WANTED: DRAG Gen 4 Turbo Prototype TSX!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2004, 07:57 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WANTED: DRAG Gen 4 Turbo Prototype TSX!!!

DRAG is looking for a TSX use as a prototype vehicle for the Gen 4 turbo kit.

You must be local or willing to drive your car to us. The entire process will take 3-4 weeks. The cost of all parts and installation labor is only $2700.00. What you get back in return is the first DRAG Gen 4 turbo TSX in existence. Email or PM if you are interested.
Old 01-10-2004, 09:15 PM
Stokeless

dude your nuts..2700 for me to let you use my car as a guinea pig? i dont think so. I have had sponsors in the past on other cars and anytime there is some R&D involved the doner car pays nothing. i can get a custom turbo kit with a t3/t4 done for 2700...why would i let someone use my car to make money off of something my car was used to test and i get nothin for it? Think your on the wrong site if you think your gonna get someone to pay you to blow thier motor. now if yo were to say have osmeone donate thier car for all the R&D and testing and pay nothin but get to keep the prototype kit and if you blow the engine you get them a new one. I see plenty of people jumping at that and your company could make some money on a tested kit. now i would be interested in a turbo kit when your company has one thats tested and you have a way to tune the TSX ECU let me know ill be one of the first onthe waiting list
Old 01-11-2004, 12:42 AM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/show...&threadid=5733
Old 01-11-2004, 06:08 PM
Racer

Originally posted by Stokeless_TSX
dude your nuts..2700 for me to let you use my car as a guinea pig? i dont think so. I have had sponsors in the past on other cars and anytime there is some R&D involved the doner car pays nothing. i can get a custom turbo kit with a t3/t4 done for 2700...why would i let someone use my car to make money off of something my car was used to test and i get nothin for it? Think your on the wrong site if you think your gonna get someone to pay you to blow thier motor. now if yo were to say have osmeone donate thier car for all the R&D and testing and pay nothin but get to keep the prototype kit and if you blow the engine you get them a new one. I see plenty of people jumping at that and your company could make some money on a tested kit. now i would be interested in a turbo kit when your company has one thats tested and you have a way to tune the TSX ECU let me know ill be one of the first onthe waiting list
I second that
Old 01-15-2004, 10:55 AM
cmf
ATCer

That's what I would want to do. Be the "first" with this turbo kit, and the "first" with a blown engine. Sign me up! NOT! How about you pay me 2700 and give me a loaner car to get back from where you are located, buy me a new TSX with NAVI since I don't have NAVI, and you can keep my car and destroy it. DEAL?!
Old 01-15-2004, 11:16 AM
Stokeless

man this guy just came to the wrong site with that BS huh lol
Old 01-15-2004, 01:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Stokeless_TSX
thanks for the turbo and blown motor? what? i still owe you $2700
Old 01-15-2004, 02:18 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
ben@importparts.com is actually a very nice guy and quite popular over at the honda site. He has provided deals on many products for members of that site as well as on www.groupbuycenter.com . However, I think the turbo offering is addressed to the wrong crowd. Since our TSX is still so new and no one wants to risk it as a guinea pig, especially you have pay for it.
Old 01-15-2004, 08:49 PM
Stokeless

I dont doubt he is a nice guy, or that he hooks people up. Its just you cant expect people to pay to have thier motor damaged. If they were to put in writing that i got all parts and labor free for the donation of my vehicle and any damag would be covered by them and fixed before delivery of the car back to me i would do it. But im not payin anyone 2700 to mess with the car and see what works and what doesnt.