I was out driving late last night

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005 | 07:56 AM
TSX

Arrow I was out driving late last night

just cruising around town, music blasting, sunroof open, just chillin'. I just got out hanging with some friends at a bar and wanted to clear my mind before I went home. I meet up with a couple of cars at a light who wanted to have some "fun", engines reving and the like. One was a 2.2 CL and another one was a Ford Explorer.

So I thought I play along. I beat the CL off the line and quickly breezed by. The Ford Explorer caught up and the CL turned off and I meet up with the SUV at the next light. I really wanted to stop there but the guy didn't want to so I played along.

I beat the guy off the line and he catches up to me on a straight away. I knew there were some twist and turns coming up and we were going at least 60-70mph. I stopped accelerating and I know the TSX can take those turns and I knew what was about to happen. The Ford did not put on his brakes so it proceeded into the turns at about 60mph and as I sat back I could almost see the Explorer tip over ( or leaning way too much). I of course took the twist and turns fine at about 55mph. The Explorer was a little ahead of me and I could see him jerking to regain control after the twist and I was scared shitless thinking the guy could tip over (if not the first time).

I let him go as we went into the straight away again and went on about my way. I have never done anything like this before and it's funny how when people see you with a "sporty" car they always want to race. I usually never cave in but was curious on what the TSX could do. It proved me right so I'm going to lay low for a while. I see how people can get hurt with this type of driving behavior.

My
Old 07-10-2005 | 11:12 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Savio
just cruising around town, music blasting, sunroof open, just chillin'. I just got out hanging with some friends at a bar and wanted to clear my mind before I went home. I meet up with a couple of cars at a light who wanted to have some "fun", engines reving and the like. One was a 2.2 CL and another one was a Ford Explorer.

So I thought I play along. I beat the CL off the line and quickly breezed by. The Ford Explorer caught up and the CL turned off and I meet up with the SUV at the next light. I really wanted to stop there but the guy didn't want to so I played along.

I beat the guy off the line and he catches up to me on a straight away. I knew there were some twist and turns coming up and we were going at least 60-70mph. I stopped accelerating and I know the TSX can take those turns and I knew what was about to happen. The Ford did not put on his brakes so it proceeded into the turns at about 60mph and as I sat back I could almost see the Explorer tip over ( or leaning way too much). I of course took the twist and turns fine at about 55mph. The Explorer was a little ahead of me and I could see him jerking to regain control after the twist and I was scared shitless thinking the guy could tip over (if not the first time).

I let him go as we went into the straight away again and went on about my way. I have never done anything like this before and it's funny how when people see you with a "sporty" car they always want to race. I usually never cave in but was curious on what the TSX could do. It proved me right so I'm going to lay low for a while. I see how people can get hurt with this type of driving behavior.

My

lol, The TSX seems to look fast for some reason so lots of people think its fast but dont realize we only have a 4 banger. That driver was stupid as well taking corners that fast in his SUV. Good thing you didnt try to race him. He could;ve rolled over onto you.