TSB's TSB's !

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 08:34 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TSB's TSB's !

Hey - can a mod post the tsb's from this site into maybe one thread on acurazine?

http://www.northcoasttuners.com/TSB/

I just found it on some accord forum and if you go through every one of them, 90% of them are things that people have encountered with their tsx's. It just seems to be a good resource for when acura hasnt addressed some (all) the problems.

Theres even a brake rotor refinishing guideline bulletin...

Only problem is, these seem to only be up until mid 2004, and there are no current ones listed. Does anybody have access to get any more resent tsb's for the accord?
Old 06-03-2005, 08:39 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
So are these for the Accord or are these for the TSX because the TSBs will be different...
Old 06-03-2005, 08:43 AM
Racer

no these for the newer accord. I dont think you cant go into acura and give them these tsb numbers; but who knows... im just asking if a mod can post them here because at least if we have problems that arent addressed by acura yet, they might have been addressed by honda and give us some sort of an idea whats going on.

look at some of the bulletins. theres some for wind noise from windows, auto transmission problem (like the tsx), vehicle drifting to the right, rattle from rear shelf, something about the cd player not working, another tsb about the rear headliner sagging down (like the new TL), SQUEAKY CLUTCH PEDAL!! (woo hoo!)
Old 06-03-2005, 09:09 AM
JOATMON

This is good info.

However, I already spoke to a dealer about the endlink TSB. In that case, it has been verified that the TSX and the Accord share the same endlinks (Part Nos. match), but I was told that Acura's TSB/warranty campaigns are totally separate from Honda's, and that they cannot perform TSB/warranty work without an Acura TSB.

Old 06-03-2005, 09:15 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by cl7tsx
This is good info.

However, I already spoke to a dealer about the endlink TSB. In that case, it has been verified that the TSX and the Accord share the same endlinks (Part Nos. match), but I was told that Acura's TSB/warranty campaigns are totally separate from Honda's, and that they cannot perform TSB/warranty work without an Acura TSB.

of course, that would be too easy on everyone

well at least now you know thats its a problem, and how to fix it; even though acura wont do it. eliminates the guessing and trial and error which is always a plus...
Old 06-03-2005, 10:02 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Thanks for the link. A good source of info even the Acura dealer won't do anything. There is a AT engine vibration TSB which sounds very similar to the TSX AT problem.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:04 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by MoFocker
no these for the newer accord. I dont think you cant go into acura and give them these tsb numbers; but who knows... im just asking if a mod can post them here because at least if we have problems that arent addressed by acura yet, they might have been addressed by honda and give us some sort of an idea whats going on.

look at some of the bulletins. theres some for wind noise from windows, auto transmission problem (like the tsx), vehicle drifting to the right, rattle from rear shelf, something about the cd player not working, another tsb about the rear headliner sagging down (like the new TL), SQUEAKY CLUTCH PEDAL!! (woo hoo!)
Unfortunately, since these TSBs are not specific to the TSX, we will not post them into the FAQ thread because we don't want people getting confused and trying to take these to the dealership demanding a fix.

However, we will keep these available here as a reference for others who are interested in seeing what the resolutions to some similar problems are on cars that share a similar platform.

Thanks for the info, btw.