2007 TSX struts need replacing

Old 01-31-2018, 11:36 AM
TyM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 TSX struts need replacing

I took my TSX to the shop about a week ago. I was told my front suspension was in pretty bad shape. Which I figured something was wrong because I kept hearing a noise coming from underneath the car and it just hadn’t been riding smooth. Especially when I would brake at a stop sign or a red light. So it looks like I’m going to have to get struts put on the front. I’ve been told you should replace parts like these in a set. That way your car shouldn’t have any balancing issues. At this point I’ve decided to purchase the parts myself to save some money. So I did a Google search and got some results back. Some of the parts and manufacturers I was familiar with. And a few others not so much. Like these right here Buy 1830-FS | 4213-0470, 4213-0470,341330, 72123. They’re on a site called APX. It seems like APX offers a lifetime warranty. Which is a nobrainer if you ask me. And the price seems reasonable. I know I need to make a decision soon but is there anything else I should consider?
Old 01-31-2018, 11:55 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
if you did a little more digging; you would have found out that the shocks being offered on APX is made by SENSEN.
SENSEN® was established in 1985. As a professional automotive shock absorber manufacturer and exporter, SENSEN® has developed into a company that integrates research, production and sales of shocks and struts with an annual production capacity of 7 million pieces, covering near to 5500 items. SENSEN® supplies to both OEM manufacturers and the Aftermarket. Our quality system is certified by ISO9001: 2000, and ISO/TS 16949:2009. SENSEN® North America has 3 distribution centers in the United States and is actively seeking distribution partners from Canada to Latin America.
  • Manufacturing since 1985
  • OE supplier to European manufacturers for the domestic China market
  • ISO/TS 16949:2009 approved manufacturer
  • Intertek Global Audited
  • DongFeng OE Quality Award 2016
  • OES Audit Approved
  • QA Inspectors within each Department
  • Japanese TPS Management
  • Tool & Equipment Calibration Program
  • Family Owned & Managed
  • New Factory: December 2012 Factory Expansion Underway 2017 (50% Capacity Increase)
SENSEN also carries a lifetime warranty on their products.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:37 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,163 Likes on 874 Posts
The lifetime warranty shouldn't sell you.

If you have a weld failure or something whilst driving 80mph, your first thought won't be "good thing the shocks have a warranty".

That also won't be your thought when you discover that the company will warranty it....if you jump through their hoops...and you're fine with paying for labour to replace the component.

If the car sits 1" higher or lower per corner, and the company says "that's normal and not warranteeable"...you're stuck with what you have. Same if the ride quality is bad. Or if the parts cause an issue with another component.

I'm not saying the parts you've chosen are automatically junk or that you'll definitely have issues. But consider MORE than the warranty terms when making a purchase.

Research the company further and find out if you feel good about the purchase..

I think KYB sells fully assembled shock assemblies for the TSX. They're inexpensive, and they have a decent reputation. Also a lifetime warranty.

Acura definitely sells full assemblies. They're more pricey...but are the best option in terms of overall quality. Your stock ones didn't come with a lifetime warranty...but they still worked for probably well over 150K miles.

Don't buy the warranty...buy the product.
The following users liked this post:
justnspace (01-31-2018)
Old 08-07-2018, 07:01 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BROlando
The lifetime warranty shouldn't sell you.

If you have a weld failure or something whilst driving 80mph, your first thought won't be "good thing the shocks have a warranty".

That also won't be your thought when you discover that the company will warranty it....if you jump through their hoops...and you're fine with paying for labour to replace the component.

If the car sits 1" higher or lower per corner, and the company says "that's normal and not warranteeable"...you're stuck with what you have. Same if the ride quality is bad. Or if the parts cause an issue with another component.

I'm not saying the parts you've chosen are automatically junk or that you'll definitely have issues. But consider MORE than the warranty terms when making a purchase.

Research the company further and find out if you feel good about the purchase..

I think KYB sells fully assembled shock assemblies for the TSX. They're inexpensive, and they have a decent reputation. Also a lifetime warranty.

Acura definitely sells full assemblies. They're more pricey...but are the best option in terms of overall quality. Your stock ones didn't come with a lifetime warranty...but they still worked for probably well over 150K miles.

Don't buy the warranty...buy the product.
anyone has any info on the fully assembled rear struts for a 2008? I called my local shop to have both rears replaced (one side is blown) and the man says he can’t find them anywhere. I also have been lookin online and can’t really run into much.

do the rears even come assembled? And if not, anyone know where I can find the springs, I see plenty of rear struts but not the springs.

best,
Old 08-10-2018, 11:59 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 185 Likes on 150 Posts
1. The TSX doesn't have struts, it has shocks. You might want to "Google" shocks. People know what you mean when you say strut, but Google might not.
2. I don't think KYB makes assemblies (shock & spring) for the TSX. They do make the shocks.
The Accord assemblies might fit and work but the springs will be softer.
I used the KYB assemblies on my son's Accord and they work great.
Old 08-11-2018, 11:01 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,163 Likes on 874 Posts
Acura sells assemblies.

You cant use Accord assemblies unless you're willing to machine the rear bushings down about 1/8" per face, per side.