Franconia Road - raced a CG TSX

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2003, 10:29 AM
VTECSTASY!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Franconia Road - raced a CG TSX

Yesterday - Sunday, i ran into a CG w/ lip package on Franconia Road in Springfield. It was a young white guy with a hat on. After giving him a thumbs-up ( i give all TSXs i see a thumbs up ) we drove side by side for a couple miles. Once we hit a clearing in traffic, I notice him pulling away. So i downshift into 3rd and go after him. Him and I even out around 80-90 and gun it... I was going too fast to drop it back into 3rd so I just floor it in 4th. I couldn't tell if his was an auto or 6MT, or even if he was gunning it, but I pulled significantly (about half a car lenth). Pretty good run... we shut down at around 105-110. Was that anyone on this site??
Old 12-01-2003, 11:26 AM
Suzuka Master

You were going 110 on Franconia Road?!?!

Wasn't me...
Old 12-01-2003, 01:40 PM
VTECSTASY!

Originally posted by ClutchPerformer
You were going 110 on Franconia Road?!?!

Wasn't me...
I know it SOUNDS crazy! Franconia road is known for cops because of the government center. But this was WAAAY past that. Right before you get to Lee High School going towards Old Keene Mill, there is an overpass that skips all the lights and the I-95 onramps. The road splits and the left takes you on that overpass which leads straight onto Old Keene Mill. We started at the beginning of the overpass and shut down right before merging into traffic. No traffic, two lanes, straight road. I always make it a point not to drive too recklessly. I know when to draw the line.
Old 12-01-2003, 11:40 PM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by onenonlieTSX
I know it SOUNDS crazy! Franconia road is known for cops because of the government center. But this was WAAAY past that. Right before you get to Lee High School going towards Old Keene Mill, there is an overpass that skips all the lights and the I-95 onramps. The road splits and the left takes you on that overpass which leads straight onto Old Keene Mill. We started at the beginning of the overpass and shut down right before merging into traffic. No traffic, two lanes, straight road. I always make it a point not to drive too recklessly. I know when to draw the line.
Funny thing is, I know exactly where you're talking about. That is fun. My friend lives in Burke.
Old 12-02-2003, 03:44 PM
Suzuka Master

.... towards Old Keene Mill, there is an overpass that skips all the lights and the I-95 onramps...
Gotcha! That makes more sense. Not many cars (or cops) on that thing.

That "bypass-that-doesn't-go-anywhere" was such a waste of time and money, though. In fact, the whole 95 interchange project is ridiculous.
Old 12-02-2003, 03:55 PM
VTECSTASY!

yeah... its pretty pointless but fun to drive on. The interstate project is supposed to be a 10 year project or what not. I'm all for it if it cuts down on the damn traffic around here! I was on 495 last night and the 95 south onramp was backed up at 9PM!! Now THAT is ridiculous! I hope it gets better. Have you seen it lately?? Theres one overpass that looks about 5 stories high... its crazy! Its starting to look like L.A. around here. What happened to good ol Springfield???
Old 12-08-2003, 07:23 PM
9th Gear

I know you pain !!!.....you were some bold cats to run 100+ on franconia!!!
Old 12-09-2003, 01:28 PM
Suzuka Master

....I'm all for it if it cuts down on the damn traffic around here! ...
That's just the thing! I don't think it will. The problem with the 495/395/95 interchange is that there's too many places where people need to merge in a short distance and too many "X"es (where people on the left need to be on the right, and people on the right need to be on the left and have to cross over each other). All the construction and new ramps are doing is moving the Xes around. For example: when you're travelling west on Franconia and want to get on 95 north, you have to be in the middle lane, right? Yet there's always some person in the right lane trying to get over at the last minute. Why? becuase of that ramp that splits for 95 N/S. Same problem, different place. The civil engineers who designed this thing should be fired. And they're spending 12 billion dollars on this (and will be going overbudget!). It's crazy. OK, I'm done ranting...:P
Old 12-31-2003, 07:17 AM
2018 TLX A-SPEC

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
Ha, Yea I hate that light......evey time I go there people are having to slow down for last second mergers who don't want to wait in the long line at that light to go towards 395. SUCKS!