picasa.com/index.php

^^ makes resizing pics easy and it's free

tsxondubs 02-18-2005 12:00 PM

Hey guys, this is Davids GF, no need to be so hatred! We just got the camera and are still trying to figure everything out on it! Here are some better pics for you!

The 20's do ride really well to be honest with you. I guess it all depends on what kind of tires you have. The 35 series is a little small, but you dont have too many choices with a 20" wheel on a TSX :) I drive it, and love how it rides. Definately does not ride rough at all!

http://i.snapandshare.com/3765/3152/59636.jpg

http://i.snapandshare.com/3765/3152/59635.jpg

http://i.snapandshare.com/3765/3152/41981.jpg

http://i.snapandshare.com/3765/3152/41983.jpg

virtualbong 02-18-2005 12:12 PM

When you get tired of those iForged rims, give me a call. I love those rims even though I wish they were 18s or maybe even 19s.

kaikai114 02-18-2005 01:13 PM

wow.... see how a nice picture can really make your car look totally different. good job tsxondubs, gotta love that kenstyle kit :thumbsup:

Dan Martin 02-18-2005 01:24 PM

Woah... tinted windshield??? That can't be legal....

dzuy 02-18-2005 01:25 PM

i read on the other forum something about his gf busting him for something!?!?

35 series on 20 inch rims? hmm. i wonder what tire size it is.

i'm running 235/35 - 19 on mine.

i never heard of iforged rims until i came to this forum.

i'm plenty happy with my 19 inch volks :troutslap

tsxondubs 02-20-2005 12:59 PM

yeah the windshield is tinted 28% like all the windows are keeps the car cooler since no sun gets in .iforged is along the same line as hre

GSGOMEZ 02-20-2005 04:16 PM

Hey, tsxondubs, I don't know that you put 28% tint on windshield, I don't like sunny come out thru windshield during the spring or summer time. I wonder if it is legal or illegal. your CG TSX looked great!!! :thumbsup:

MemRheins 02-20-2005 05:05 PM

20 Inch Rims are Too Small If U wanna Be a PLAYA DOG...Theze Are the Shitz Playa...These are the Shitz..56 Inch Rimz Bro...56 Inches Nigga...now this is what all me boys been Riddin on... 56 Inch Spinnerz...anythin under 40 Inches is a Baby Dub...Now Dont Be Hatin...but u all be rollin on Babby Dubs
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...0_227_full.jpg
This is how we Be Rollin...Dont Be Hatin!...Crown Vic on 46 Inch Dubs
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...0_228_full.jpg
Pimped out Escalade
http://www.urbanautoaccessories.com/...uge%20Rims.jpg

MemRheins 02-20-2005 05:19 PM

30's....Baby Dubs but they aint to bad...this shitz hot...H2 W/ an Escalade Front
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...0_229_full.jpg
My Man OuTcAsT's H2 Ridin on 30's Yo
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...0_220_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member.../195480_33.jpg
Please note: Scary Fact, Only the Crown Vic is photoshop

Tsx536 02-20-2005 06:00 PM

^^:pofl:

EURORTSX 02-20-2005 07:47 PM

why do people do that to their cars...sometimes there is just a limit...