Valuable Lesson

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 02:41 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Valuable Lesson

Hey everyone.

I learned a very valuable lesson today. Make sure you close your sun roof when you get out of your car. You never know when its going to downpour for a few hours during the night.

Luckily not a lot of damage, just an annoying ride to work this morning sitting on a towel.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:03 PM
Time to Climb

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
i've done it before as well. oh well ...
Old 07-26-2007, 03:04 PM
無限 本田 CL9

i thought it was common sense to have all windows of your car closed (including the moonroof) and lock the car when leaving it parked outdoor (especially since we have a windows rolldown module in our remote to handle those hot days) but thanks for sharing anyway
Old 07-26-2007, 03:15 PM
Poser / Fanboi

I've never left it open and been rained on.

That said, I've come out early one morning after a rain, opened the moonroof, taken off... then, as I came to my first stop, had the droplets on top of the car flood in onto me. That sucked.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:34 PM
Ex-King of Pasadena

Originally Posted by hunterk1

That said, I've come out early one morning after a rain, opened the moonroof, taken off... then, as I came to my first stop, had the droplets on top of the car flood in onto me. That sucked.
+1
Old 07-26-2007, 04:40 PM
E92

Received 93 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by evo_to_tsx
i thought it was common sense to have all windows of your car closed (including the moonroof) and lock the car when leaving it parked outdoor (especially since we have a windows rolldown module in our remote to handle those hot days) but thanks for sharing anyway
In our remote? I knew you could do it through the doors, but how do you roll down the windows with the remote?
Old 07-26-2007, 04:42 PM
mrgold35

Received 1,529 Likes on 1,192 Posts
I left the moon roof open in my garage and a big ass spider made its home on the rear view mirror over night. My wife got so freaked out when she got into the car that morning and she wouldn't drive the car for a couple of days until she was absolutely sure there were no more "surprises" waiting for her.

I have to roll up all windows and close the moon roof for now on.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:44 PM
boost owns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Holy shit do I hate this. That's happened to me a couple of times. It pissed me off because I was on my way to work and started panicing to wipe up the water in my car while I was driving, haha. I don't want any watermarks!
Old 07-26-2007, 04:46 PM
mrgold35

Received 1,529 Likes on 1,192 Posts
Originally Posted by TommySalami
In our remote? I knew you could do it through the doors, but how do you roll down the windows with the remote?
Press once to unlock doors and press and hold to roll down all windows

Insert key in door lock and turn to roll windows back up all at once (can't remember to turn left or right to roll up).
Old 07-26-2007, 04:46 PM
無限 本田 CL9

Originally Posted by TommySalami
Hold the Unlock button on your remote until all windows are rolled down =)
Old 07-26-2007, 05:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Hold the Unlock button on your remote until all windows are rolled down =)
Actually, press unlock, then press again and hold down the second time.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:26 PM
無限 本田 CL9

Originally Posted by LuvMyTSX
gosh, i hate people who are so technical hehe jk thanks for the correction though :thumbup:
Old 07-26-2007, 05:27 PM
Race Director

ahh nothing like the sweet smell of moisture in your car.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
gosh, i hate people who are so technical hehe jk thanks for the correction though :thumbup:
Hehe...I just didn't want him to try it out and have it not work.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:33 PM
E92

Hehe...I just didn't want him to try it out and have it not work.
Tried it a half hour ago comin back from chik fil a
it worked =]
Old 07-26-2007, 06:33 PM
07 NHBP

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Moldy! lol
Old 07-26-2007, 06:42 PM
E92

Hopefully all your buttons still work
Old 07-26-2007, 06:48 PM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by mrgold35
I left the moon roof open in my garage and a big ass spider made its home on the rear view mirror over night. My wife got so freaked out when she got into the car that morning and she wouldn't drive the car for a couple of days until she was absolutely sure there were no more "surprises" waiting for her.

I have to roll up all windows and close the moon roof for now on.
i left my moon roof open in my driveway one day-never again- ended up with a gecko in my car.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:56 PM
Sweet!

Received 80 Likes on 69 Posts
Same here. I'd never leave my car open if it's not within my sight.

A friend of mine had the same thing happen with his 84 Rabbit, except he cared a bit less...hehe. "Oh crap, the seats are all wet! Eh well, just keep leaving it open until it dries."

Oh yeah, I love the window rolldown feature from the remote. My only question is, why didn't Acura allow us to roll the windows UP with the remote (but only with the door lock)?
Old 07-26-2007, 07:17 PM
CGP Ebony

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Being in Seattle, it can rain at anytime here too.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:22 PM
East Coast Crew

Originally Posted by thunder04

A friend of mine had the same thing happen with his 84 Rabbit, except he cared a bit less...hehe. "Oh crap, the seats are all wet! Eh well, just keep leaving it open until it dries."

Oh yeah, I love the window rolldown feature from the remote. My only question is, why didn't Acura allow us to roll the windows UP with the remote (but only with the door lock)?
Because our car isn't as expensive as a TL or an RL. Those are the only two sedans in Acura that has it.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:23 PM
Poser / Fanboi

Originally Posted by Audioserf
Holy shit do I hate this. That's happened to me a couple of times. It pissed me off because I was on my way to work and started panicing to wipe up the water in my car while I was driving, haha. I don't want any watermarks!
LOL I did the same thing. I think the car was like a week old at the time it happened so I was like "SHIT! SHIT! MY PERFECT CAR IS RUINED!!!".

I got over it.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:16 PM
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I know of one thing worse than leaving your sunroof opened... going outside and seeing that it rained a little overnight and that there is still water all over your windshield. Then getting in and starting the car with the door still opened and hitting the windshield wipers which sweeps all the water off onto you and your driver side door panel. Not that I've done that or anything...

-Shaun
Old 07-26-2007, 10:42 PM
2006 ASM tsx

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i left mine open. [tilted.] woke up to a voicemail saying it was pouring.. i was drunk so i woke up at like 2-3.. i finally got out there to check.. dry as a whistle.. luckily the rain didnt go in at an angle!!!
Old 07-27-2007, 09:03 AM
Poser / Fanboi

I have to share another story about wet cars. I sold my sister-in-law my 1991 Civic DX Hatch (4th-gen). Oh I regret that, what a great car.

Anyway, I live in Colorado where it's (relatively) dry, so I never realized that one of the rear windows had a slight leak. She gets it down to Austin (TX) and suddenly... well, let's just say it starts getting real humid inside. Oops.

Then one day she's got the hatch open and a bird comes in and shits in the car... she described it as a shit explosion, I think she scared the bird so it flew around the back crapping as it went. Next thing she knows, there's grass growing in the back of the car from the seeds in the crap. And of course, because of the leak, there's plenty of water for growth! Excellent, she was carrying around her own little park!!
Old 07-27-2007, 09:08 AM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
I have to share another story about wet cars. I sold my sister-in-law my 1991 Civic DX Hatch (4th-gen). Oh I regret that, what a great car.

Anyway, I live in Colorado where it's (relatively) dry, so I never realized that one of the rear windows had a slight leak. She gets it down to Austin (TX) and suddenly... well, let's just say it starts getting real humid inside. Oops.

Then one day she's got the hatch open and a bird comes in and shits in the car... she described it as a shit explosion, I think she scared the bird so it flew around the back crapping as it went. Next thing she knows, there's grass growing in the back of the car from the seeds in the crap. And of course, because of the leak, there's plenty of water for growth! Excellent, she was carrying around her own little park!!

Old 07-27-2007, 04:15 PM
Boring Teacher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is the most wonderful story I have ever read in my entire life!

Thank you for sharing! That made my day!
Old 07-27-2007, 05:56 PM
Your mom is in

thats gotta be one of the most disgusting car stories i have ever heard of... thanks for sharing !!
Old 07-27-2007, 05:58 PM
Your mom is in

Originally Posted by vthree
i left mine open. [tilted.] woke up to a voicemail saying it was pouring.. i was drunk so i woke up at like 2-3.. i finally got out there to check.. dry as a whistle.. luckily the rain didnt go in at an angle!!!

dude you have no idea, how amazed i was when i walked back to my car after it had been pouring...and i had left my sunroof tilted and there was not a single drop of water in my car.....i was like .... i love my CLS
Old 07-27-2007, 09:42 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

whoaa does that work on 2004's?
Old 07-28-2007, 06:07 PM
Let me help you!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by thunder04

I can't remember if it was the moonroof or the windows, but on our old saab, we left something open and came back to a car that had like 2 inches of water inside. It smelled yucky for a few days, but fortunately we didn't get mold

As for rolling the windows up, I always figured it was a safety issue...you don't want the windows that are out of sight from rolling up and getting caught on something (the windows won't stop if they encounter resistance). By requiring the driver to have the key in the driver's door to roll up the windows, the car is effectively making sure that the driver is there to stop the windows if a kid yells when his finger is pinched or something.