I finally got my 6MT into the 14's.........Hoorah!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 12:56 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why don't you guys just race....
Old 10-22-2007, 01:31 AM
Special-K

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kyotousa
why don't you guys just race....
This really didnt start with a who's faster than who.. just alot of talk about his car being something thats kinda unbelievable and him not caring to show proof of anything. No dyno graph, no time slips, just names of parts that he had donated to his car and street cred.. This forum isnt the street so i just never got why he doesnt relize this. This isnt about me and him.. I know my car isnt fast but i also know that if i came here saying that i beat something thats not even in my league when it comes to performance or times only posted once from a N/A TSX, i better have some type of proof! I mean.. you are here to brag right?? Even if we race, it still has nothing to do with him beating a G35 or him running 14.8 once! He's suppose to beat me because his mods tell how the story should end. If we run and he does 15.0 and i clock 15.1 or even 15.2... is he really faster? A stock G35 can run a consistant 14.5 or lower.. his TSX cant.. mine cant! You can shut up a hater with proof..
Old 10-22-2007, 03:02 AM
Burning Brakes

if you race him ...you'll know it's believable or not.

So he ran a 14.8...maybe that G35 just ran a 14.9 who knows
Old 10-22-2007, 08:55 AM
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by PrecyseStylez
I cant see your car weighing in at 3100..i remember last time i ran over the weigh station and it read 3600+... no way you in your car is 400lbs. less than me in my TSX.. and i weigh 180lbs. also.

I must be fucking crazy or something! You guys are like women that dont trust any man because she thinks are men are dogs! Unless the scale at the track was broke thats what the damn car weighed in at 3295 with me and I weigh 180 so thats 3115 w/o me! I put many hours of time and labor to cut that weight so I know it better be lighter. It kills me how little pieces of paper solves all problems when that doesnt mean shit when you dont have proof of what car it came from!! I could collect time slips at the track all day from other cars and pick one to post! Same for dynos! Hell I could go online and post a dyno from another car! We waste so much time hating!! Hating is a weak emotion!! Just man up and say thats good. As hard as it was for me to get into the 14's I didnt give you shit about you running that time and missing a gear. I just said to myself "well his car is fast and he is a good driver".

Remember to shut up a hater with proof means you have something to prove.......I dont. If you do or dont I dont care. Need advice, help I got you.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:21 AM
RIP MxOJuic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I really don't feel like reading 4 pages of arguing so I have seen UNEVAKNO @ 214. He is pretty fast. You guys should come out sometime down there and he'll show you!!!
Old 10-22-2007, 10:45 AM
Special-K

Originally Posted by UNEVAKNO
I must be fucking crazy or something! You guys are like women that dont trust any man because she thinks are men are dogs! Unless the scale at the track was broke thats what the damn car weighed in at 3295 with me and I weigh 180 so thats 3115 w/o me! I put many hours of time and labor to cut that weight so I know it better be lighter. It kills me how little pieces of paper solves all problems when that doesnt mean shit when you dont have proof of what car it came from!! I could collect time slips at the track all day from other cars and pick one to post! Same for dynos! Hell I could go online and post a dyno from another car! We waste so much time hating!! Hating is a weak emotion!! Just man up and say thats good. As hard as it was for me to get into the 14's I didnt give you shit about you running that time and missing a gear. I just said to myself "well his car is fast and he is a good driver".

Remember to shut up a hater with proof means you have something to prove.......I dont. If you do or dont I dont care. Need advice, help I got you.
So how many runs did you make at the track? and were your times before the 14.8? I gave you props when i read it.. read back. I just didnt like how you came off with not wanting to post any proof because "people in VA/MD that street race know you.." who says that?? And you did a swap that no one thinks is possible so why would you hold out on dyno's? If anyone can post a fake dyno or a fake 1/4 mile time slip.. then you can come on here and say you ran a fake 14.8.. atleast you show some paper work. I believe the launch is what will get you into the 14's. A consistant 2.1 60' or lower and your there with minimal mods..
Old 10-22-2007, 12:17 PM
I Quit

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
ok so now we are relying on weight as the winning factor?

03 G35 Sedan (base model) curb weight: 3,336
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...14/ai_85009253
Old 10-22-2007, 12:22 PM
I Quit

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts

03 G35 Sedan (base model) curb weight: 3,336lbs

04 - 06 TSX curb weight: 3,230lbs
http://consumerguideauto.howstuffwor...cura-tsx-4.htm

So you claim to have shaved off 130lbs, I would like to know where?

Also, even at 3100lbs the G35 would have still beat you pulling consistent high 14's. R&T mag, does not subject the car to extraordinary 1/4 miles, they are all reasonable numbers that most drivers could acheive by stomping on the gas.

We don't believe you because we pull up proof, dynos, 1/4mi, 0-60, and now weigt, and every time you disregard it showing none of your own.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:58 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by clee109

03 G35 Sedan (base model) curb weight: 3,336lbs

04 - 06 TSX curb weight: 3,230lbs
http://consumerguideauto.howstuffwor...cura-tsx-4.htm

So you claim to have shaved off 130lbs, I would like to know where?

Also, even at 3100lbs the G35 would have still beat you pulling consistent high 14's. R&T mag, does not subject the car to extraordinary 1/4 miles, they are all reasonable numbers that most drivers could acheive by stomping on the gas.

We don't believe you because we pull up proof, dynos, 1/4mi, 0-60, and now weigt, and every time you disregard it showing none of your own.
man, thats so true, we don't even talk about people who pulled low 14s on stock G35 autos, you gave him a worst times for G.And 2003 G is an early model(260hp), he said "late model" which is 280 hp, those are a consistant mid to low 14s. And of course there is a 6 speed G35 coupe, proven to pull high 13s with good driver.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:07 PM
B A N N E D

Post Up Time Slip Plzzzzzz For The Love Of God
Old 10-22-2007, 05:06 PM
Special-K

Originally Posted by hyunk24a2
Post Up Time Slip Plzzzzzz For The Love Of God
And a dyno graph!
Old 11-12-2007, 01:39 PM
Racer

Here's my runs last week. I ran 14.9 twice and one 15.1
With better tires and a better launch the car should run mid 14's
I will work on that for the 2008 season.

https://acurazine.com/forums/acurazine-clubs-meets-15/mir-world-cup-finals-any-takers-377395/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fafcwCqWsn0

By the way I was the only TSX at the track that day and Mr.Stylez was a no show.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:49 PM
Special-K

Your damn right i was a no show..haha. You never said you were gonna run.. you said something about "not wanting to mess up your motor like last time" and that you were gonna "spectate.." im not driving to maryland for no reason. nice runs though..
Old 11-13-2007, 09:09 AM
Racer

Your damn right i was a no show..haha. You never said you were gonna run.. you said something about "not wanting to mess up your motor like last time" and that you were gonna "spectate.." im not driving to maryland for no reason. nice runs though..
Thank you sir! I wanted to surprise you! I could back down from a challenge!! They doubted my ride and I couldnt have that. If I didnt have some dry rotted tires on cold asphalt it would have done better. I still wanted to spectate you should have seen me running back / forth from the stands to my car.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:55 AM
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Glad to see you post the vid...finally. Been reading here since your O.P, and was getting tired of all the hating going on. BTW, nice runs!
Old 11-13-2007, 12:20 PM
Special-K

Thank you sir! I wanted to surprise you! I could back down from a challenge!! They doubted my ride and I couldnt have that. If I didnt have some dry rotted tires on cold asphalt it would have done better. I still wanted to spectate you should have seen me running back / forth from the stands to my car.
Why didnt you run with better tires!?
Old 11-13-2007, 04:57 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Maesm81
Glad to see you post the vid...finally. Been reading here since your O.P, and was getting tired of all the hating going on. BTW, nice runs!
Thanks !
Old 11-13-2007, 05:04 PM
Racer

Why didnt you run with better tires!?
It was a last minute thing. Plus the rims didnt belong to me yet but Im trying to convince my friend to sell them to me so I can put drag radials on two of them. But believe me I knew when I could come from a 30mph roll in 1st gear punch it / still blow the tires out then chirp 2nd / 3rd that it wasnt going to be good (traction wise) at the track. But considering the circumstances it did well and was pretty consistant.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:36 PM
Advanced

Glad to see you could run that fast. If you would have said 13s, then I would be highly doubtful. Im sure someone could do it with a racing setup and extensive weight reduction, but our cars just dont have the torque off the line. Too much weight and little torque. I guess Im stating the obvious. As for taking the G35 on the street, I completely believe it. It could have been ragged out and an auto. Whereas if you stay in high rpms and vtec on the highway, well I played with a 525 and took it easily on the highway. Also played with a 98 m3 sedan and while it took me, it was nothing convincing. I just stay in 3rd and 4th.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:52 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
absolutely can not believe I read all 4 pages...not every word though...

but props to you for being RELATIVELY curteous on most of your posts while all this hating is going on

nice runs man!! glad to see a japanese 4-bangers spanking them redneck muscles!!

for the G35 ordeal, man...anything can happen on the road, maybe the G35 had a radar detector and it went off? or maybe he's a noob who just got his first manual car and miss-shifted? or he was just a 500 lb man who is falling asleep...

but again, way to go for your runs.

one thing I don't agree with though...your USDM A-SPEC Front lip is not "JDM"

and may I suggest getting a bigger acura sign for your trunk...

God bless

Kevin
Old 11-16-2007, 10:27 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by financeman1
Glad to see you could run that fast. If you would have said 13s, then I would be highly doubtful. Im sure someone could do it with a racing setup and extensive weight reduction, but our cars just dont have the torque off the line. Too much weight and little torque. I guess Im stating the obvious. As for taking the G35 on the street, I completely believe it. It could have been ragged out and an auto. Whereas if you stay in high rpms and vtec on the highway, well I played with a 525 and took it easily on the highway. Also played with a 98 m3 sedan and while it took me, it was nothing convincing. I just stay in 3rd and 4th.
Thank you
Old 11-16-2007, 10:35 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by bluesolara
absolutely can not believe I read all 4 pages...not every word though...

but props to you for being RELATIVELY curteous on most of your posts while all this hating is going on

nice runs man!! glad to see a japanese 4-bangers spanking them redneck muscles!!

for the G35 ordeal, man...anything can happen on the road, maybe the G35 had a radar detector and it went off? or maybe he's a noob who just got his first manual car and miss-shifted? or he was just a 500 lb man who is falling asleep...

but again, way to go for your runs.

one thing I don't agree with though...your USDM A-SPEC Front lip is not "JDM"

and may I suggest getting a bigger acura sign for your trunk...

God bless

Kevin
Thank you for the props on the run.

As for the G35 , my car has a dramatic increase in pull after 75 mph so you can joke all you want or believe what you want but dont sleep on my car.

Car domain doesnt have a wide variety of options so since the front lip is offered overseas the name fit.

As for the Acura emblem I wanted to eliminate it so instead I just used a smaller one. You are the 1st to not like it but that really doesnt matter beacuse it is my car. Thank you for your opinion though.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:31 PM
Instructor

Hmm, high 14s pretty impressive for modded TSX, but still not enough to beat well driven G35, not coupe, not sedan, not 6 speed, not auto. Your car pulls "hard" after 75mph,compared to what??? dude, get into G35 6speed, you'll be ashamed with your car power at any point of acceleration. TSX around here don't even wanna play, the ones that did, were left far behind in dust, even from 75-120 pull more than bus length.
You did beat a driver, not a car!!!
Old 11-19-2007, 07:01 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by tommy020
Hmm, high 14s pretty impressive for modded TSX, but still not enough to beat well driven G35, not coupe, not sedan, not 6 speed, not auto. Your car pulls "hard" after 75mph,compared to what??? dude, get into G35 6speed, you'll be ashamed with your car power at any point of acceleration. TSX around here don't even wanna play, the ones that did, were left far behind in dust, even from 75-120 pull more than bus length.
You did beat a driver, not a car!!!
First off "Dude" my name is Dave.

Second Thank you for the props on the track time it took hard work to get it there with the DBW still intact.

Third I will never be ashamed of my cars acceleration because it is a 200hp TSX not a 40,000 287hp Nissan 350z disguised as a G35 and I take credit for the performance improvements not Honda.

Fourth you can bet your balls no stock first gen G35 especially a auto will ever pull a bus length on my car. All TSX's you know or know of dont run like mine. Trust me on that! Just beacuse you see my car run 14.9 on tape does not mean it is not faster. Always remember a true racer never reveals all of his secrets.( And no my secrets dont involve NOS)
Old 11-19-2007, 01:36 PM
Special-K

A highway race i could believe you may have beat one. I once raced one on the highway and stayed even with him 3rd and 4th and 5th wouldnt engadge. Back when my tranny was messed up. I dont know what gear the guy dropped to but i was even with him. But from a stand still?.. that car has alot of pull. After knowing i kept up with that G35 i thought i'd do the same against my dad in his 350Z.. wow! i was in 2nd and went redline to 3rd at 6k rpm's he actually stopped to match my speed and then pulled like 2 cars instantly and kept pulling! That was crazy.. and after he said.. "well atleast you look fast". He's an azz! 14.8/14.9 is fast for a TSX.. but against a G35 those numbers arent good enough. A true racer reveals all and then says "beat that!" and also says.. "It doesnt matter if you win by foot or a mile.. a win is a win" haha "had me?.. you never had your car!" haha j/k
Old 11-19-2007, 02:09 PM
Racer

A highway race i could believe you may have beat one. I once raced one on the highway and stayed even with him 3rd and 4th and 5th wouldnt engadge. Back when my tranny was messed up. I dont know what gear the guy dropped to but i was even with him. But from a stand still?.. that car has alot of pull. After knowing i kept up with that G35 i thought i'd do the same against my dad in his 350Z.. wow! i was in 2nd and went redline to 3rd at 6k rpm's he actually stopped to match my speed and then pulled like 2 cars instantly and kept pulling! That was crazy.. and after he said.. "well atleast you look fast". He's an azz! 14.8/14.9 is fast for a TSX.. but against a G35 those numbers arent good enough. A true racer reveals all and then says "beat that!" and also says.. "It doesnt matter if you win by foot or a mile.. a win is a win" haha "had me?.. you never had your car!" haha j/k
Thats good shit man! And you are right I can hang w/ a G35 from a roll but not off the line. They are about a half second faster. But that is not a big difference. That white RSX I raced down the track ran a 14.6 and we were side by side so a 14.3 which is what most G35's run is not a hugh difference.My car is faster than a 14.9 trust me but Im not willing to risk breaking axles by using slicks. Yet. And I dont ever give all my secrets about anything in life I like to keep them guessing. Many racers make you think they are being honest and telling you everything about their cars then you get a rude awakening when they take your money or car keys!
Old 11-19-2007, 11:07 PM
Special-K

Thats good shit man! And you are right I can hang w/ a G35 from a roll but not off the line. They are about a half second faster. But that is not a big difference. That white RSX I raced down the track ran a 14.6 and we were side by side so a 14.3 which is what most G35's run is not a hugh difference.My car is faster than a 14.9 trust me but Im not willing to risk breaking axles by using slicks. Yet. And I dont ever give all my secrets about anything in life I like to keep them guessing. Many racers make you think they are being honest and telling you everything about their cars then you get a rude awakening when they take your money or car keys!
I drive around with my friend all the time in his G35 and there is power everywhere! Doesnt matter which rpm.. car just picks up. He also has an 07 model.. its just really quick on stock 19's.. But even modded with regular bolt ons its a G35 is a challange for any TSX.. even supercharged!
Old 11-20-2007, 08:34 AM
Racer

I drive around with my friend all the time in his G35 and there is power everywhere! Doesnt matter which rpm.. car just picks up. He also has an 07 model.. its just really quick on stock 19's.. But even modded with regular bolt ons its a G35 is a challange for any TSX.. even supercharged!
I dont doubt that but the car I ran was not a 07 model for sure. My car with the mods I have feels like whole different monster than it did stock. So stock I would not even try a G35. The TSX has so much untapped potential it is unreal. If you have the time ,patience and money to cut thru the "refinement fat of the Acura" to get to the raw Honda it was meant to be you will create a monster.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:20 PM
Instructor

I dont doubt that but the car I ran was not a 07 model for sure. My car with the mods I have feels like whole different monster than it did stock. So stock I would not even try a G35. The TSX has so much untapped potential it is unreal. If you have the time ,patience and money to cut thru the "refinement fat of the Acura" to get to the raw Honda it was meant to be you will create a monster.
Think I should of bought a faster car.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:41 PM
Special-K

Originally Posted by onebadtsx
Think I should of bought a faster car.
Did you not know that before you purchased it?..
Old 05-21-2009, 10:39 AM
Instructor

Did you not know that before you purchased it?..
Yea but I liked the tsx. I guess I really wanted something fun and fast then classy. I will save up a little bit more then sell it.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:59 PM
Advanced

um... do you folks realize it's 1 and a half year apart from the last post by OP?
Oh yeah, i can't believe i read all 3 pages word by word. Good to know a 4 banger can do that.
Man what's with the old car in the video doing wheelies??? What kind of setup? 400+ HP?
Old 05-31-2009, 09:19 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by lemonade
um... do you folks realize it's 1 and a half year apart from the last post by OP?
Oh yeah, i can't believe i read all 3 pages word by word. Good to know a 4 banger can do that.
Man what's with the old car in the video doing wheelies??? What kind of setup? 400+ HP?
Yeah that was some time ago!! LMAO I cracked up when I saw it up again!!
I still have my TSX but I have a new project my focus is going to now. A DSM 7G Galant. Its so easy to just go out and purchase something fast. I enjoy making cars fast that gives you more to take pride in. Especially when you just whipped some new fast car with a HO V6/V8 and the owner swears you have NOS or turbo. And I say no...its just a 4 cylinder.
And those cars were doing wheelies all day!!