tsx 04 app sensor

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 06:18 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tsx 04 app sensor

so I have a acura tsx 04 6 speed transmission and I been having a check engine light on appear random I took it to auto zone and was told it had to the with the app sensor
so I took it to an acura dealer because I don't have knowledge of that and was told that the problem in app sensor corolates to the installation of aftermarket intake
which the only mod I have done is the air intake i put a injen short ram intake.
does this makes sense or what's the problem?
Old 09-30-2015, 08:04 AM
Someone stole "My Garage"

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
APP Sensor, as in "Accelerator Pedal Position sensor"?

If so, then absolutely no, the cold air intake won't have anything to do with it. That's typical dealer bullcrap for "we don't want to bother with your diagnosis".

Go to an online OE parts store, buy the APP sensor, and install it. It's very simple as its under the hood under a small plastic cover. Right up near the passenger windshield wiper.

They do tend to go-out after a while on these cars. I replaced mine a few years ago due to "jerky acceleration" and shifting problems (seemed like I didn't know how to drive my 6MT but I have been driving standard for over 15 years). Replaced the sensor, which tells the ECU how hard you are pressing the pedal, and everything was fine afterwards. Felt like a new car.
Old 09-30-2015, 08:19 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by curls
APP Sensor, as in "Accelerator Pedal Position sensor"?

If so, then absolutely no, the cold air intake won't have anything to do with it. That's typical dealer bullcrap for "we don't want to bother with your diagnosis".

Go to an online OE parts store, buy the APP sensor, and install it. It's very simple as its under the hood under a small plastic cover. Right up near the passenger windshield wiper.

They do tend to go-out after a while on these cars. I replaced mine a few years ago due to "jerky acceleration" and shifting problems (seemed like I didn't know how to drive my 6MT but I have been driving standard for over 15 years). Replaced the sensor, which tells the ECU how hard you are pressing the pedal, and everything was fine afterwards. Felt like a new car.
thanks, yea that's what I will do, I didn't see how it would relate to each other, I know we're is located but is it bolt off and on type of replacement or would i need special tools?
Old 10-01-2015, 01:23 PM
Someone stole "My Garage"

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Easy bolt-on part. I think there's one bolt holding the cover on and maybe two bolts to remove the APP sensor itself. Plus an electrical connection. I think.
It was so simple I forgot LOL
Old 10-02-2015, 06:38 AM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Adjust the cables while you're in there. I could not believe how much slack was in mine, and the pedal felt so much more responsive with the slack taken out.

I replaced mine because the engine rpms were not steady during highway cruising, but no CEL or pending code for hints. The dealer assumed throttle body and gave me a ridiculous price on not only the part, but the labor to replace it. I happened to use cruise control on an off-hours commute and it smoothed right out so I had to call BS. New APP sensor and I was good to go!

The sensor is two potentiometers that eventually wear especially in the very specific range you tend to almost always be using them.
Old 10-09-2015, 03:17 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by tsx_boy
thanks, yea that's what I will do, I didn't see how it would relate to each other, I know we're is located but is it bolt off and on type of replacement or would i need special tools?
this link may help:

https://acurazine.com/forums/problem...sponse-819824/